Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Corinthian Casuals Appoint New Coach

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Keeper No.1 - Hector has really hit the ground running, sorry sprinting, at Corinthian-Casuals, why don't you come and watch a match this season and see for yourself.

i wish Hector all the best in his new role as i have lot of time for him - as you well know.

think he should have a word with his press officer though smile

So why on earth do you think he was allowed to leave Kentish Town then, he had a formiddable Coaching partnership going with Clement and the sky would have been the limit for the Club, he could have been persuaded to stay if someone had twisted his arm up his back.

Keeper No.1 - Hector has really hit the ground running, sorry sprinting, at Corinthian-Casuals, why don't you come and watch a match this season and see for yourself.

Must have had a slight blip after losing 2-0 to Combined Counties side Badshot Lea last night then Rhodes?

So I believe, I wasn't there but apparently despite having the lions share of the play Casuals were very light weight up front which was also their undoing on Saturday against Fisher. Don't worry though as I'm sure it will be alright on the night, ie at Fleet Town on 16 August.

Sat Aug 02, 2008
1st XI
Friendly
Loxwood
A
3:00pm

Does anybody know where Loxwood is and how to get there as I'm keen to see the next stage of Corinthian-Casuals enthralling pre-season programme this afternoon. It was certainly a setback to lose 2-0 at home to lowly Badshot Lea on Tuesday following the highs of the North Wales tour and the Fisher Athletic match however they obviously treated the game like a cup final whereas Casuals were still experimenting.

Sat Aug 02, 2008
1st XI
Friendly
Loxwood
A
3:00pm

A 1-1 stalemate this afternoon at leafy Loxwood on the Surrey/Sussex border however Casuals appeared relatively happy with the performance taking into account it was a big day for their opponents against such prestigious visitors and with the opening of their new stand by living legend Jimmy Hill. With three further friendlies still to come in order to get things right prior the big kick off at Fleet Town on 16 August, Casuals meticulous pre-season programme looks like paying huge dividends with the the players primed for action like 100 meter sprinters on Olympic Final day.

No Loxwood won Division 3 last season and are very much an up and coming Club, they treated yesterday like a World Cup, Champions League and FA Cup final all rolled into one and although Casuals took the lead a defensive lapse cost them what would have been an excellent victory. There is still ample time to get it alright on the night at Fleet Town in two weeks time although it couldn't be a tougher curtain raiser with the Hampshire outfit being one of the favourites for promotion, we'll see what happens but I don't know why you are being so critical, it promises to be the best season for Casuals in a long time.

Here's an example of how seriously Loxwood took the game yesterday, it was a huge day in the Club's history if not the biggest:

http://loxwoodfc.myfastforum.org/A_huge_thank_you__about116.html

Why do you keep mentioning Hector, anybody would think he was instrumental in the Club's inspired pre-season programme in particular the two match tour of North Wales.

Originally Posted By: CasualCorinthian
Rhodes what is inspired about our pre season programme, and why do you persist in posting about us on a thread headed Re: Corinthian Casuals Appoint New Coach is there any wonder other people think everything is due to Hectors new appointment ?

................ You're new here aren't you!

You'll learn
giggle

CasualCorinthian - There appears to be some confusion. I originally started this thread to inform people that Hector Varela had been appointed as Coach of Corinthian-Casuals following a hugely successful season with Kentish Town in the Spartan South Midlands League Division 1 where he was instrumental in winning the Championship. That should have really been the end of the matter however presumably due to Hector's profile and popularity the thread has escalated into something wider covering Casuals pre-season programme which certainly seems to be inspired going by the successful tour of North Wales and the excellent showing against Fisher Athletic, one of the Blue Square South title favourites.

Rhodes

What makes you think the tour of North Wales was successful we loss to Prestatyn and drew with CCYL we scored 1 goal, yes a success in Player bonding but on the pitch that is a matter of opnion. Interesting that you considered a 3-0 defeat against Fisher excellent also.

Since you posted about Hector moving clubs it would appear you have taken it on yourself to become a one man publicity machine for Hector and Corinthian-Casuals Fc why ?

You have posted inaccurate information urging people to attend pre season games that had been cancelled.

You have demonstated a lack of understanding of the principles of Corinthian-Casuals Fc when urging people to get some money on Corinthian-Casuals Fc for the title in Div 1s, is Hector really that good that he can coach a purely Amateur Team to win a Division where a few clubs are paying out 5K a week in wages and the average club is probably paying out 2 and a half K per week ?

Have you ever seen Corinthian-Casuals play ?

Why not learn more about the club actually come and watch us play before continuing to post information about us all over the web, some of which as a club we would have sooner not had publisized.

Originally Posted By: CasualCorinthian
you have taken it on yourself to become a one man publicity machine for Hector and Corinthian-Casuals Fc why?

Nothing could be further from the truth, I'm assuming that Corinthian-Casuals have their own publicity officer to do that, indeed they seem a very well run Club and of course I understand their principles which are famous the World over. I don't recall telling anyone to have their shirt on Casuals to win the Ryman Division 1 South this season but they should certainly be equipped to steer well clear of relegation which hasn't been the case for the past few seasons. Of course I've seen Casuals play, I was at the Fisher Athletic game which you appear not to have been impressed by, I take it you are a fan but you have a strange way of showing it.

Rhodes are you stating that this was not your posting on the 12th July it certainly was in your name ?

'' PB - You don't know Hector, I would raid your piggy bank if I were you and get on the phone to Blue Square to check Corinthian-Casuals odds for the Ryman League Division 1 South Championship ''

And yes I forgot you were the person who stated on anothers site that you came to the Fisher game and did not pay the entrance fee because you were with a member, how appauling at CCFC all members including Committee members are required to pay the entrance fee, I assume you will send a appropriate donation to the club rather than freeload ?

Well yes it was my post but I wasn't twisting anybody's arm up their back to have a bet, it's a free Country. As for the Fisher Athletic game I was simply pointing out that I felt

Hector is currently in Colombia on holiday, how can I be him.

It must be great for Corinthian-Casuals to have a Coach of his calibre at the Club, he is working voluntarily which tells you everything you need to know about him.