Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 15-December 17 )

• Photo
    bronzed_aussie

• Photo
    canvey_92

• Photo
    NowhereMan

• Photo
    SteveC

Photo

Chatting with ETFC?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
regular view basic view
136 replies to this topic

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
YER YER, OK DON'T SHOUT.
I see the game was at Ware and NOT Hullbridge.
Sorry.

However, there were only 74 there for the game, so how many attended the 6.30 meeting ?

offline EFCMICK

EFCMICK
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Originally Posted By: OldTowner

Top Gun - can you answer please.
Just seems slightly strange having a meeting at 6.30 in Ware when the Team are playing at 7.45 in Hullbridge.

Not my business really, but just interested as the outcome has / will affect ETFC.

Cheers.
I'll answer for you, doah we was playing at wodson park last night .

offline EFCMICK

EFCMICK
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
However, there were only 74 there for the game, so how many attended the 6.30 meeting ?

I wasn't there myself but if I had been I would have voted No . If that was the crowd then I would say 50ish .

offline Duke of York

Duke of York
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: Steve Whittington (In the Enfield Gazette 2nd October 2008)

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Since when has Steve gone along with what EFC supporters decide to do in a democratic vote?? He ignored them 8 years ago,when he went against their wishes,and took over Lazarous debts .Thus causing the split of the fanbase.

offline townerboy

townerboy
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town
what a shame. and a mistake

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: EFCMICK

I wasn't there myself but if I had been I would have voted No . If that was the crowd then I would say 50ish .

So is 50ish ( undefined numbers or persons ) the total representaion of 1893 on this matter ?

Poor turn out for such an important discussion don't you think ?

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
We shouldn't cut of our nose to spite our face. If 1893 want to rent Brimmo why not?

I think that the Brimsdown/ETFC trust would be pretty decent landlords and the rent would come in handy.

offline ENFIELD GRIFFIN

ENFIELD GRIFFIN
  • Reserves
Steph dont you think we want an end to it sometime , Did you not see our proposal when our committee went to the meeting at St Ignatius ? We suggested A groundshare of the Q E with Enfield Town and the athletics people and even the Rugby club to a point . We were (Maybe still are ) hoping to build a clubhouse and a stand on the far side all of which would have been there for everybodys use NOT JUST OURS ! Dont you think a groundshare for a couple of seasons just to see how the land lies could have been a reasonable idea ? Dont forget we are in different leagues it may take a couple of seasons to be in the same division again maybe more . Dont you think we would rather spend money in making a contribution towards a stadium for us all ? rather than pay groundrent elsewhere . I dont think a groundshare is a bad idea it may bring down some of the barriers that exist . Its a sad fact there are many wounds to heal but unless we can come to some sort of arrangment then this could go on for many years more . Thats my suggestion no doubt you will knock it back someway.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Why should the council accept an offer from a club based 15 miles from the Town?

A club which has never played in Enfield except when playing away to ETFC.

Who have shown no commitment to the borough which bears part of their name.

The end was there for the taking. But instead of taking the Olive Branch which has been repeatedly offered you threw down the gauntlet. OK some of us have picked it up.

If we get the QE2 I will not object to you ground sharing at Brimsdown. You can dream of a ground share at the QE2 but it will not happen. I would object to you building any sort of club house on the ground at Brimmo as that takes away our revenue. As I said your rent will be pretty handy.

As far as I am concerned supporters of the two clubs have made their decisions over the past 7 years. Now they have to live with those decisions. As I suspect that you would rather stay at our rivals in Herford and pay them rather than rent a ground from us!

When I saw your proposals I saw an amateur presentation with no real meat in how it was to be funded, constituted or organised. It was a dream which would become a nightmare. I compared it to our presentation which was professional, properly funded and researched. Your proposals did not stand a prayer.

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: ENFIELD GRIFFIN
Steph dont you think we want an end to it sometime , Did you not see our proposal when our committee went to the meeting at St Ignatius ? We suggested A groundshare of the Q E with Enfield Town and the athletics people and even the Rugby club to a point . We were (Maybe still are ) hoping to build a clubhouse and a stand on the far side all of which would have been there for everybodys use NOT JUST OURS ! Dont you think a groundshare for a couple of seasons just to see how the land lies could have been a reasonable idea ? Dont forget we are in different leagues it may take a couple of seasons to be in the same division again maybe more . Dont you think we would rather spend money in making a contribution towards a stadium for us all ? rather than pay groundrent elsewhere . I dont think a groundshare is a bad idea it may bring down some of the barriers that exist . Its a sad fact there are many wounds to heal but unless we can come to some sort of arrangment then this could go on for many years more . Thats my suggestion no doubt you will knock it back someway.

Unfortunately, I can't see how a groundshare brings down the barriers of the FA/League rules on such matters. Three into one, football or otherwise, just doesn't go.

I am unclear whether this critical point is understood, and has been factored into the thinking.

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
You're such a pillock.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: ENFIELD GRIFFIN

To be honest I think you need a reality check on your wishes.

2 teams playing a 'similar' level sharing a ground with one team at present pulling in 250-300 supporters and the other 50-100.

OR one amalgamated team pulling in towards 500ish, sharing the same roots, being EFC, and working together for football in our borough of Enfield.

Nevertheless, I think Paul and our board should leave that olive branch out indefinately, however, I would object if we then progress up a couple of divisions and 1893 did'nt.

However, I wish 1893 all the best, again, but like the others, I think you've made a mistake in your decision making.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
E U Do you really think it would remain two clubs for ever ?

Steph. I wouldnt wish to stand anywhere near a nutter like you on matchdays
in any circumstances .

offline Greg_Dyke

Greg_Dyke
  • Youth Team Coach
Is there a third way ?

Form AFC Enfield for all the fans who don;t want to exacerbate the split between EFC1664 and ETFC ?

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: Steph
..... I compared it to our presentation which was professional, properly funded and researched. Your proposals did not stand a prayer.

All of which seem to have been ignored by the council, leaving us with nothing like our original presentation.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: BladeRunner
E U Do you really think it would remain two clubs for ever ?

Steph. I wouldnt wish to stand anywhere near a nutter like you on matchdays
in any circumstances .

Who knows what would happen?

But I think it'd get very messy, with loads of power struggling rivalry and undermining personally. If the two sides got together then it should be NOW!!!

If we get a promotion or two then I would find it hard to support a merger that invites your guys onto the supporters board, but if your guys come on board now at our current lowly levels then they could contribute in the development of the supporters club in the community accordingly.

offline enfieldiansr

enfieldiansr
  • Reserves
Hi to all

There will never be one Enfield club, whether it is AFc, ETFC, EFC etc., until we put away the knives, the slagging and hatchets. Reading all the posts from both sides I have felt that the animosity is what is holding everything back. It may not be said by either boards directly but the same feeling may be there laying under the surface.

One person used a four word post which is not helpful and just shows ignorance. Surely the aim is to work together in having one club that we all can be proud of. I have been following the name of Enfield now for 50 years and I cannot an will not place my allegiances to just one at the moment. I would love to attend games of both but medical conditions and finances preclude me from doing so.

Enfield has always been a proud club. Proud of its traditions and proud its standing within the football community. This is what we should be aiming for again and this must done as one club. I ask both sets of boards and supporters to look at themselves and to come to the right decisions. Put away the knives, hatchet jobs and slagging and give the people of Enfield a club which they will want to follow for ever.

feedback brille008 behead chat

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Not just well said, indeed, VERY well said totally agree with you.

Oh btw many happy returns, have a good day.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
i agree too. A united club is the way forward.

PS Who the f4ck is Rozzer???!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts