Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Signing Number 2

ShedBoy

Originally Posted By: Golden Boots
Louis Green from GWR would be good for you guys, he will be ousted this year by Mckinney obviously, it's worth a shot....

McKinney could have been a good catch for us, I really rated him when he played for us until he made that mistake and lost his confidence. Mel has proved he is more than capable and Ricky definately has potential - its just a question of if we can get it out of him!

If we could get James back for a season that would be brilliant!

Louis Green from GWR

Is he the blonde one with the immaculate white boots?

He would've been my best suggestion if we were to go after another 'Keeper.

Personally, though if we were to go for another Goalkeeper I would've said bringing someone in on loan like we did with James Russell. I don't think it should be James Russell though because he wasn't the full package for me and cost us points last season.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
I don't think it should be James Russell though because he wasn't the full package for me and cost us points last season.

He was a vital asset in us getting promoted, he pulled off some remarkable saves that - if he hadn't have been there for - would have lost us games.

James Russell was marvellous for us last year, but, as Matt said, he did make mistakes that cost us points, but then everybody makes mistakes. I don't think we can hold that against him and as such, I'd be more than happy if he came for a season long loan.

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
Originally Posted By: John Short
it nis just a way 2 cut down long words thats all

I know what it is; it's annoying. Surely not that much has changed since I left school that they teach you to type like a mongoloid.

If long words needed cutting down, they wouldn't have been long in the first place.

I can assure you Ribbit, school hasn't changed - forgive John.

Louis Green is a good Ryman North keeper but im not sure if he could make the step up to Premier level. I don't think he has the presence between the sticks you require at a higher level. GWR must not rate him that highly if they have brought in another keeper.

James Russell did make a couple of errors but the difference he made was massive. His distribution , shot stopping and ability to come out and collect dangerous crosses was superb.

I personally think the return of Dobbo, Colin Wall's form and the club taking James on loan was the extra push we needed to go up..

Louis Green from GWR would be good for you guys, he will be ousted this year by Mckinney obviously, it's worth a shot....

When GWR signed McKinney i wondered what would happen with Green. I rate McKinney but i can`t understand why GWR would want to lose him, every time i`ve seen him play i`ve been impressed.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
I'm all for him coming back if we asked, just if he did I hope he's trained to catch crosses properly and be confident in decision making/coming out.

Matt - We must have been watching different Keepers..

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
James Russell was marvellous for us last year, but, as Matt said, he did make mistakes that cost us points, but then everybody makes mistakes. I don't think we can hold that against him and as such, I'd be more than happy if he came for a season long loan.

You're right, he did make some mistakes. But at this level of football (and at any other - just look at Euro 08!) players are going to make them. As the song goes: You'll never beat James Russell...again.

If Mel is happy to play and Ricky doesn't mind sitting on the bench then getting a new goalkeeper, for me, isn't the main priority.

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
Louis Green is a good Ryman North keeper but im not sure if he could make the step up to Premier level. I don't think he has the presence between the sticks you require at a higher level. GWR must not rate him that highly if they have brought in another keeper.

James Russell did make a couple of errors but the difference he made was massive. His distribution , shot stopping and ability to come out and collect dangerous crosses was superb.

I personally think the return of Dobbo, Colin Wall's form and the club taking James on loan was the extra push we needed to go up..

That's as long as Colin can stay on the pitch for ninety minutes!

I've got a lot of time for Wakering as a team and a club and I think they could certainly push for the play-offs, but I don't think we should go in for their cast-offs. Batchy is the man that counts though and if he decides a certain player is good enough to join our squad, then I'm happy to go along with it.

Originally Posted By: Canvey_Fan_2008

If Mel is happy to play and Ricky doesn't mind sitting on the bench then getting a new goalkeeper, for me, isn't the main priority.

Somebody else suggested that Mel isn't keen on playing every week, but would rather focus on training our goalkeepers. I have to say, I would rather see Mel in that position. Not that I don't like watching Mel, because I do and he's always done well when he's played. I'd just rather have someone younger, who can focus 100% on playing in goal.
Don't forget, at times last season we had three 'keepers, though rarely two at the same time. We may well have been in trouble if we hadn't had Mel/Ricky/James at times.

Not necessarily.

Yes, he was a good shot-stopper like you say.

Yes, his distribution was excellent as you say.

Yes, he did make several errors, again like you say.

Those errors though, were fumbled crosses (Dartford, Witham) and indecisivness when coming out (Waltham Forest).

Once again, like you say though, his presence in the goal combined with Dobbo coming back and both Wall and West's performances were what really got us through.

Originally Posted By: Canvey_Fan_2008

I don`t think you can rely on Capleton`s fitness to play the majority of games in a season and i believe that goalkeeper is one position you need to keep constant.

i missed allot of games when Russell was in goal and every single one i saw he cocked up at some point. now i assume he must have had some good games as people rave about him but he did make mistakes. i think Ricky is fine in goal as long as he gets his confidence back and stays focused for the full 90 minutes. he disserves a chance