Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ex-England Internationals to Play at Concord

boleynkid

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: boleynkid
No Mob, there will be a raffle and auction and all of the proceeds will go to the Willow Foundation.

I wish your venture great success, however I will like most of our true supporters be busy on that day watching our youngsters play in our own tournament.

In future if your chairman does not want to be "offended" by my responses he might like to ensure that your commercial ventures are not advertised on the CIFC forum in direct competition to our own youth tournament.

Our local youth club has one weekend a year to raise money, how cheeky is it that you should come on here advertising a commercial venture and then take "offence" because I ask the odd awkward question?

We will also have a raffle only ours will be for kids who live on the Island,I will however donate a tenner to the Willow Foundation as it is a great cause !!

And before you say it I am on antibiotics so no drinkies drinkies drinkies

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: CRFC BOSS
11.05pm just returned from the pub again !

I think you will find if you read the threads the conversation started about 7.00.

You joined at 11.00 not me!!

Can we not let this return to a Canvey Forum about CIFC, I am bored by all this talk about Concord?

Is it not better that we chat about our stuff here and you chat about your stuff on your forum!!

You see our forum, is about our fans, I could never imagine any of our board members coming on here, never mind venturing on to your forum!!

To be fair MOB, if you look back at my responses, I don't think I have taken offence, as such, to your questions once. I have just tried to answer them as politely as I can. I would just like to re-iterate that I am absolutely nothing to do with Concord and in fact I have seen far more Canvey games over the years (including away matches) than Concord matches. Like most football fans on the island, I am proud of the achievements of CIFC and I am also proud of the achievements of CRFC (the team I played for as a boy). To have 2 very good non-league teams on the island is excellent. Those who know me will know that actually I am West Ham through and through but I also like to see football teams on Canvey Island doing well.

Hopefully, the England game will be for all football fans on Canvey Island (and the neighbouring towns) to enjoy. This will be a unique event (very unlikely to happen again) and a chance for fans to see former legends of the game up close and will aslo be a great opportunity for autographs, photo's etc.

When the date was fixed for the England game I had absolutely no idea that the youngsters had their soccer tournament on the day and I hope it will be a great success. I have no doubts their parents, relatives etc will still go along to support their children at the event and that's as it should be.

With regards the commercial venture, I would like to point out that I am paying to play in the game. For me and the others playing it will be once-in-a-lifetime "football experience" and that is very much what my company is all about.

I like to raise money for charity at all the events I do so thanks very much for your donation.