Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 18 )

• Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

• Photo
    ChorleyClaret

• Photo
    Roger Kint

• Photo
    skunkster

• Photo
    bomaya

• Photo
    Outback

• Photo
    I know the off side rule

Photo

THANKS GORDON............................

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
25 replies to this topic

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
so law and order is not as important as transport
taxation is not as important as transport
i know they are two things i am concerned about under labour more than poxy transport!

offline pabird

pabird
  • First XI - Permanent
1 Going to war? the Tory party voted for war on thr grounds of the straight Labour Government lie reference 48 hours WMDs etc and the corrupt nature of this particular Labour gang is seen when not a single resignation was offered up when the lie became apparent

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke

It's becoming clear that when a major change happens (e.g. 1979 + 1997) the govt starts well, with new ideas, energy and ideals, then starts to think about re-election and start to water down their policies for the majority.

Wrong! In '79, the Torries took over a country that was in crisis. It took a while but they turned things around. thatcher lost the plot when Willie Whitelaw retired. He kept her in check. In '97, Labour took over a strong economy and have bolloxed things up. The main reason the Torries got voted out was sleaze. Personally, I don't give a s4it who shags who in Parliament, just as long as they are governing the country properly.

offline Greg_Dyke

Greg_Dyke
  • Youth Team Coach
Originally Posted By: Urchin Mentalist
so law and order is not as important as transport
taxation is not as important as transport
i know they are two things i am concerned about under labour more than poxy transport!

All depends on the indivdual, but for most people their perception of Law and Order is more important than transport.

GD

offline Greg_Dyke

Greg_Dyke
  • Youth Team Coach
Originally Posted By: pabird
1 Going to war? the Tory party voted for war on thr grounds of the straight Labour Government lie reference 48 hours WMDs etc and the corrupt nature of this particular Labour gang is seen when not a single resignation was offered up when the lie became apparent

The Conservative Party would have gone to war, just as the Labour Govt. did as allies to the US of A.

I cannot see how any sane person would form a different opinion.

offline Greg_Dyke

Greg_Dyke
  • Youth Team Coach
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy

Wrong! In '79, the Torries took over a country that was in crisis. It took a while but they turned things around. thatcher lost the plot when Willie Whitelaw retired. He kept her in check. In '97, Labour took over a strong economy and have bolloxed things up. The main reason the Torries got voted out was sleaze. Personally, I don't give a s4it who shags who in Parliament, just as long as they are governing the country properly.

Labout took over at a time when the major economies were strong, but also at a time when "the silver had been sold off" and keystones like the NHS, Railways and Education had suffered years of underfunding.

The Tories were voted out as they had nothing else to offer, after they sold their privitisation agenda, to appeal to the greedy selfish nature of us humans...rather than trying to benefit society as a whole (there is no such thing as society!-MT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus