Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fridays Game

Dillinger

The squad looks really strong and right now Batchy has different options on how to approach each game. Its difficult to pick my favored line up without leaving out a quality player, but these are the selections problems I'd rather have instead of the usual injury worries. Looking forward to tonights game and I hope the crowd and atmosphere will be similar to last weeks.

Also looking forward to a good drink after the game!!!! beer I like these Friday night games!!!

Originally Posted By: Canvey_Fan_2008
do you not think Lucky deserves a place?

I do believe he deserves a place, but would you be willing to drop Leon or Antoine for him?

Before we signed Antoine, I would've said Leon and Lucky for the starting places, but Antoine linked up well with both players as a target man, so either Leon or Lucky have to play off him.

I think its hard to judge if a player has improved by looking at one pre season game. Both keepers had very little to over the 90 mins.

Im all for giving Ricky a run of games but i just think Mel gives us abit more, i sense the defence are far more comfortable knowing they have a experinced keeper behind them.

You never know another keeper may come in yet if John feels we need to strengthen in that area?

Who was the Goalkeeper warming up before the Southend game? He looked the part, size-wise.

I'd definately start with Ricky tonight. I imagine he'll have a lot to do, so it'll be a good test for the coming season and we can see how he does.

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
Im all for giving Ricky a run of games but i just think Mel gives us abit more, i sense the defence are far more comfortable knowing they have a experinced keeper behind them.

That's what I mean. Ricky should be given a chance in these pre-season games, and if he proves himself then he deserves to start. Obviously if Mel is still wanting to play then it would be a bit harsh to drop him after his fantastic displays in the league games he played last season.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
I'd definately start with Ricky tonight. I imagine he'll have a lot to do, so it'll be a good test for the coming season and we can see how he does.

Yeah, this is probably going to be the biggest tester that we have so will be good to see how the players perform.

Looking at the Chelmsford forum, they seem to think that tonight could be our biggest crowd of the season before it has even begun!

Well I doubt it will be higher than last Friday but if it is, then great! The more money taken in, the better.

I just hope those that turn up just because it's Chelmsford and they want to see the former players will be back for the Braintree game on Monday, (another one I'm really looking forward to!)

I agree that ricky needs his chance. For a good defence, you need to know you've got a good, LOUD keeper behind you. One that doesn't shut up so you always know where he is. He also need to make it clear to his defenders when he's coming for the ball and when he's not. Then everyone know whether to leave the ball or put it in row Z.

ALL Keepers need confidence and the only way Ricky's going to get that it by playing.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!

and i think it's going to be another 0-0 like last week with lots of goalmouth action.

Originally Posted By: JAY
Like I said matt in my previous post I could be wrong but its a shame that some people just dont give a monkeys when your team loses games

All part and parcel of football. I seem to recall Hornchurch's attendances being cut in half when they entered the ESL - Although this was most likely down to lack of opposition fans, which to be fair is probably what made most of our Conference ones over the 700 mark.

Ultimately, whilst we were having a semi-successful season, we were lingering in the lower half of the table. "Fans" want to see success and the only short-term way of doing that was to buy better players - Something Jeff King was not going to do, while he already knew he'd be leaving and off to Chelmsford.

It would seem King's success as a businessman, opposed his success as a football club owner, due to that fact that many successful football clubs have multiple income revenue streams and there are a lot of other businessmen and companies around here that don't wish to associate with the King family, hence one man fronting the bill.

Only three home league games during that season had attendance figures below 500.

Twelve home league games had over 700, three of them were over 1000.

Saying that im pretty sure the attendance figures that where being published during our last season in the conference where not always a true reflection of the actual attendance!

Like I said matt in my previous post I could be wrong but its a shame that some people just dont give a monkeys when your team loses games

All part and parcel of football. I seem to recall Hornchurch's attendances being cut in half when they entered the ESL - Although this was most likely down to lack of opposition fans, which to be fair is probably what made most of our Conference ones over the 700 mark.

Ultimately, whilst we were having a semi-successful season, we were lingering in the lower half of the table. "Fans" want to see success and the only short-term way of doing that was to buy better players - Something Jeff King was not going to do, while he already knew he'd be leaving and off to Chelmsford.

It would seem King's success as a businessman, opposed his success as a football club owner, due to that fact that many successful football clubs have multiple income revenue streams and there are a lot of other businessmen and companies around here that don't wish to associate with the King family, hence one man fronting the bill.

yes Matt spot on our attendences did cut in half but as you say aswell the ESL had team with hardly many oppostion fans apart from Romford but at least we both have a good loyal fan base now after our troubles

Also with all of your promotions how would you rate Jeff King as a coach/Manager or would you lot say most of the work on the pitch was down to Pennyfather like for example tactics etc

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
You can't knock Jeff's achievements as a manager, but one thing we will never know is what he would be like without a large budget?

Prob true glen most managers I rate are most who have worked without a Budget Like our own Colin Mcbride with what he achieved with Thurrock and with us as well

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
You can't knock Jeff's achievements as a manager, but one thing we will never know is what he would be like without a large budget?

Prob true glen most managers I rate are most who have worked without a Budget Like our own Colin Mcbride with what he achieved with Thurrock and with us as well

giggle