Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fridays Game

Dillinger

Originally Posted By: LOS
Originally Posted By: Dillinger
Hello people , looking forward to the game on Friday , what sort of reception will Jeff get ?

Doubt he'll be there to be honest, summer holidays an all that.

I have heard that he will be there.

Guest MOB Snr

Jeff and the King family are not loved by everybody, but most people appreciate what the Kings have done for our club and the Island as a whole.

I suspect and hope most people will offer a warm welcome as that is what is deserved.

If anyone shouts Judas, they obviously dont know our history or the Kings!!

I would suggest a warm clap would be nice (no need to cheer) with a verse of " Big Fat Jeffs Yellow Army" on our first goal!!!

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
Jeff and the King family are not loved by everybody, but most people appreciate what the Kings have done for our club and the Island as a whole.

I suspect and hope most people will offer a warm welcome as that is what is deserved.

I would suggest a warm clap would be nice (no need to cheer) with a verse of " Big Fat Jeffs Yellow Army" on our first goal!!!

Totally agree with all of that MOB, bar the last part. "Johnnie Batchies Yellow Army" is more appropriate !!!!!!!!! We gotta focus on the 'now'.

Originally Posted By: Canvey_Fan_2008
Hello people , looking forward to the game on Friday , what sort of reception will Jeff get ?

And where did you hear that from Charlie huh??? I wonder MMMmmm(LOL)

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr

Spot on MOB! smile

Originally Posted By: Canvey_Fan_2008

And where did you hear that from Charlie huh??? I wonder MMMmmm(LOL)

Don't remember actually wink

At the end of the day let's focus our attention in getting behind our boys and creating a good atmosphere. As LOS said, let's concentrate on now and not dwell on the past.

Jeff brought us some fantastic times at Canvey, lets not forget that. Under Jeff i believe we had 8 promotions out of 11 years, he brought in some great players and we have a great stadium. But sinse he left the club has become more family based like it was when i started watching, the atmosphere is better and its friendlier. We seam to have grown into one big family and it feels great, i will miss it very much when i finally leave these shores for sun, sea and se?, i'm too old for the last thing.

After saying all that about Jeff, it was him that brought the players in, and it was him that payed there wages, if he was spending too much he shouldn't have paid the high wages that he did. When he did leave everyone would have understood if he had not gone to manage somebody else, but tried to work on a smaller budget at Canvey.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
At the end of the day let's focus our attention in getting behind our boys and creating a good atmosphere. As LOS said, let's concentrate on now and not dwell on the past.

Spot on Yellow, couldn't care less about the opposition, I'll be there to watch and support Canvey. I've done my fair share of cheering and applauding the previous squad and management, I'll be concentrating fully on encouraging the current Canvey team.

I remember the last two Chelmsford games we played. The 4-1 at home was awful, and was the last game Paul Cobb played for us I believe. Took a pen which hit the underside of the bar and crossed the line, though the goal was not given.

1-0 to Canvey, 680 crowd.

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Originally Posted By: YELLOW

Spot on Yellow, couldn't care less about the opposition, I'll be there to watch and support Canvey. I've done my fair share of cheering and applauding the previous squad and management, I'll be concentrating fully on encouraging the current Canvey team.

I remember the last two Chelmsford games we played. The 4-1 at home was awful, and was the last game Paul Cobb played for us I believe. Took a pen which hit the underside of the bar and crossed the line, though the goal was not given.

1-0 to Canvey, 680 crowd.

can remember that Cobby penalty. The reason the goal was not given is because the crowd at the sea wall end didn't acknowledge it !!! I was convinced that night that had we cheered - the goal would've been given.
......But in retrospect, i guess the fact the Cobby didn't have his glasses on was a contributing factor !!

WHO ARE YA ? WHO ARE YA ?

I would be surprised if Kingy is there, he was never there for any of Canveys pre season games. although i dont think he should get abuse if he does turn up i dont think he should be applauded. he may have lost allot of money in the final years but he made allot the years before that (dont forget tax breaks and underhand dealing). he did do allot for the club but he was also willing to let it go down the swanny when he realised he couldnt make any money out of it (mainly because most people on the island dont like the King family).

the players on the other hand should get a fantastic reception (obviously not as good as we give the real canvey players). i dont think they done anything wrong and it will be nice to see some old faces back at the lane

Originally Posted By: ken
I would be surprised if Kingy is there, he was never there for any of Canveys pre season games. although i dont think he should get abuse if he does turn up i dont think he should be applauded. he may have lost allot of money in the final years but he made allot the years before that (dont forget tax breaks and underhand dealing). he did do allot for the club but he was also willing to let it go down the swanny when he realised he couldnt make any money out of it (mainly because most people on the island dont like the King family).

the players on the other hand should get a fantastic reception (obviously not as good as we give the real canvey players). i dont think they done anything wrong and it will be nice to see some old faces back at the lane

Good response Ken

I agree with you Canveyspur. And Ken that's a good point.

Kingy is just another visiting Manager. For 90 mins it's war, and there is only one group of players that we should be cheering AND CHEERING LOAD!!! Half the chelmsford team may of wore our shirt in the past BUT NOT NOW. I say lets cheer on Canvey and let the the old boys know what sort of backing they are missing.

Originally Posted By: ken

Jeff was most certainly at Witham last Saturday for our 7-1 win over Witham Town.

What evidence do you have that Jeff "made a lot of money" at any point at Canvey.

Originally Posted By: Lloegyr
I agree with you Canveyspur. And Ken that's a good point.
Kingy is just another visiting Manager. For 90 mins it's war, and there is only one group of players that we should be cheering AND CHEERING LOAD!!! Half the chelmsford team may of wore our shirt in the past BUT NOT NOW. I say lets cheer on Canvey and let the the old boys know what sort of backing they are missing.

Well said, excellent points.