Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Drums at football.

Yesterday me and Tyler were dabating if drums at football are good or not.

Thought it would be interesting to see other peoples thoughts.

I personally say no. Think supporters show there passion from there heart. I dont think using instruments are the way to show it. you tend to find people reply on the drum aswell and the vocal support is more quiet.

Drums are great if you've got Phil Collins or Animal as supporters. But if not, it all gets a bit messy; besides, at away games its much more fun to kick / thump the fence for the same desired effect.

I do often miss Fred's legendary trumpet playing though. We were famous for that !!!

i have always thought that the drums improve the fans. with someone who can keep a beat the fans always sing more. as most of the time i dont stand with the singers (to much noise for my taste) and the drums carry allot further than the singing. sometimes you lot can be singing your little hearts out and you cant hear a thing from the other end of the ground. we went over the top, instead of having 1 drum and someone who can play it we got 10 and hit them like monkeys, it drowned everything out. also if the person with the drum is a passionate supporter it is it is allot easier to get people going when there are the lulls you get when people sing

Spot on Ken.

A nice touch re Fred's bugle. Speaking of the bar....will it be open at half time next campaign (not sure of the licensing impact cause although we've been at Ryman Prem before, (with & w/o half time bar) techincally it wasn't the same level of the pyramid so heres hoping !!!!). If not, could we please change the name of this thread to "Bums @ Football" ? And arrange to have some nice cheer-leaders strutting their stuff at half-time (ala West Ham, Hx etc). "The Islandettes" am sure that would make the interval more entertaining !! The way my man-boobs have developed over last few years I could even volunteer. No Spandex though.