Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Euro 2008...

Originally Posted By: yellow angel
Originally Posted By: Ribbit
I doubt very much I'll watch any of it. I'm not interested in football unless my team are playing.

My sentiments exactly, i just cant understand people supporting another country, with some people (well 1 actually) even seeming to be pleased that we didn't qualify! angry

I love football, it is irrelevant who is playing. just because i dont support a team doesnt mean i cant enjoy them playing. just as although i support England i rarely enjoy watching them play. i will watch every game of the Euro's because i like watching football.

Originally Posted By: ELTEL
I heard she spoke the international language of love

Baa Baa

I'm a bit woolly when it comes to that!!

I must admit, from not being bothered a week ago I'm actually really looking forward to it now. Get home about 4.45pm on weekdays, just in time for the first match.

I'm gonna watch as many games as I can.

Originally Posted By: ken
Originally Posted By: yellow angel
Originally Posted By: Ribbit
I doubt very much I'll watch any of it. I'm not interested in football unless my team are playing.

My sentiments exactly, i just cant understand people supporting another country, with some people (well 1 actually) even seeming to be pleased that we didn't qualify! angry

I love football, it is irrelevant who is playing. just because i don't support a team doesn't mean i cant enjoy them playing. just as although i support England i rarely enjoy watching them play. i will watch every game of the Euros because i like watching football.

Your reply is fair enough, i too can enjoy watching a good game of football without it being "my team", but personally i cant "support" another national team anymore than i can support any club team other than Canvey.
As far as Euro 2008 is concerned my attitude is - may the best team win!
Anyway hope you enjoy watching all the games.....

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
I must admit, from not being bothered a week ago I'm actually really looking forward to it now. Get home about 4.45pm on weekdays, just in time for the first match.

I'm gonna watch as many games as I can.

Looking forward to it as well. Finish work at 4pm so get home well in time for the 5pm game.

Be good to watch a few games down the pub as well.

Strange game. Italy wern't that bad and looked alot better than most of the sides that have appeared in the tournament so far.

Holland were different class though and the differance was they were clinical in taking their chances.

Originally Posted By: Mini Goose
I have officially had enough of the thing. all bar one of the games have been chit and full of diving.

And that France Romania game made up my mind.

rubbisshhhhhhhhhh

what the hell are you on about. all but one of the games (France v Romania) have been great. there is more diving seen every week in the premiership and teams really seem to be going for it. so far a great tornement. Italy v Holland was Brilliant, both hoast nations were unlucky to loose and battled hard, Germany and Portugal both look good. this is going to be a great Euro's

The fact that he left the pitch without the referee's permission is the issue. If you think about it supposing you have a player near the goal line who is playing opposition players onside, all he would have to do is step off of the pitch and they would be off. I assume this law was brought in to prevent this from happening.

This wasn't the case last night as the player was injured, but the law will apply to all situations.

Saying that, I wonder whether the lino realised this at the time?! If he did, he's been doing his revision!!

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Well I never knew that:

Van Nistelrooy Goal - Correct Decision

Theres a shock, a referee not knowing the laws of the game!!!!!

I still think the decision was wrong - even if the linesman saw where Panucci was (which I doubt). However I think the basic point here is the offside law is now being contorted to cover situations it was never designed to cover. In this case apparently the pitch markings no longer delimit the pitch - so when is a player considered off the pitch: when he sits with the photographers ? when he sits in row Z ? Also if an attacker steps off the pitch to avoid being offside is he now still offside ? How are linesmen supposed to notice all this in a goalmouth scramble ? What's wrong with going back to the old offside law where if you're on the pitch and offside then you're offside ? Might not be ideal but at least everybody (officials included) understands it which is most certainly not the case now.

Originally Posted By: Mini Goose
I also wonder if the ref played that law or it was just him thinking he was onside (bottled it).

If he did play the law with the other player then its a very good decision and most linos would flag for offside.

Too true, buy that man a drink drinkies