Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Signing Number 2

ShedBoy

Taken from the official website.... Sounds like a good signing..

We are delighted to announce the signing of defender Ben Patten. Ben started his career at Redbridge, coming through the club's youth setup before signing for Joe Royle's Ipswich Town in 2004. Despite interest from Blue Square South sides, Ben, aged 22, is John Batch's second signing of the summer, and will feature on Friday against Southend United.

Ben is a quality defender, played for Ford Utd (Back in the day when it was Ford, not Redbridge......!) with Jerome Sobers (also featured at Chelmo, not sure where he is now?)

Both went to Ipswich after impressive games with Ford, they played out a season in the ressies, i think he was on the bench for a few 1st team cup games, also spent time @ St Albans after he got released by Ipswich, then popped up at Chelmo..

Deffo a good signing for you guys...

Sounds like a quality signing.

Two impressive defensive signings for the new campaign, hopefully there will be a couple more to follow after the friendles.

I wonder though, who else apart from Jon Stuart and Nicky Rugg isn't featuring next season.

If Mel wanted to play next season then i would just have him in goal but i don't think he wants to play now. I think he just wants to be a goalie coach.

IF thats the case then we casn't rely on Wiseman alone and should have a look around the Ryman north. Their are some good keepers in that division.

It's a shame we couldn't get McKinney back.