Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 15-December 17 )

• Photo
    bronzed_aussie

• Photo
    canvey_92

• Photo
    NowhereMan

• Photo
    SteveC

Photo

Chatting with ETFC?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
regular view basic view
136 replies to this topic

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I have always supported the idea of one club..I have only criticised those in the past that have hindered or blocked that possibility.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
I have also said that I would support a united club. To be honest I would even be open to the club being run as a business rather than as a supporters owned club as long as the running was built upon honesty, openess and a sound financial footing.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Is a club part of a business or a business part of a club?

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
It's far more simpler than all the complexities you guys are making, and I mean that in a polite tone.

Firstly your always gonna get the ones who are against an idea, does'nt matter how good it is. The ones against it will be mouthy and vociferous.

Therefore if something like a United club should happen then minds have to rule the heart and that means if the benefits of our objectives out weigh the negatives then a plan needs to be put forward for it to come real.

An example is that when 90%+ plus of voting EFC fans decided to set up ETFC then (sadly) there was a 10% objection.

If a merger does happen then I would think a vote from both sets of supporters would be neccessary to approve such a thing, I can guarantee that not 100% will support it, but I bet the vast majority do.

We need the past to be left to the past and start writing up a new chapter in football for the borough of Enfield where we can screw the council over and get our footy only stadium for an Enfield non-league team.

Like i've said previously clubs locally like Cheshunt, Abbey, Forest etc would dream of having the Enfield history and our potential joint support and probably are laughing that we can't get together and form a more senior set up.

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Well I would support a United Club and a United Team.
BUT, it will not work as a Supporters Club.

Whilst every effort has been made by Town and Others, the concept of Supporters running and paying for the Club to survive is just a non starter - or at least a non "long term" solution.

Will those elected Members at Town stand down to a Chairman with cash ?

Answers on the back of a fiver !!

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
We dont want a chairman with cash, we want a supporters run club that has an income stream both from footy and outside footy, i.e bars and banqueting, five a sides etc and our club to budget on its strength of income, if an individuel want to give cash then he is free to do so as a donation, but we are not gonna be answerable to a dominating one individuel ever again. I hope.

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: OldTowner
......BUT, it will not work as a Supporters Club.

Exactly OT, spot on.

Its ok if we are happy going up & down between the Ryman Premier & Div 1 but thats as far as we would get, & if we accept a pitch inside a running track at the QE Stadium then it seems thats as far as we want to progress.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: OldTowner
......BUT, it will not work as a Supporters Club.

Exactly OT, spot on.

Its ok if we are happy going up & down between the Ryman Premier & Div 1 but thats as far as we would get, & if we accept a pitch inside a running track at the QE Stadium then it seems thats as far as we want to progress.

Guys, nobody wants a pitch inside a running track.

But we can be a League team as a supporters trust/club, no doubt about that, we just need the right people with the right expertise in the right positions and you know what? a supporters club would decide that not one individuel.

A merge would increase the chances and 1893 members on the board as well would increase the expertise on hand.

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
A merge would increase the chances and 1893 members on the board as well would increase the expertise on hand.

Agree 100% EU

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Okay all Enfield 1893 and Town supporters.

Read the latest Statement on the Town web-site regarding a UNITED CLUB.

In my opinion, it could not be made clearer.

Let's get ONE CLUB, ONE GROUND ( do not wnt a running track ) ONE TEAM and ONE set of Supporters.

Over to you Mr E 1893 Chairman for a response.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
He will not respond until the QE situation is resolved..1893 are still hoping to share the facility with other sports ,leaving ETFC excluded.Only if ETFC get use of the site,will the 1893 board consider the offer.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
To be honest, he is totally right not to respond, not on this site anyway and not with us.

If he is gonna respond it will be over a table, good meal and a bottle of wine with Paul and senior board members to start with.

I can totally understand the pride Steve and his people have, but I hope he can see through that to be the one that joins the ETFC family, who will, I'm sure accept him as an equal from minute 1 should it happen.

I would even propose a new Supporters trust name, calling ourselves Enfield United with past history being that of EFC, ETFC and 1893 all combined.

Should 1893 then agree QE or no QE then thats a good reason for a good party if their ever was one.

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Thanks to everybody who came to tonights meeting with our Board members Steve Whittington & Peter Ticehurst . The question was asked by Steve to our members about an amalgamation with Enfield Town FC. Only ONE PERSON in the room put his hand up in favour of an amalgamation with E T . Everybody else was firmly against any such move .

Regards Tony Waters Supporters Committee .

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
I for one respect your decision and wish you all well in the future.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: TopGun
Thanks to everybody who came to tonights meeting with our Board members Steve Whittington & Peter Ticehurst . The question was asked by Steve to our members about an amalgamation with Enfield Town FC. Only ONE PERSON in the room put his hand up in favour of an amalgamation with E T . Everybody else was firmly against any such move .

Thats a shame, in my view. As Andy said, I respect your views and wish you the best for the future. I will also refrain from bringing up the topic again, unless ofcourse there is a change of heart from the 1893 end.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
So, Bladerunner's "Dog in a manger" attitude prevails. Therefore ETFC are rivals of EFC(number is immaterial). I for one consider that the Olive Branch has been offered on a number of occasions and been refused. Therefore the Ware nomads can rot in the lower reaches of the football pyramid (Similar to Clapton I suppose) whilst ETFC go from strength to strength.

There is nothing that a digitally inspired club can offer which means that a merger is off. And due to BladeRunner's and his ilk intransigence it always has been.

The heart of EFC is with ETFC. The character of the Lazarou club is with the digitally inspired lot down the road and they are going nowhere.

As for those dreaming that some knight in shining armour is going to take either club somewhere. Dream on. ETFC is a supporter's funded club and plays and is paid for by the supporters. We are not any rich man's plaything.

Kevin has gone a bit quiet. Who are the cliqueys now MFM?

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
A big shame. Here was an opportunity to bring non league football back to where it should be in our Borough.

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: TopGun

Well, that's it then ( for the time being anyway ).
What a shame.
A mistake, in my opinion - as this would have been a great opportunity to "start again", hopefully in a new ground, in the Borough, with the support of the Council ( now theres a change ! ) and the joint support of the majority of people in Enfield.

I wish 1893 all the best, but they must recall the long term problems of being nomads from the EFC days - it does not work - just look at the 1893 crowds this season and they are near the top of the ESL.

Anyway - Good Luck 1893.

I think you have made a wrong decision on your long term future.

----------------------

Just out of interest, how many 1893 supporters actually voted on Tuesday in relation or % to the full 1893 Membership ?

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I'm afraid too many poeple are enjoying their little slice of self imagined power and importance at the exclusive private members club they have created at 1893,to be at all concerned about coming back to the borough or returning to the glory days of the old Enfield football club at Southbury road.etc.They are so far removed from that ideal,that other priorities are now far more important.I remember MFM talking before about people being cliquey and bitter..He should start looking closer to home for that sort of attitude.

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
[quote=OldTowner)

Well, that's it then ( for the time being anyway ).
What a shame.
A mistake, in my opinion - as this would have been a great opportunity to "start again", hopefully in a new ground, in the Borough, with the support of the Council ( now theres a change ! ) and the joint support of the majority of people in Enfield.

I wish 1893 all the best, but they must recall the long term problems of being nomads from the EFC days - it does not work - just look at the 1893 crowds this season and they are near the top of the ESL.

Anyway - Good Luck 1893.

I think you have made a wrong decision on your long term future.

----------------------

Just out of interest, how many 1893 supporters actually voted on Tuesday in relation or % to the full 1893 Membership ? [/quote]

Top Gun - can you answer please.
Just seems slightly strange having a meeting at 6.30 in Ware when the Team are playing at 7.45 in Hullbridge.

Not my business really, but just interested as the outcome has / will affect ETFC.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus