Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-October 17 )

• Photo
    HelenC

• Photo
    chelseaboy

Photo

Chatting with ETFC?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
regular view basic view
136 replies to this topic

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
I think that there is a mixture of lack of trust, power struggle potential and pride barriers to be broken down. The board know who I am at the Town and I'm not shy in saying that should 1893 board members jump on ship at ETFC, abide by a supporters trust contituition and work hard to continue the work done at ETFC to date then they would get my vote for re-election, theres no doubt about that.

I do believe that there is scope to have a business man in place to develope the commercial side of the QE Stadium and this should be a paid role or a sub let venture.

Sounds like we are miles from any sought of merger but I would vote for one.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
There is also three other directors at this club , where do the other three fit in ?

I still dont get why you want us to merge with you ?

Or have your board taken on a financial bag of arseholes as regards the Q E ?

The offer from the offset from us was to share the stadium,and see how it goes for a season or two ,As far as I'm aware that offer still stands . And before Mr know it all sponsor of beer perks up ,Ilford and Waltham forest manage it why cant we ?

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: BladeRunner

1, I still dont get why you want us to merge with you ?

2, Ilford and Waltham forest manage it why cant we ?

1 - Not sure WE do - it just seems that IF there is ever a time - now would be right. However, the more I read, the more I believe it will never happen. So be it.

2 - I think Ilford "need" the dosh. ETFC don't "need" Club 18-93's.

I have reached the point of agreeing with other threads - talking may not have started according to Club 18-93, but whatever - it should now stop.

Good luck.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Originally Posted By: BladeRunner

1, I still dont get why you want us to merge with you ?

2, Ilford and Waltham forest manage it why cant we ?

1 - Not sure WE do - it just seems that IF there is ever a time - now would be right. However, the more I read, the more I believe it will never happen. So be it.

2 - I think Ilford "need" the dosh. ETFC don't "need" Club 18-93's.

I have reached the point of agreeing with other threads - talking may not have started according to Club 18-93, but whatever - it should now stop.

Good luck.

To answer BR- it's not that we NEED YOU guys to merge but it's a conclusion to the last 9-10 years of being treated like refugees coming to an end thats both for EFC,1893 and ETFC. We now have a home for a 'Enfield' Club and the offer I presume on offer is come and put your efforts, knowledge and expertise in together with a supporters trust constitution run organisation whose originality comes from the same phoetus as your own.

In a way we are twins one called 'lloyds' one called 'TSB' by merging the expertise is expanded to lloydstsb although that scenario can recently include HBoS but lets not confuse the matter.

As for business people, I've been in business 25years, self employed and regard myself as successful, I'm not on the board but would offer should I hear they need additional help or input, but they've done fine to date and I'm happy paying my

offline townerboy

townerboy
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town
if this chance to merge is not taken all concerned are going to look back in a few years time and see what a mistake has been made. we may not get another chance. i hope that there is going to be some good news on this soon, but i fear the worst. if people are worried about their place on the board, then for the first two years after the merge let all directors of both clubs keep their place, after which the new Enfield united members can vote.
these problems are not insurmountable (spelling), we need to stop making it hard for ourselves.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
if this chance to merge is not taken all concerned are going to look back in a few years time and see what a mistake has been made. we may not get another chance. i hope that there is going to be some good news on this soon, but i fear the worst. if people are worried about their place on the board, then for the first two years after the merge let all directors of both clubs keep their place, after which the new Enfield united members can vote.
these problems are not insurmountable (spelling), we need to stop making it hard for ourselves.

Agree totally.

offline enfieldiansr

enfieldiansr
  • Reserves
Hi all

I think it is about time for another post from me. I can see with the current posts that the slagging, knife and hatchet are still prevalent. Ladies and gentlemen for pity's sake stop this. Take at look at yourselves and ask this one vital question, "Do we want to be a powerhouse again in Non League Football?"

I have a proposal which both clubs should ponder. That is both clubs arbitrate over the merger. An agenda made up of the following:-

1. The name of the club should be AFC Enfield.
2. The Club should be registered as a private limited club thereby not having to deal with the Stock Exchange.
3. The board to be made up from both existing clubs with Chairman and Vice Chairman coming from the existing clubs running on a three or five year alternating basis.
4. The Financial Director being the one whose expertise is best placed to ensure the club runs successfully.
5. The Commercial Director to come from either club and again the one who has the experience and contacts to attract local businesses in terms of sponsorship and financial acumen. Here do not forget that the commercial possibilities are endless even these recessive times. This post could be full or part time salaried dependent on how finances are.
6. That a suitable company secretary be appointed preferably this time from outside.
7. Three other directors to come from both clubs. Should there be more than three canidates, each participant to prepare a resume for inclusion in a matchday programme which the supporters can vote on.
8. A representative from the supporters of both clubs to be allowed to sit on the board as ordinary board members. They may air their views and be allowed to put forward and vote on proposals which are put forward at board meetings.
9. The supporters clubs merge using the same criteria as above with the exception that they consist of Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Social/Travel Officer, three other posts plus the two on the board who report back.

What I have said above can be tinkered with but this needs to go forward and be openly discussed without any animosity. Ladies and Gentlemen the ball is now within your half of the park.

Finally here is my original post which like the above comes from the heart.

"There will never be one Enfield club, whether it is AFc, ETFC, EFC etc., until we put away the knives, the slagging and hatchets. Reading all the posts from both sides I have felt that the animosity is what is holding everything back. It may not be said by either boards directly but the same feeling may be there laying under the surface.

One person used a four word post which is not helpful and just shows ignorance. Surely the aim is to work together in having one club that we all can be proud of. I have been following the name of Enfield now for 50 years and I cannot an will not place my allegiances to just one at the moment. I would love to attend games of both but medical conditions and finances preclude me from doing so.

Enfield has always been a proud club. Proud of its traditions and proud its standing within the football community. This is what we should be aiming for again and this must done as one club. I ask both sets of boards and supporters to look at themselves and to come to the right decisions. Put away the knives, hatchet jobs and slagging and give the people of Enfield a club which they will want to follow for ever."

I know supporters post here but I am also going to post this to the Not The ETFC discussion group. Also, I realise that this post will probably pulled apart and possibly pilloried but it had to be said.

feedback behead chat

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
My resonse is on the Town pages.

However, I look forward to reading the 1893 "positve comments" to this thread with interest.

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
  • Supports: The E's
  • Foes: The Cliquey Clan
  • Fav. Player(s): Anyone who scores against the cliquey Townies

However, I look forward to reading the 1893 "positve comments" to this thread with interest.
countingsheep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Man From Mars

countingsheep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks.
Exactly the response I expected.
Oh so predictable. excited

Good luck Club 18-93. drinkies

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
How about you just run along now sonny , Its not going to happen . Now please leave us alone ONCE AND FOR ALL !!

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
So, just put it in writing to the local press and we can all move on.

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
For f###s sake whats wrong with you people . How many more times do we have to say no !

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Son of Sam
For f###s sake whats wrong with you people . How many more times do we have to say no !

Just once more.......go on. PLEASE. evil

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
So, just put it in writing to the local press.......

Why would they do that?

You want the equivilent of an advert in a local paper stating they dont want to merge? doh doah

I agree with others, lets now let this lye, at this present time & I imagine the near future its not wanted by all concerned at both clubs, so it wont happen, long term who know's but I think its been discussed enough.

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Gazza

Why would they do that?

You want the equivilent of an advert in a local paper stating they dont want to merge? doh doah

I agree with others, lets now let this lye, at this present time & I imagine the near future its not wanted by all concerned at both clubs, so it wont happen, long term who know's but I think its been discussed enough.

Here, bloody Hear !! excited excited excited
Nuf said. erschiess

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach

So why don't your messrs Gillman & Pigg's letters to the Gazette say 'no', then?

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
confused2 giggle

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr

So why don't your messrs Gillman & Pigg's letters to the Gazette say 'no', then?
The recent vote at the Hullbridge game said no . It was repeated by our chairman in the Gazette .Richard meant If Mr Millington wishes to speak to any board member then he may do so through the correct channels(phone or E Mail) Not through biased local tabloids.

Also there is no Mr Pigg at this club .

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Originally Posted By: Gazza

Why would they do that?

Well put Gazza

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus