Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sarfend

Please, please, please get your bloody coat!!!! go to Middlesborough if you want co-ordinated celebrations after each goal - what a load of Bo*&^%s. I honestly cant think of anything worse except maybe at finals where they insist on playing "rocking all over the world" and "we are the champions". Let the fans do their own. Listen to the uncoordinated celes at the end of the play off final - pure gold!

Good result. Bit of an improvement to last years 6-1.

Thought we matched them in every position. Only thing was Southend strength.

I'm glad we went through the whole game aswell. Didn't seem to get any weaker as the game went on. Shame we couldn't get something at the end.

The first half was an exercise in defending, which we did well, but in the second half we had more time on the ball and produced several good moves.

I was pleased with the performance of several players.

One question though; where was Chris Bourne?

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
The first half was an exercise in defending, which we did well, but in the second half we had more time on the ball and produced several good moves.

From what i have been hearing i don't think he will be with us this year..

What really pisses me off is the Echo website's take of the game, (not to mention they haven't got anything about our two signings on there)!

Quote:
SOUTHEND United were held to a 0-0 draw in a drab encounter at Canvey Island this evening.

The Shrimpers, who fielded two Brazilian trailists in their starting line-up - Stefanio and Fabio - enjoyed more of the ball early on with Alex Revell forcing Ricky Wiseman into action with an attempted lob.

Charles Ademeno then shot wide of the left post during the second half before the home-side began to work their way into the game.

With 78 minutes on the clock Gulls striker Ian Luck had a close range effort ruled out for a foul but Blues should have won the late on when Rhys Henry somehow stabbed a right wing cross from Revell wide of a gaping goal.

Southend continue their pre-season preparations with a trip to Thurrock tomorrow, kick off 3pm.

Southend: Joyce, Francis, Jones (Byrne 64), Clarke, Herd, McCormack, Lokando, Stefanio (Ademeno 46), Revell, Furlong (Henry 67), Fabio (O'Keefe 67)

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
Originally Posted By: Ribbit

From what i have been hearing i don't think he will be with us this year..

I'll be gutted if that's true.

Originally Posted By: Canvey_Fan_2008
The reporter at the game was Southend Uniteds echo reporter, so its understandable that its fairly biased!

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I wonder what odds I can get on Southend getting relegated this season? Because like one of their moronic fans said, we get excited over a 0-0 pre-season friendly - Well the only excitement they're gonna get this season, is the chance to win a relegation dog-fight!

Originally Posted By: ken
Great yarmouth played song two by blur after they scored a goal and they bashed us 7-1 in a pre season friendly. its a bad song normally but that day it was awfull

That was Folkestone, Ken.

Good result by the sounds of it. Looking forward to Chelmo on Friday.