Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fridays Game

Dillinger

Originally Posted By: peter foster
Thank you for your admissions, Shedboy, that you have no proof for your allegations and that you have very little business expertise....

Jeff King is a very rich man. And one of the advantages of being a very rich man is that you have the freedom to indulge your habits. And for many years the habit which Jeff King was desireous to indulge was to manage and fund Canvey Island Football Club. Steve Kent does it at Billericay; Lee Harding does it at Braintree; Fisher.... And virtually any club in the top half of the Ryman Premier or above with gates averaging below 400 probably has a "mini-Jeff King...."

I think you have me confused with someone else Peter..! Check the thread i made no mention of business expertise..

Canvey 1- 3 chelmsford

attendance of 708.

I started coming to Canvey the year we got relegated back to the ryman division 2, so i have seen us win so many promotions because of King so i have to agree that he maybe should be applauded but i wouldnt go as far as cheering.

Really looking forward to the game tonight!

I would be surprised if any of our trialists played tonight, as I imagine they would've been saved for tomorrow's game.

It's gonna be tough tonight, but if we can show as much desire as we did against Southend I reckon we can make it an entertaining game!

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
I make you right on that Charlie. I would've said that against Southend too, with the exception of Halle and Fanibuyan who were stated as unavailable.

What would your ideal 11 be? Its a tough decision in some places this year!

Ideal 11 would be the starting line-up against Southend with the exception of: Fanibuyan for Corbell, Halle for Clydie and Antoine for Jay Curran.

The bench would consist of a Goalkeeper, Blewer, Clydie, Lucky and hopefully if he's fit, Danny Curran.

As you say, tough decision, but that is with everyone fit. With injuries and suspensions, players might easily fit in, in some situation.

Also, like Ronin said on another thread, it also gives us a chance to change formation on the occasions it's warranted.

That is a good team you put there, do you not think Lucky deserves a place? I'm not sure if I prefer him coming on in the last 15 - 20 mins when the opposition defence is getting tired, and then ripping into them like he has done so well in the past; or having him start :|

Hopefully it won't come down to injuries meaning the [winning tongue ] formation needs to be changed, but we don't have the best of luck with injuries.

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
I think Mel has to start in goal..

His experience and ability to command his box will be key to how we get on this season.

That's hope he stays fit..

I would have agreed with you, had you said this before the Southend game. After last Friday, I think Ricky has proved what he is capable of and full credit to him - he has stayed with us after being slated at the ground on here. He should be given a chance and these pre-season games are the times that he must be given it.

I'm not sure if Mel want's to play in goal anymore, and if not then he would be better of training Ricky.