Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 19-October 17 )

• Photo
    Ian_D

• Photo
    Rings

• Photo
    boyblunder

• Photo
    daredevil8k

• Photo
    Rebel_Del

• Photo
    nick.ince

Photo

Chatting with ETFC?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
regular view basic view
136 replies to this topic

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Is it true or does anyone know whether the report in the Non-League paper is true and that the two sides of Enfield (1893 +ETFC) are chatting with regards to a possible merge?

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
  • National Squad - 1st XI
If it's in the papers, then surely it must be true! No doubt the shareholders of ETFC will be told something one day.

offline J B Skinner

J B Skinner
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Enfield (1893) FC Arsenal FC
  • Foes: The Donkey Lane $h!th0use mob
  • Fav. Player(s): Steve King , Tierrey Henry, Pat Rice , Tony Adams, Gary Abbott
Your Right A meeting has been held .

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Recently?

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: J B Skinner
Your Right A meeting has been held .

Is it a secret? or nothing worth mentioning for now?

offline Gazza

Gazza
Secret? obviously not!

offline J B Skinner

J B Skinner
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Enfield (1893) FC Arsenal FC
  • Foes: The Donkey Lane $h!th0use mob
  • Fav. Player(s): Steve King , Tierrey Henry, Pat Rice , Tony Adams, Gary Abbott
Gazza yes it was fairly recently .

E U Your supposed to be a members owned club , why dont you ask the elected members of your board . After all its what you elected them for .

offline Gazza

Gazza
Thanks JB, just hope it was positive, heres to hopeing we hear more & soon.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: J B Skinner
Gazza yes it was fairly recently .

E U Your supposed to be a members owned club , why dont you ask the elected members of your board . After all its what you elected them for .

You are right and I will ask them, whenever I do they happily fill me in, however being the summer and pre season preperations I wont be seeing them for another couple of weeks when the league season starts.

HOWEVER!!!! I was hoping somebody from your section may be kind enough to share some knowledge, if there is any?

I hope there has been a meeting and it was a positive one with the future prosperity and ambitions that both sections obviously have a common ground with and that Football in Enfield is all that matters.

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Looks like a No then.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Be quite honest I've been to 4 games spoken to nearly the whole board in that time and forgot to ask, I will at the next game I go to. But the Enfields should merge in my opinion we are all after one and the same thing and thats our own home/stadium in the borough of Enfield,

offline Enfield_Massive432

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
which team do u support? E1893 or ETFC?

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Its Ram who wrote in the Gazette last week, very much E T.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
I can confirm ETFC, but I follow your results in good spirit and wish you well as your intentions are of honest endevour, but so are the Towns.

offline Gazza

Gazza
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
I can confirm ETFC, but I follow your results in good spirit and wish you well as your intentions are of honest endevour.......

Well said & you are not alone I myself & I reckon over 50% of Towners are the same.

I would also like to see us merge, have done since you were free of Lazarou.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
Originally Posted By: Gazza
I can confirm ETFC, but I follow your results in good spirit and wish you well as your intentions are of honest endevour.......

Well said & you are not alone I myself & I reckon over 50% of Towners are the same.

so why the rapturous celebrations at canvey last season then when concord won at Barkingside the same day ? Hardly encourages good will does it .

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: BladeRunner

so why the rapturous celebrations at canvey last season then when concord won at Barkingside the same day ? Hardly encourages good will does it .

If that was the case then they certainly do not represent me or the handful of guys I regularly exchange views with.

But for it or against it, we all know that a merger would create a bigger and better club to be more powerful in getting its Stadium the way we all want (not with a track or to sell ourselves cheaply to accommodate others too). And by being bigger by merging we'd leave behind the ESL's and Ryman leagues behind us and also get us away from the lower local clubs such as Cheshunt and W Abbey who lets face it are laughing at our differences cos they know if the 'Enfields' got it together we'd make them look like a cak set up compared what a United Enfield could offer, just a thought.

offline Gazza

Gazza
Originally Posted By: BladeRunner

Hi Blade, I can only assume they were a minority, and they are free to have their views, but the majority I believe would like to se a united team.

offline Soppy_Lemon

Soppy_Lemon
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

I would like to see the Townies merge with my team Brimmo and form Brimsdown United.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
Respect to you Gazza I know your a good bloke but how many times have I read absolute crap stuck on here by your fellow townies . Lovely stuff , Steph ,Softie,sponsor of Beer ,Mr Happy, Old Towner ,Southport Towner etc etc They know who they are. Even prominent respected lady at your club once said she would walk away with many of her other towners rather than support a united club . Many other things have also happened such as the attitude of a certain newspaper, there is more but I'll bite my tongue for now . I just dont see it happening .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus