Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Joey Barton, should he be sacked ?

I agree Blue fan, he should be sacked. It's a really bad example to the kids - footballers can go to jail and then still keep their highly-paid glamorous jobs.

On the money side - perhaps they should just sell him for a song to some League 2 club lol. He'd like that ... evil

I agree Darter it seems these people get away with a lot of things , what example is this teaching the kids of today, thats alright don't worry, its not the way forward, but we see more and more of these big heads who think they can get away with it and the problem is most of them do ,this is the way this country is going, sad to say.BF

Originally Posted By: Blue fan
I agree Darter it seems these people get away with a lot of things , what example is this teaching the kids of today, thats alright don't worry, its not the way forward, but we see more and more of these big heads who think they can get away with it and the problem is most of them do ,this is the way this country is going, sad to say.BF

Blame SKY and Murdoch and Premiership Clubs with their noses in the trough

They are above the law, and get lighter punishments on and off the field for indescretions.

Imagine if I had done the following last season...

Parked my massive 4x4 in a disabled bay
Urinated on a table in a nightclub
Committed adultery
Spat directed at another humna being, in front of 1 billion TV viewers
Cried after losing a game of football

I don't think I would be (a) free, (B) healthy or © a potential England captain

I blame SKY duck

and Leeds (-15 points please)

• 2 years later...

Interesting that Joey Barton is a reformed character these days and is playing some of the best football of his career, I've never seen a player kicked to pieces to the extent he was at Molineux recently yet he didn't bat an eye lid and took it all in his stride.

• 2 months later...

What do members think of Joey's latest antics on Saturday for Newcastle against Liverpool aimed at Fernando Torres, it all seemed very harmless and, if anything, Barton was provoked by the Spaniard.

What do members think of Joey's latest antics on Saturday for Newcastle against Liverpool aimed at Fernando Torres, it all seemed very harmless and, if anything, Barton was provoked by the Spaniard.

Anyone that has ever listened to Joey Barton being interviewed in the media could be excused for thinking he is a reasonably intelligent, articulate young man, who just seems to have an unexplainable self destruct button. Unfortunately for him, because of his past misdemeanors his every action is analysed by the gutter press and then blown out of all proportion. I personally wouldn't think that he is any more of a greedy, arrogant self important individual than half the players in the Premiership.