Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fridays Game

Dillinger

Ricky played well last night in my opinion, let's hope that he can keep improving during these pre season games and hit top form by the first league game.

Would have loved to have gotten a result, but by half time that was obviously not going to happen! However, we played much better in the second half, and I felt it was a positive run out.

I want Canvey to win every game I watch them in, but we have to realise that in pre-season the result is secondary. As long as Batchy and the players can learn things from the game then it was a worthwhile exercise.

Obviously Chelmsford are a better side than us but i think we were showing them too much respect. "nd half i thought we improved, Started really threatening the Chelmsford goal but the first half was what let us down.

Still, its only pre season.

Well done Ricky, Great performance!

Ricky had a great game imo, was a shame to see Leon go off after such a short amount of time - but if it means he keeps his fitness for the league then so be it!

Referee was poor for the whole 90, not just against us, I think our penalty was a bit soft!

Thought I'd add my thoughts on the game. I have to admit to have been a bit anti Canvey in the past but since Big Jeff left I have great respect for the way you've held it all together and emerged stronger as a club.

You seem to have some handy players at Park Lane, including Ricky Wiseman who pulled-off some great saves and is one of the best young 'keepers in the County. I think Colin Wall is a weak link in your defence but maybe last night was a one-off.

I think Canvey will finish in the top half next season based on what I saw last year and may even surprise a few people with a play-off place. Best of luck and I hope you turn Billericay over!

Up the City,

Chris.

Cheers Chris mate. We won't struggle next season.

Last season i was very unsure about Wiseman but the last couple of games are giving me a bit more trust in him which is good.

Colin Wall is good at times but can be very clumbsey. His height is always very handy.

It was good to see some old faces back down the lane. Little Johnny Keeling is still a quality player imo.

Best of luck next season.

I think Chelmsford were just that bit fitter and sharper than us. Then again they have played more pre season matches than us so far.

Agree Ricky was excellent. That first half save he made from Holmes was quality.

I don't think we played that badly. We showed them a bit too much respect in the first half but improved in the second half.

With a bit more luck, the scoreline could have been closer.

Originally Posted By: Chris Evans CCFC
I was quite impressed with the brave double-block Wiseman made in the second half when our chaps ran through on goal.

Another thing, good Programme! A few interesting bits to read in there.

Up the City,

Chris.

Keep the nice comments coming Chris wink

Good luck next season.

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
I bet he would've shown more cards if it was a competitive game too!

Shocking challenge by Moore on Blewer. A definite yellow if it had been a competitive game.

afro.gif

Thought you looked very pedestrian first half , your keeper was excellent throughout and the lad who went off first half will trouble some Ryman defences , Dobbo & Halle look to have lost a yard and neither was lightening to start with , some excellent passing by the clarets but a disappointing turnout support wise , good luck next season.

Unable to get to the game but I understand Chelmsford had five across the middle and in the first half that out numbered our mid-field to the extent that the defence was under almost permanent pressure?

We changed to match the mid-field numbers at half time and I am led to believe we managed to get more of the game.

Originally Posted By: pabird
Unable to get to the game but I understand Chelmsford had five across the middle and in the first half that out numbered our mid-field to the extent that the defence was under almost permanent pressure?
We changed to match the mid-field numbers at half time and I am led to believe we managed to get more of the game.

canveys defense was poor that game tbh however in saying that chelmsford will be a very good side this season and just lost 1 nil last night to a strong colchester side

Guest MOB Snr

I think we showed them to much respect, we were too deep and invited them on. When we broke we did so without pace or determination. They on the other hand loooked determined and used their speed and experience well.

I just felt if we squeezed them a bit more on the edge of their box, their midfield would not have been able to get so far foirward to pressure us. I suspect we may have got more out of the game, however they were a good side, on that performance they will be looking forward to passing through their league.

It was well worth the money and I hope we learned from it!