Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Still no news and its gone quiet.

Mr Happy

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Wow! So SOB knew about Stevie V before it was posted on the homepage!....

Maybe SoB should change his name to VoB

Voice Of Board evil evil

Stevie V is a huge loss, under the last management he was never given a run in the team to settle.

Matty Negus also gone.........see you about November time then Matty!! evil

Good luck to both of them, both very talented players.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Wow! So SOB knew about Stevie V before it was posted on the homepage!

No, I read it on the homepage!

While I agree that certain comments made to Steve towards the end of last season probably haven't helped, I think he hasn't developed since his trial with Barnet following the pre season friendly a couple of seasons ago. The same happened to Kevin Stephens.

Hopefully, Steve will find the challenge that he needs to ensure that he fulfills his potential at his next club.

Steve V will be missed. Matt had a poor season last year. Shame to see Charlie go. I thought he took his chance well at the start of last term and was then shat on by the management.

More importantly, I'm suprised there's been no comment about the mischief in the local press (Gazette, I think) over the QE stadium this week. That appears to suggest that the Council's policy is now (and has always been?) to retain the running track.

The unqualified suggestion that secondary schools would rather hold sports days there than Picketts Lock, without setting out how this poll took place and what was actually asked, doesn't seem to me to meet the normal journalistic standards of the Borough's premier local paper.

Originally Posted By: berbagod
Gazmued Dauti is a strong midfield players whos's last club was Broxbourne Boro I think. Was at Redbridge before that I think for a bit. Not the most mobile but always likely to pop up ith a goal or 2.

1 or 2 every game would be great!

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
More importantly, I'm suprised there's been no comment about the mischief in the local press (Gazette, I think) over the QE stadium this week. That appears to suggest that the Council's policy is now (and has always been?) to retain the running track.

The unqualified suggestion that secondary schools would rather hold sports days there than Picketts Lock, without setting out how this poll took place and what was actually asked, doesn't seem to me to meet the normal journalistic standards of the Borough's premier local paper.

Is there a link to this?

Newspaper talk. Do we believe everything written in the free press these days?

I did a straw poll yesterday and found that 50% of the people asked thought that Gazza was brilliant at golf. The other 50% thought he was average. That's statistics for you.

17th June 2008

Player News

Enfield Town tonight signed Mitch Hahn from Redbridge. The 21 year old striker played more than 100 times for the Motormen and had a hand in three of their goals, one of which he scored, in their 4-1 win last season at Goldsdown Road in Jim Chandler's and Peter Hammatt's last game.

Ricci Crace and Luke Marshall have also signed contracts in the last few days and Max Mitchell will be following suit within a week. Other players from last season to have pledged their futures to the club are Jason Willis, David Bastian, Simon Tickner, Glenn Harvey and Rudi Hall.

Stewart Margolis still has to speak to the other players who were with us last season and is confident of creating a strong enough squad for the coming challenges. He would not rule out more new faces joining the club saying "We are in the process of finalising a few things and will make more announcements soon."

Sad that Tom Hodge has gone as I think he looked a decent player for the few times that he made the team.