Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Signing

Ribbit

Originally Posted By: canveyislandfc.com
The club can today announce the signing of Tarkan Mustafa, a left sided defender/midfielder who joins us after playing for Redbridge last season.

Tarkan's previous clubs include Dagenham & Redbridge, Aldershot, Eastleigh and Worthing.

Earlier in his career, he played league football for both Barnet and Rushden & Diamonds.

I've got an awful memory for opposition players, so I've got no idea who he is. Anyone know anymore than the above?

It's really a good signing for Canvey.A versatile and experienced player with a few top non league medals.Good character to have in the changing room as well.

Originally Posted By: diddy.d
he sounds like a good player but i heard that nicky rugg was leaving , if thats true we need strikers as well. doah

I think Jay and Lucky can provide good enough cover for Ruggy, only problem I can see is if they get injured.

I remember Tarkan well from when he played for Dagenham and Hornchurch, during our previous Ryman Prem days. Obviously, was watching him playing against us for Redbridge at the play-off final and during the league games, where he was playing as a right-sided player. Another old head at the back to firm us up, which is good.

Also, I hear that Kieran English will be Ruggy's replacement for next season.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
I remember Tarkan well from when he played for Dagenham and Hornchurch, during our previous Ryman Prem days. Obviously, was watching him playing against us for Redbridge at the play-off final and during the league games, where he was playing as a right-sided player. Another old head at the back to firm us up, which is good.

Also, I hear that Kieran English will be Ruggy's replacement for next season.

Unlikely to be Ruggy's replacement as he dosent really have any experience of 1st team football although im sure he will be involved within the squad this year.

Im sure John is looking at a number of forwards but quality goal scoring strickers cost money..!

Kieran English will be Ruggy's replacement?

Not a chance, English is not fit to lace his boots, IMO one of your most overrated young players, would be absolutely ruined at Ryamn Prem level..... Struggled in the Essex Herts Border.... says it all really....

Originally Posted By: ELTEL
Didnt he score the winner against Canveys B side I think they are called the Horse and Groom

No memory lapse Concord Rangers

I think he did actually, maybe they forgot about it when they were drowning their sorrows after another defeat from the best team on the island laugh

If you lot are referring to the game this past season, then i believe that the goal you are on about was in fact a cross that anyone other than our 'at the time' incompetent useless GK would'nt have dropped straight onto your magnificent forwards foot for a tap in.

I dont know anyone who could have possibly missed that chance!