Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Signing

Ribbit

I was very impressed with the new signings and trialists last night, especially Tarkan who showed real quality. Leon Antoine would be a great signing, he was a real menace when he came on, but Lucky was awesome, gave the Sarfend defence all sorts of problems. He is like a new signing and I really hope he can stay fit for the whole of next season.

There was a great atmosphere all around the ground before, during and after the game and it was great to see nearly a 1000 people at the match last night. Most will have gone home happy with what they saw from Canvey and hopeful for a very successful season ahead.

Well done to the stewards for the way they handled the Sarfend chavs who had over done it on the shandy's!!

I've just been reading the Southend forum. Apprantly we've got a very poor side and they shouldn't be drawing with us. That's news to me.

Secondly, they reckon that's our biggest game of the season. Who wants to bet we'll get more for Billericay/Hornchurch?

Thirdly, someone mentioned we've got a beehive hiding in the seating area somewhere towards the away bar.

It was an amusing read of their forum. laugh

To be honest Ribbit when we were working in the seats over the past few saturdays we noticed there was a bvees nest in the seated area. But i thought it had been removed.

I agree though that we will top that crowd for Urchins and Ricay. Even Dartford and Dover we could top it.

I think it's sad when i side so high as League 1 hates a side in the Ryman so much.

I'm sure not all Southend fans hate us. I was standing next to about ten of them and they had nothing but good things to say about us. I spoke to a couple while queuing to get in and they were saying they had admiration for those of us who turn up week in, week out.

Originally Posted By: John Short
Canging the subject here did anyone think Ben Pattern played good at the back because i thought he was outstanding

As I said on the Antoine thread, I thought he showed some real professional skills and can be an instant success. I was pleasantly surprised at how tall he is too. I imagine a defense with Patten, Wall and West will be quite formidable height wise. Another thing he has that I noticed as well is pace, he's only 22 so hopefully he'll be with us for a while.

Originally Posted By: Mini Goose
Saw them outside the Jelli on the way down. Could see they were going to be a problem. Jokes on them. I'm sure they could see the game well from the car park.

Probably the same morons who thought it would be funny to sing songs about the Munich aircrash in front of children and families about ten years ago.

The majority of Southend fans are decent people but they have a minirity who are complete morons.

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Originally Posted By: Mini Goose
Saw them outside the Jelli on the way down. Could see they were going to be a problem. Jokes on them. I'm sure they could see the game well from the car park.

Probably the same morons who thought it would be funny to sing songs about the Munich aircrash in front of children and families about ten years ago.

The majority of Southend fans are decent people but they have a minirity who are complete morons.

10 years ago these would have been about 5 years old.

Originally Posted By: Golden Boots
Kieran English will be Ruggy's replacement?

Not a chance, English is not fit to lace his boots, IMO one of your most overrated young players, would be absolutely ruined at Ryamn Prem level..... Struggled in the Essex Herts Border.... says it all really....

Not bad coming from someone who cant even get into Concord Reserves, the signature says it all really!!!!!

Originally Posted By: The Gaffer from the Rock
Originally Posted By: Golden Boots
Kieran English will be Ruggy's replacement?

Not a chance, English is not fit to lace his boots, IMO one of your most overrated young players, would be absolutely ruined at Ryamn Prem level..... Struggled in the Essex Herts Border.... says it all really....

Not bad coming from someone who cant even get into Concord Reserves, the signature says it all
really!!!!!

lol bite