Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fridays Game

Dillinger

Originally Posted By: The Gaffer from the Rock
Originally Posted By: CRFC BOSS
Ill be there mate, Fat bloke with a skinhead (ibiza stag do )

And Shane will be skinning your defence !

You're not wrong there!!!!!

HA HA

Originally Posted By: The Great Eckscape
Originally Posted By: CRFC BOSS
Jay = Gullable !

Jay = Gull wink

We're swapping him for Powelly!

You'd miss me too much!!! duck

I hope that performance puts an end to a few of you getting massively carried away with the Southend result.

Ricky was the only person who looked good for the entire nintey minutes. A couple of others played okay to good, but the rest were very average. The defence was in a coma for most of the game. I hope things are picked up in time for Monday.

The attendance was around the figure we should be averaging this season, but I can't see us getting much repeat business from tonight's result.

Originally Posted By: Linneycifc
Like a hole in the head!

frown

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
I hope that performance puts an end to a few of you getting massively carried away with the Southend result.

Ricky was the only person who looked good for the entire nintey minutes. A couple of others played okay to good, but the rest were very average. The defence was in a coma for most of the game. I hope things are picked up in time for Monday.

The attendance was around the figure we should be averaging this season, but I can't see us getting much repeat business from tonight's result.

Ribbit - You need to be realistic!

We played against a very good conference South side who will probably win that league next year.. Well they should with that side!

From what i hear they are paying out in the region of 10 - 12 k per week for the coming season, this is 5 times the amount we are..

Personally it will be interesting to see ourselfs against Braintree on Monday as they are playing in the same league as Chelmsford this season.. To be honest i will be suprised if we see the quality of tonight from Braintree..

It was a tough game for us tonight but we did give them a couple of poor goals away down to bad defending and not great goalkeeping..

Ribbit - I understand your support towards Ricky and by no means was tonight result all down to him. I just think we need an experienced keeper who commands his box..

As much as its pain me to say Chelmsford are a very good side and they should be favourites to win the conf south..

As always just my view!

Good to see Gab back tonight..

Roll on Monday

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: Ribbit

Typically your post sounds negative, I found tonight positive.

We played a very good side!!

You would be stupid if you believed Kingy would put out a side that could lose to us.

I hope we learned a bit tonight, we will not play many sides like this, they were clever and committed, they worked the ref (12th man) and they exposed our weaknesses, they made us play very deep and capitalised on the unforced errors that we made!!

There was a lot of positives (Ricky etc)but we were pressured sometimes when we could have been applying pressure, that will be useful to look at when we play the likes of Dartford. Sometimes we break to slowly, this invites the oppistion to come back at us and forces us to play deep.

Westy on the surface struggled tonight, although he is not going to come up against a Johnny Keeling in our league, at times he coped very well, I hope he uses tonights experience when we play the likes of Ricay, he looks like he is going to be class!

All in all, it was nice to see some of the old faces, Wardy, Minton, Keeling, Duffy. I suspect CIFC got more out of this fixture than Chelmsford!

Next season we will finish top half!!!

I agree with MOB. I took far more positives from the game than negatives considering the opposition.

Ricky was excellent last night, but I couldn't hear him. He oozed confidence when coming for crosses etc, but he needs to marshall his defence.

Crow was getting out done by Ricky Holmes more often than not, but there was always Wall or Patten to mop up, same with Westy. West's only problem last night was during the second half - He's very right footed so had to stop to get the cross off when playing on the left. Andy Duncan is a very good player and he managed to keep Curran and Lucky at bay for most of the game, even when Curran broke, Duncan was on his heels.

Halle had Minton in his pocket all night taking him out the game, Leon Gordon was skinning their left back as did Antoine for all the 20 minutes he played. We hit the woodwork at least three times and Danny Gay pulled off a couple of great saves.

Ribbit - I understand what you're saying about some players being just ok, but it looked to me as though most didn't step it up into top gear and for a friendly who can blame them considering some of them will probably be playing today as well - Save it for when it counts on August 16th.

Chelmsford with the squad they have should do very well in the Connie South and 4-1 was probably a fair reflection of the difference. I don't agree that Chelmo could've had nine or ten, but definately 7-4 might've been a reflection on the chances both teams had on target.

I'm looking forward to the Braintree game even more now because with no disrespect to them, I don't expect them to be on the same level as Chelmsford and as MOB said we won't be up against the likes of Holmes, Duncan, Brayley, Keeling and Wardy this season.

Disappointing attendance to be fair, and certainly won't be our highest evening game attendance this season! Hope we smash Hullbridge today as a reply to this.

All in all, as with Southend I think this friendly was more about generating money and trying players out. Braintree will be a fairer test as will East Thurrock and Corinthians.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC

Ricky was excellent last night, but I couldn't hear him. He oozed confidence when coming for crosses etc, but he needs to marshall his defence.

I've got to defend Ricky. I couldn't hear him in the second half, because we were at opposite ends, but he didn't stop shouting at his defence in the first half. He certainly knew what he wanted them to be doing.

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr

Typically your post sounds negative, I found tonight positive.

How losing 4-1 and performing very poorly is positive, I don't know.

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
You would be stupid if you believed Kingy would put out a side that could lose to us.

Why would anyone think that?

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
I agree with MOB. I took far more positives from the game than negatives considering the opposition.

Crow was getting out done by Ricky Holmes more often than not, but there was always Wall or Patten to mop up, same with Westy. West's only problem last night was during the second half - He's very right footed so had to stop to get the cross off when playing on the left. Andy Duncan is a very good player and he managed to keep Curran and Lucky at bay for most of the game, even when Curran broke, Duncan was on his heels.

Halle had Minton in his pocket all night taking him out the game, Leon Gordon was skinning their left back as did Antoine for all the 20 minutes he played. We hit the woodwork at least three times and Danny Gay pulled off a couple of great saves.

Ribbit - I understand what you're saying about some players being just ok, but it looked to me as though most didn't step it up into top gear and for a friendly who can blame them considering some of them will probably be playing today as well - Save it for when it counts on August 16th.

Chelmsford with the squad they have should do very well in the Connie South and 4-1 was probably a fair reflection of the difference. I don't agree that Chelmo could've had nine or ten, but definately 7-4 might've been a reflection on the chances both teams had on target.

I'm looking forward to the Braintree game even more now because with no disrespect to them, I don't expect them to be on the same level as Chelmsford and as MOB said we won't be up against the likes of Holmes, Duncan, Brayley, Keeling and Wardy this season.

Disappointing attendance to be fair, and certainly won't be our highest evening game attendance this season! Hope we smash Hullbridge today as a reply to this.

All in all, as with Southend I think this friendly was more about generating money and trying players out. Braintree will be a fairer test as will East Thurrock and Corinthians.

I totally agree matt I thought chelmsford played well last night and with the squad they have should do well in the con south and I think 4-1 was the fair result and thought canveys defence were poor and that Ricky holmes played alright

and as for annie your going to get a bundle later on lol