Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-August 17 )

• Photo
    teabar_ryan

• Photo
    dayo

• Photo
    blueryan

• Photo
    blueryan10

• Photo
    Brightside Bloke

• Photo
    misterbates

• Photo
    Blueboyday

• Photo
    margate blues

• Photo
    NI-Branch GCFC Fan

• Photo
    RyanDay0

• Photo
    Louca23

• Photo
    Billericay Town Unofficial

• Photo
    MK_Coach

Photo

Chatting with ETFC?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
regular view basic view
136 replies to this topic

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
I've said it before, a united Enfield and that comes from Enfield United and of course beutifully said Mr Enfieldiansr

offline Albury_Walker

Albury_Walker
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Originally Posted By: ENFIELD GRIFFIN
Steph dont you think we want an end to it sometime , Did you not see our proposal when our committee went to the meeting at St Ignatius ? We suggested A groundshare of the Q E with Enfield Town and the athletics people and even the Rugby club to a point . We were (Maybe still are ) hoping to build a clubhouse and a stand on the far side all of which would have been there for everybodys use NOT JUST OURS ! Dont you think a groundshare for a couple of seasons just to see how the land lies could have been a reasonable idea ? Dont forget we are in different leagues it may take a couple of seasons to be in the same division again maybe more . Dont you think we would rather spend money in making a contribution towards a stadium for us all ? rather than pay groundrent elsewhere . I dont think a groundshare is a bad idea it may bring down some of the barriers that exist . Its a sad fact there are many wounds to heal but unless we can come to some sort of arrangment then this could go on for many years more . Thats my suggestion no doubt you will knock it back someway.

To be honest I think you need a reality check on your wishes.

2 teams playing a 'similar' level sharing a ground with one team at present pulling in 250-300 supporters and the other 50-100.

OR one amalgamated team pulling in towards 500ish, sharing the same roots, being EFC, and working together for football in our borough of Enfield.

Nevertheless, I think Paul and our board should leave that olive branch out indefinately, however, I would object if we then progress up a couple of divisions and 1893 did'nt.

However, I wish 1893 all the best, again, but like the others, I think you've made a mistake in your decision making.
I wouldn't worry about that for a few more years yet grin

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Oooo get you.
Albury....the knowledgable one !!

Make a diary note to raise this again at the end of April 09 and see where we all finished.

Meanwhile - what has this thread ( 1893 / ETFC ) got to do with You ?

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
  • Supports: The E's
  • Foes: The Cliquey Clan
  • Fav. Player(s): Anyone who scores against the cliquey Townies
Originally Posted By: Steph

When I saw your proposals I saw an amateur presentation with no real meat in how it was to be funded, constituted or organised. It was a dream which would become a nightmare. I compared it to our presentation which was professional, properly funded and researched. Your proposals did not stand a prayer.
Steph my dear old chum of course youre cliquey clan proposal succeeded as it took 7 years of kissing local authority backsides until some of them bent over far enough eh mate , The news came as no shock to me what so ever . I find it rather odd that a club that didnt want a running track suddenly changed direction and all of a sudden wanted one and surprise surprise the cliquey clan were now a comunity club . I put it to you my dear old friend that the initial cliquey clan proposal is the one that was flawed. And dont even try to deny it I saw the glossy brochure, It was very painfully cliquey to say the least.

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
I've said it before, a united Enfield and that comes from Enfield United and of course beutifully said Mr Enfieldiansr
Nah wouldnt work , Its too cliquey over there.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Man From Mars
Originally Posted By: Steph

When I saw your proposals I saw an amateur presentation with no real meat in how it was to be funded, constituted or organised. It was a dream which would become a nightmare. I compared it to our presentation which was professional, properly funded and researched. Your proposals did not stand a prayer.
Steph my dear old chum of course youre cliquey clan proposal succeeded as it took 7 years of kissing local authority backsides until some of them bent over far enough eh mate , The news came as no shock to me what so ever . I find it rather odd that a club that didnt want a running track suddenly changed direction and all of a sudden wanted one and surprise surprise the cliquey clan were now a comunity club . I put it to you my dear old friend that the initial cliquey clan proposal is the one that was flawed. And dont even try to deny it I saw the glossy brochure, It was very painfully cliquey to say the least.

MFM-its these type of statements that you have made that have probably assisted us in achieving our goal. Your bang on we dont want a track and dont feel it is appropriate for a Footy Stadium, NOW, put your hand on your heart and say that you would love a track round a footy stadium ahead of one that does'nt, you would'nt of course cos no one would believe you. However, ETFC can now look forward to a home base and stadium, with some negotiations with regards to the layout of the track. Ofcourse we'd accept that, because we had to cos the council said so, that does not sound like us licking or kissing anything but seems like the council made a preferred choice for occupancies.

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
.......I find it rather odd that a club that didnt want a running track suddenly changed direction and all of a sudden wanted one and surprise surprise the cliquey clan were now a comunity club...........

...............Your bang on we dont want a track and dont feel it is appropriate for a Footy Stadium, NOW, put your hand on your heart and say that you would love a track round a footy stadium ahead of one that does'nt, you would'nt of course cos no one would believe you. However, ETFC can now look forward to a home base and stadium...........

Two very good points, very well made, I find myself agreeing with both, which makes this forum what it is, a place for debate, although frowned & indeed feared by some (usually by those with something to hide) I believe its also a place of information to which we may of not been made aware of.

offline Gazza

Gazza
"Gary McKinnon is Innocent O K ".

I will probaly regret this but please enlighten me MFM

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Left-wing computer Hacker of Military files and documents.Trying to avoid extradition to the US.

offline Gazza

Gazza
Oh right, thanks LS, I will try not to let it spoil my day!

Gary McKinnon Is Guilty

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Left-wing computer Hacker of Military files and documents.Trying to avoid extradition to the US.
Also hacker of Info about UFO's and Alien abductions doh

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
[
surprise surprise the cliquey clan were now a comunity club .

As far as I'm aware we've been a community club for ages.

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
[
surprise surprise the cliquey clan were now a comunity club .

As far as I'm aware we've been a community club for ages.
I should have said multi sports , but you know what I mean eh vizzy .

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
Originally Posted By: Gazza
"Gary McKinnon is Innocent O K ".

I will probaly regret this but please enlighten me MFM
The most awful disgraceful piece of injustice and violation of human rights ever , This man was merely trying to expose cover ups and get to the truth about certain matters But what happens old uncle sam dubya snaps his fingers and hey presto everybody over this side of the pond jumps, This innocent man will be in an orange boiler suit before Abu Hamza I shouldnt wonder .

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Is it true or does anyone know whether the report in the Non-League paper is true and that the two sides of Enfield (1893 +ETFC) are chatting with regards to a possible merge?

Lot of water has flowed under the bridge since this appeared on 19th July, however Richard Gillman has raised the issue again in the Local Papers suggesting that ETFC have not talked to 1893.

Clearly this is not the case and since the QE Stadium issues have been considered by the Council there have been many comments from ETFC about the benifits of a Merger NOW.

1893. There has been a vote noted on these pages and the vote was NOT to merge, BUT how many Members actually voted ? Was it a true reflection of the 1893 supporters ?

Is it not now time to get this matter sorted and "out in the open" once and forall.

The offer of a Merger has clearly been made.
Now is the time to Merge with a new ground in ENFIELD for 2010.
Forget past disagreements.
Unite together.

Form Enfield United NOW.
Get the new ground sorted NOW.
Join forces NOW.

Alternatively.........lets agree to close the subject FOREVER and both Clubs, with the blessing of the Other, go their own way NOW.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
As far as I'm aware All your Board have offered to date is ...... Get swallowed up up ETFC .Chairman Steve and one other(possibly peter) will join Townie board for 3 years .

After one year change the name to something else ,But no doubt it will go to a members vote in which case the name will probably still be Enfield Town And Goodbye Steve and Peter when the 3 years is up !!.

Paul Millington was advised to contact the club again when Townies attitude towards the running track changed ,Well it did and we're still waiting to hear from him ,We dont respond through local papers . DO IT PERSONALLY PLEASE PAUL.

There's still a nagging doubt over debts that your club may still have, spoken about by Abu Dhabi on a Townie thread recently , I take it you still have them . How do you plan to build a stadium without the five a side pitch income which seems to be a dead duck at present (permission refused as far as I'm aware)

I dont think anybody here wants to support Enfield Town no more than any of you lot would support us.

Why is it so important to merge with us ? Or do you need an excuse to drop a level because Q E isnt exactly up to scratch .

How do you expect us to merge when so much is unclear ?

If I have got any of this wrong then I apologise and I look forward to being corrected .

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Blade runner,
May be you have got it wrong.
May be I have.

The reason most Town supporters I have spoken to want to sort it out now is that there would still be a better chance of support and success if it were a UNITED ENFIELD ( Back to the old days, if you wish ).

If ( big word ) it is every going to happen - Now would seem to be the time.

I find it hard to believe that the Town Board have not made formal person to person approaches, but I accept your version.

Takes 2 to Tango !!

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
No one expects you to merge with Town unless you were totally happy with how it would happen,and all the points you raise would have to be clarified as well.But you can't exactly find any of that out,or negotiate acceptable terms, WITHOUT first talking to us about it.

Thats why your board should have gone to your fans for a vote,after they reached a satisfactory agreement regarding a possible merger (if they could of),NOT before even entering into tentative talks.

And if Steve and Peter proved competent,i'm sure the current town fans would happily keep re electing them.Its not as if many other people put themselves forward to fill Boardroom positions.Regarding the name change and (badge design..etc) in three years time.That could easily be agreed between the two clubs before any merger.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
I do think Bladerunner has made some good points. What about the debt from the debacle of a few years ago? In addition, what benefits will the two businessmen gain from merging and joining the new club's board. Our directors are volunteers but these two have a financial interest to consider. However, if the investing people are right then I would welcome someone coming in in more of a business capacity rather than just as a volunteer director.

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
I'd agree that there are some good points from Bladerunner, but this stands out:

'I dont think anybody here wants to support Enfield Town no more than any of you lot would support us'.

If that's truly the case then that's the end of the news, which would be unfortunate and smack of 'small picture' thinking.

What I don't quite understand, though, is that there is also a plea for contact from Paul M [which was actually taken on by Mike Rye with his UN Peacekeeper armband on].

Like Mr H, I think the points raised can be readily addressed; but we need to know if there a will on 1893's side?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus