Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Get Together Fri 6th June RSVP thread

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Mrs Keeps - There you go again, there must be 101 other things to talk about on this Form. Why not tell us if you're planning to come to the drinks on Friday evening, your husband gave us the impression that you were and it would be nice to meet you, I bet you will be as thick as thieves with Nellie and Willo the Cat if you do.

Was going until this morning, unfortunately one of my clients has invited me to Epsom for the day - and clients mean money!!!

As for being as thick as thieves with Nellie & Willo - why, are you getting paranoid now?

Originally Posted By: Mrs Keeps
why, are you getting paranoid now?

That's a very interesting observation, can you blame me for being paranoid with 'spies' on every corner of the Forum, it takes me back to the cold war when the iron curtain was still up.

why, are you getting paranoid now?

That's a very interesting observation, can you blame me for being paranoid with 'spies' on every corner of the Forum, it takes me back to the cold war when the iron curtain was still up.

Watch your neck that iron curtain might come down again sooner than you think

Originally Posted By: Daffy
I see myself as more of a 'Duck A L'Orange', you're obviously a heathen grin duck soup would be totally unpalatable, extremely greasy and difficult to swallow doah

I'd rather like you aromatic and in a roll laugh

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Could that be because we don't go out of our way to belittle people at every opportunity

So who does that then as it's certainly not me, the only member I have a problem with on here is Football Man for obvious reasons however now I have left Kentish Town I'm hoping we can go back to being friends as we were when I was at Haringey. I like to think it's Kentish Town he has the problem with and not me due to the ill fated groundshare.

Three quote of the months in one post there Clippy!

unfortunately one of my clients has invited me to Epsom for the day - and clients mean money!!!

So money rules for you then, why am I not surprised

unfortunately one of my clients has invited me to Epsom for the day - and clients mean money!!!

So money rules for you then, why am I not surprised

Rhodes - of course money is important - it pays for all those little things that us abnormal people enjoy like kids, their clothes, days out, holidays, bus fares, school books, insurances, mortgage, fuel, heating, food, telephone, mobile phones, the cars....in case you haven't got it .....it pays for all the necessities in life...........I never have been someone who relies on others to top up my wage.....I go to work and earn any extras that are needed.

Just to let you into a little secret, I too was a Civil Servant for ten years (Vat Office, HQ Southend), I left when I had our kids - I went to night school and added to my 12 GCE's that I already possessed, I got my A Level in Mathematics & Accountancy and got myself a job on my doorstep that paid twice as much, then I took my Transport Manager qualification (CPC)and got my own Client base so that my income was the four times as much as the previous HEO monies earned with the 'Service' - Money is not ruling me, I have ambition and want to help Mr Keeps give all of us a decent quality of life (will admit though that we wouldn't just be scraping by on Mr Keeps' money) My work is a big big bonus - Money and it gets me away from the kitchen sink!

............and of course my earnings mean that I am paying so much tax, my weekly tax bill probably equates to your weekly wage............so I am probably keeping you in work.........therefore give me value for money, get off the computer and work for the full 9 hours ?? mins a day that we pay for before I call up your line manager and insist on a time and motion study in your office laugh

I suggest you take a leaf out of my book, go out, get yourself some further training then get yourself a challenging job, not all jobs are 'conveyor belt ones' You will then find out what real money means to real people and how it improves both their own life and those of their dependents.

cooked cooked cooked cooked cooked cooked cooked cooked cooked cooked cooked cooked cooked cooked

and it gets me away from the kitchen sink!

That's actually an interesting post which I'll touch on more later today, so I take it you don't believe a woman's place is in the home then making sure the house is clean and tidy, the washing, ironing and washing up done, the kids in their pajamas and a hot meal waiting on the table for her husband, as well as his slippers warmed, when he comes home tired from work like in the days of good old fashioned family values.