Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kevin Dobinson vs Stuart Batch

Horse head - love it laugh

Can't see him venturing into midfield too often though, seems to have that centre back position sewn up at the minute. However, it's good to know that both Dobbo and Rich Halle can play at the back or in midfield, versatility like that can be like having extra players at times.

Have to remember Dobbo was effectively out of the game with injuries for two years so he's not going to be the player he once was under Jeff King.

I honestly believe that him returning to the side along with the introduction of James Russell was a catalyst for our good run of form to the end of the season.

He gave us strength, confidence and composure at back and also seems to have got the best out of Colin Wall.

This thread is insane!

It took Dobbo half a season to get fit after breaking his ankle and when he was selected he fitted in easily to the defensive line. Yes, Dobbo is advancing in years, which is why he is preferred at centre-half to centre-midfield but in the games he played he did his job and did it well, just look at the number of key tackles he made, headers he won and passes he completed - Phenominal!

If Dobbo is doing that a 50% as suggested, then I'd hate to be playing against him when he's 100%

Also, I ask 'Gull4life' how he knows Dobbo is one of our highest paid players!?

i cannot believe what i am reading in the threads, these players and i mean every last one of them have performed superbly over the season and i for one thank each and everyone for their efforts that have got this team to where they are today "RYMAN PREMIER" Who honestly would have thought we would be there after the position we found ourself in 2 years ago. Lets get off the players backs and give them the credit they deserve. I personally cannot wait for next season and i am sure Batchy and Britts know what needs to be done so lets leave it to them .

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Matt CIFC lets be realistic - Dobbo played for us in the Conference and earned good money. He isnt playing for free now is he? He certainly wont be playing for expenses either. A player of his ability and experience is going to cost more than beer money so I am guessing he is one of our best paid players.

I think the original point of my thread is being missed. I was sticking up for Stuart Batch and saying in my opinion he is better value for money for us than Dobbo. As for your comment about doing 50% and that being enough, I couldnt disagree with you more. Do we really want players giving 50%? I would rather 11 Stuart Batchs giving 100% than 11 Kevin Dobinsons giving 50%

if we ars to hold our own next season, we will need exoerience players like dobbo to hold our defence together,and to suggest he does'[t give more than 50%is ridiculus.batchie coming on for the last 15 mins to chase and hustle is what he does best

Well from what I saw on Sunday, every players position is under threat after the masterclass performances by Graham 'Lightning' Lyndsay and Mark 'Chunk Norris' Chittock!!!! evil

Guest MOB Snr

Gull4life, a very short life!!!!!

Only made three posts, me thinks you should go back where you came from!

I can understand Ribbit and Matt, it has been long accepted we need the odd eccentric, every club has them (we have more than most). These people tend to know lots about statistics but little about the strategy side of football, but if you are a player (even from another club) shame on you!!!!

No offence you two, but you dont half spout some rubbish, although it is often entertaining!!

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: CRFC BOSS
Are they confirmed as staying then ? wink

Hands Off!! Dobbo & Batch!!

You can have Matt & Ribbit though!!!

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
No offence you two, but you dont half spout some rubbish, although it is often entertaining!!

None taken, although (no offence of course) Pot, Kettle, Black! grin

Gull4Life, you don't know what Dobbo was on as a Conference player, and you don't know what he's on now. If you do, you should know better than to spout off on this forum.

I don't care if Dobbo is playing at 20, 50 or 100% He did enough in the games he played to do his job correctly and earn Man of the Match awards. If he is playing for Canvey at 100% next season, then I want him in my starting XI.

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: CRFC BOSS
Are they confirmed as staying then ? wink

Hands Off!! Dobbo & Batch!!

You can have Matt & Ribbit though!!!

Yeah, I'll play for Concord. They'll be relegated by Christmas though!

I definitely crossed the line yesterday, so I apologise to both Stuart and John.