Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-October 17 )

• Photo
    HelenC

• Photo
    chelseaboy

Photo

Chatting with ETFC?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
regular view basic view
136 replies to this topic

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Straws - grabbing at !

True or false.
Enfield Football Club no longer exits.

Extremely sad, but unfortunately, it is a fact. giveup

offline Eric's here Again

Eric's here Again
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Scunthorpe United , Aston Villa, West Ham.
  • Foes: Lincoln City Gimps, Donny Rovers ,Upthemselves FC. Grimmo Town, Dull city.
  • Fav. Player(s): Gary Hooper, Billy Sharpe ,Ray Clemmence, Kevin Keegan , Kevin Kilmore , Mike Brolly
  • Fav. Sport(s): Rugby , Boxing , Athletics.
Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Originally Posted By: AbbeyMan
Er - Club 18-93 have not got any history !
( or very little of no interest, anyway )

I thought we had all agreed this is a dead thread - just as any suggested merger is - DEAD.

Club 18-93 get on with life in the ESL.
Town get on with life in the Ryman North.

Sorted.
... since 1893 !

No Wabby Man - GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT.

Club 18-93 in name only not in history.

Club 18-93 have about a year of history ( although they use the Enfield Name )and are a Ware, Hertfordshire, based Club.

Enfield Town FC have approx seven and a half years history and are based in ENFIELD.

Enfield FC were based in Enfield for "most" of their history and HAD approx 114 years history to reflect upon, before the Club was disbanded.

Neither Club 18-93 NOR Enfield Town F.C. can claim to have the history that was the Great non league Club, Enfield Football Club.R.I.P.

That is history Wabby Man.
So Middlesboro, Newport County ,Telford ,Airdrie ,Bradford park ave ,Halifax etc etc etc have to write off their previous histories then ,Just because some of you at upthemselves think the old Enfield club is dead then they're history has to go as well then ,Just to make you lot look good no doubt, And You'll probabley say its o k for Middlesboro, Newport Co ,Halifax ,Telford ,Bradford Park Ave , Airdrie etc etc etc to keep theirs as long as Enfield 1893Fc don't ...... Thin Ice argument springs to mind I recks. snow

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
Also funny how they seem to try to use this history in their own programmes on occasions!

Eric's here Again
  • Reserves
  • Foes: Lincoln City Gimps, Donny Rovers ,Upthemselves FC. Grimmo Town, Dull city.
  • Fav. Player(s): Gary Hooper, Billy Sharpe ,Ray Clemmence, Kevin Keegan , Kevin Kilmore , Mike Brolly
Straws - grabbing at !

True or false.
Enfield Football Club no longer exits.

Extremely sad, but unfortunately, it is a fact. giveup
How about you answering the question then . What do Upthemselves want with Enfield 1893Fc if you think the club is dead ?
I think its a fair question I have read this debate for several weeks . Just interested .....

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Eric,
IF you had read anything on here for several weeks or several minutes, you would have noticed that the "general thread" was reagrding 1893 and Town being UNITED as ONE CLUB in the best interest of FOOTBALL IN THE BOROUGH OF ENFIELD.

Two "Enfield Teams" / Clubs in Enfield will never work.

One Club, One Team, One ground, One band of Supporters, etc would in my view have been the way forward ( or back to the old days ), whichever.

However, I believe we all agree, following voting at 1893 that this is not about to happen. Indeed, it may never happen. Who knows what the future holds.

I believe this is a great shame.
As a supporter of EFC for more years than I care to remember it is very sad that the former Club has been disbanded.

I chose to support Town as the Enfield based Club.

I cannot understand how 1893 can claim the history of the OLD EFC Club. 1893 is NOT the former EFC.

I think the thread has run it's coarse. Best wishes.

Eric's here Again
  • Reserves
Its surely their business to retain the history of the late great EFC if they want to . "IT" certainly isn't yours is it? You moved on and left it behind at some point, If you did merge the clubs then the history would no doubt be retained with the blessing of hypocrites like you then , The clubs I mentioned above have started again with their previous histories remembered and intact ,so why cant EFC1893 ?

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
Maybe we are the same club and claim the history because we are still the same people who stuck with the club after the split and through all these troubled years up to the time when it was practically impossible to carry on? And look its exactly the same people with the 1893 added on! So according to you we lost EFC then decided to all support a brand new random team with nothing to do with anything? You complete loser

offline BigHorn1

BigHorn1
  • Trainee
Go ff give to em. Its appears that there is a tour of the QE11 on saturday 15th november at 10am for all the society members of ETFC. Somebody from the council is going to show them round. According to there forum only paid up members will be allowed in. I wonder how many paid up members they have? I let you all know cause i going to blow my big horn at them on sat, may be EH will come & blow up a few floodlights & any members that turn up.
Enfield Fc the only team that deserves a new ground in Enfield, cause it lost it in 1999, not as was stated at the council meeting by your ex chairman that ETFC lost it, funny that i thought ETFC was not formed until 2001.

offline Enfield Til It Died

Enfield Til It Died
  • Spectator
If you read the post again, I think you'll find Eric was actually saying that 1893 had the rights to the history. Just the same as the other clubs mentioned took on the history of their predecessors.

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: BigHorn1
.....I let you all know cause i going to blow my big horn at them on sat, may be EH will come & blow up a few floodlights & any members that turn up.....

doah Yeah that will really help wont it, behave you numpty!

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: BigHorn1
Go ff give to em. Its appears that there is a tour of the QE11 on saturday 15th november at 10am for all the society members of ETFC. Somebody from the council is going to show them round. According to there forum only paid up members will be allowed in. I wonder how many paid up members they have? I let you all know cause i going to blow my big horn at them on sat, may be EH will come & blow up a few floodlights & any members that turn up.
Enfield Fc the only team that deserves a new ground in Enfield, cause it lost it in 1999, not as was stated at the council meeting by your ex chairman that ETFC lost it, funny that i thought ETFC was not formed until 2001.

Each club has its strengths and weakness's, but comments like yours leads me to believe and understand that the council were justified in their chosen club to occupy the QE Stadium.

Your club can claim the history as a deceased memory of an excellent club that once was, so can ETFC.

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
Both clubs are born from the same original club, albeit for very different reasons. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if either club claims the history from EFC, as they both share a part of it.

What does annoy me is that this thread seems to have degenerated in part to nothing more than a slanging match where some posters are desperate to have the last word, as they possibly feel that that will prove their viewpoint as being correct.

Regardless of whether or not a merger is a good thing, it's not on the cards. Can we move on as seperate clubs on the pitch? Of course we can. Can we move on as seperate clubs on the forums? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Can I suggest the Moderator locks this feckin' thread!

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
I agree totally, I think all points good and baffling ones have been made and put across, I wont be posting on this thread again.

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Can I suggest the Moderator locks this feckin' thread!
Good Idea , and perhaps remove some of you lot whilst hes about it.

offline AbbeyMan

AbbeyMan
  • First XI - Sub
Even if Enfield 1893 have no right to the history (which of course they do) the townies certainly DON'T. The "old" EFC, as the townies keep refering to them, were still going when you formed so you can't try and nick the history.

offline russ

russ
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
good for you abbeyman well said

russ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus