Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player changes!

Guest MOB Snr

Every player in the squad has contributed in one way or another to our promotion.

Cast your mind back to Maldon Town away. Ruggy heads us 1-0 up with 7 minutes to go to put us on our way to a crucial three points. However, before we scored our 2nd and 3rd goals, Batchy headed a goalbound shot off of the line. Had he not have done that, we would have probably dropped 2 points there. This may have knocked our confidence going into the Enfield match and we could have missed out on the playoffs and ultimately promotion.

Some players are always going to be better than others, but that doesn't mean that the others aren't any good.

Ribbit you really dont have a clue what you are talking about. Batchy is a solid player that is handy to have on the bench. his passing is good and he always gives 100%, as far as favoritism goes i honestly beleve he would get more games if his dad WASNT the manager. pay attention next season and you may notice some things

Young Stuart is a great lad! He always gives his all on the pitch and knows how to make a good simple pass - yes he doesn't elaborate, but you don't always need that from a player.

As for being a clown?? i am speechless, young Batchy is a real character with a lot of heart. I had an operation a few weeks ago and when he noticed my hand was bandaged and my arm was in a sling he made a point of coming over and talking to me about it - that sums the lad up! He is a top bloke and i am more than happy to see him in our squad.

As for favouritism from his Dad, well i agree with the person who said that Stuart would get more games if his Father wasn't manager!

VIVA LA BATCH!!!

Originally Posted By: yellow angel
Young Stuart is a great lad! He always gives his all on the pitch and knows how to make a good simple pass - yes he doesn't elaborate, but you don't always need that from a player.
As for being a clown?? i am speechless, young Batchy is a real character with a lot of heart. I had an operation a few weeks ago and when he noticed my hand was bandaged and my arm was in a sling he made a point of coming over and talking to me about it - that sums the lad up! He is a top bloke and i am more than happy to see him in our squad.
As for favouritism from his Dad, well i agree with the person who said that Stuart would get more games if his Father wasn't manager!

VIVA LA BATCH!!!

applauseapplause

Great post and I agree 100%, especially with the last comment, more than likely he would get more games if his Dad wasn't the manager. You never see Stuart without a smile on his face and he is only too happy to look after all the mascots and make their day feel that little bit special whether he is involved or not and I can only thank him for how he has treated my boys this season.
It seems that just like the conference days, some people will never be happy with what we have achieved. To be where we are only 2 seasons after people predicted that we would be playing in the ESL hasn't been done through negative in-fighting. Its been achieved through an immense team spirit and an incredible will to win from everyone from the board to the management, players, stewards, supporters and the same is needed if we are to progress. Lets nip these negatives in the bud quickly as possible and get back to where we left of only last week.

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
Also would love a new keeper, saying that Mel done a great job over the last few weeks of the season..

There was word going around at the Playoff Final that if we were promoted we were to enquire about bringing Richard McKinney back to Park Lane. Personally I don't think we can afford him.

i would rather see us drop a few more leagues than start getting players we cant afford. it may have been fun last time we were at ryman prem, with a wage bill far higher than the clubs income, but this time it has to be done properly. for the last two seasons we have done well within the budget allowed, and that has to be a must next season, maybe a few good cup runs so we can have a bit more cash the season after next

Originally Posted By: ken
i would rather see us drop a few more leagues than start getting players we cant afford. it may have been fun last time we were at ryman prem, with a wage bill far higher than the clubs income, but this time it has to be done properly. for the last two seasons we have done well within the budget allowed, and that has to be a must next season, maybe a few good cup runs so we can have a bit more cash the season after next

agree with ken