Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Opening Day Ryman Prem Fixtures 08 / 09 Rumour

ShedBoy

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
I think someone on another said it used to be Sittingbourne's ground, but they moved out. I'm not sure if Maidstone ever shared with them there though.

Both grounds are Sittingbourne's, they never moved into the nice one so have stayed at the crap one. Maidstone are their tenants.

Leaving the ground, when we were there, the nice stadium looked as eerie in the night as the Bates motel!

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
Maidstone's first home game is against us on the first Tuesday night - Bet they're happy about that! grin

Disappointed we play Hornchurch at home on a Tuesday night!

I agree matt for atmosphere our game would have been better on a sat rather than a tuesday

Con South (aka Ryman Prem proper)...... i wouldn't like to speculate to be honest - on the day probably all much of a mucnness against any outfit; but grinding it out over the course of a season we'd no doubt struggle. Thats gotta be a mid-term agenda for us though. Just grateful we've stepped up to this league.

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
Is there the opportunity for a mutal fixture swap, so we can play Hornchurch on a Saturday?

For me the fixtures are fine, i`d rather play a localish away game on a Tuesday and have the long distance ones on a Saturday.

our game at their place is at the weekend. and 21 miles isnt that much to affect them coming to us for the Tuesday night.

Wealdstone, Maidstone and Harrow away are the Tuesdays nights im not looking forward to. an hour and a half at least to get to each of them

Originally Posted By: ken
our game at their place is at the weekend. and 21 miles isnt that much to affect them coming to us for the Tuesday night.

Wealdstone, Maidstone and Harrow away are the Tuesdays nights im not looking forward to. an hour and a half at least to get to each of them

Too true Ken. Lets stop all this "O, we got Hx on a week night". Its only up the road, and with the renowned volumes of away support they take to EVERY game, we will still be on for a good 'un.

Plus all the whinging only justifies the excuses IF they have a low turn out at ours in September.

All i wanna know now is the weather forecast for the Margate away trip - looking forward to that one BIG TIME.