Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Signing Number 2

ShedBoy

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
Originally Posted By: Golden Boots
Louis Green from GWR

Is he the blonde one with the immaculate white boots?

He would've been my best suggestion if we were to go after another 'Keeper.

Personally, though if we were to go for another Goalkeeper I would've said bringing someone in on loan like we did with James Russell. I don't think it should be James Russell though because he wasn't the full package for me and cost us points last season.

You two are a comedy double you seem to have lots of opinion, you know lots about statistics but b^gger all about football!!

James was a quality asset, head and shoulders above any keeper in our league, he more than made up for his mistakes, the confidence he shot through the defence probably had a big impact on our promotion.

Ribbit & Matt or Mike Parry & The Moose. You could not tell them apart!!

Have to agree with MOB snr about James Russel, he is only about 19 / 20 years old, with games under his belt he could easily be a football league player in the very near future..

MOB Snr - Also agree with your view on Ribbit & Matt! You guys are funny!!

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
Have to agree with MOB snr about James Russel, he is only about 19 / 20 years old, with games under his belt he could easily be a football league player in the very near future..

MOB Snr - Also agree with your view on Ribbit & Matt! You guys are funny!!

Problem is he must train nearly every day. If he steps down being as young as he is and trains twice a week then i can see him going down hill.

MOB - What a prick you are, haven't seen you on here for a few days, yet as soon as a healthy topic of debate comes up, you have to ruin it. If you can't help but have a dig at other forum users, please do us all a favour and get lost.

Anyway, ignoring him...

I wasn't bashing Russell, just pointing out a weakness he had with us last season. Like I said with coaching under Mel any Goalkeeper at Canvey can establish themselves as a quality player.

Right that's get back on the subjet of CIFC and Football..

Im sure most of us agree we probably need another forward added to the squad for the coming campaign..

What forward at our level would you like to sign if we had the chance..

For me the boy at Dartford looked a quality player, his 1st name was James..

One player i would love to se at the Lane again would be Jason Hallett.

Hallett would be a top signing and settle in straight away, but I don't think Chelmsford would let him go for nothing.

We've got Leon, the Currans, Ian Luck and Fanibuyan who can all play up front. I'm really tempted to suggest we go for a Lucky and Leon partnership this season, but if Danny Curran can remain injury free, he'll be top scorer this season.

I remember Colin Wall playing up front for a couple of friendlies last season, was impressive as well!

One big Striker I was quite impressed with last season was Petre Elbi at Ilford. He scored their goal at their place and worked hard, despite the rest of the team being [****!!****].

Originally Posted By: ronin

Are you trying to tell us something ShedBoy? I have heard rumours he had been training with us.

If your source is correct then I certainly wouldn't mind!!

Originally Posted By: Canvey_Fan_2008

Are you trying to tell us something ShedBoy? I have heard rumours he had been training with us.

If your source is correct then I certainly wouldn't mind!!

I heard it from 3 different people but obviously it could just be a rumour that has done the rounds. I was expecting ShedBoy to put us straight, maybe he missed my post.

Even if Hallett was training with us i would expect it to be extra training sessions with mates to get his fitnesss after his major injury rather than a sign Chelmsford were releasing/loaning him.

Im not aware of Jason training with us..

I believe he played the first half of chelmsford city's 1st pre season game on Tuesday night..

Loan deal could be an option if Chelmsford want to get him back to fitness, saying that i can't see Kingy doing us any favours to be honest, maybe im wrong..!

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
MOB - What a prick you are, haven't seen you on here for a few days, yet as soon as a healthy topic of debate comes up, you have to ruin it. If you can't help but have a dig at other forum users, please do us all a favour and get lost.

Anyway, ignoring him...

I wasn't bashing Russell, just pointing out a weakness he had with us last season. Like I said with coaching under Mel any Goalkeeper at Canvey can establish themselves as a quality player.

Nice response, I will not lower myself to dignify it with a similar reply on here!!!

You are always slagging of our players under the veil of fair comment, truth is our players read your drivel and maybe that is why sometimes some of the younger ones have a confidence issues.

Because you pay a couple of quid over the gate does not give you the right to "point out weaknesses" of young players giving their all to our club.

Perhaps you should have learnt from the issues over the unofficial website, being a moderator brings responsibilty and perhaps you should think twice before calling fellow supporters names.

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: Ribbit
Originally Posted By: MOB Snr

Ribbit & Matt or Mike Parry & The Moose. You could not tell them apart!!

Who shall we partner you with then?

Some say Bob Hoskins, some say Danny De Vito, Glen reckons Martin Jol, Jnr reckons family guy, Adam reckons Homer Simpson......

The good news is Mrs MOB thinks Errol Flynn........................