Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Braintree Town

ronin

Experimental formation last night just playing one up front and that changed from Lucky, Leon and Gab depending on who wanted to go where.

It was a very pedestrian game, and we didn't get to see too much from anyone really. Cracking goal from Lucky though.

I firmly believe that had Antoine not got injured against Chelmsford he would've been the one playing the lone striker role tonight.

The trialist right-back showed some good moves, can't find much on him. Interesting to see Chris Moore playing for Canvey last night, last club I can find him at is Welling. Also good to see that Edwards and Nougher are still with us as they're starting to look useful. Would've thought Park Lane is the last place David Lee would want to play, given his injury, but good to see him turning out for Canvey as well.

Next game for me will be Whitstable and hopefully if those trialists are still with us, it'll be good to see them step it up as we get closer to the real thing.

Ryan Oliva first played against us at Waltham Forest, where he was Captain and then again played against us for Arlesey at home.

Good shout, Ronin. No wonder, I couldn't find anything on him I was spelling his name as O'Liva! doh

That's the bloke. Looked good in both games.

Thought Dave Lee looked quality. Rarely gave a ball away and was unlucky not to score from a free kick in the first half.

Nougher looked useful again and Moore was commanding at the back.

Former club captain who was monumental in the club's success last season. Signed from Harlow Town, Ryan made his debut against Marlow in the FA Cup, playing at left back having had a jaw operation and becoming a father the previous day. Scored his first goal of this season against Northwood, but reluctantly moved to Arlesey Town half way through the season. A 'never say die' player who will be sorely missed by all at Forest. Was awarded the Supporters' player of the season for the 2006-7 season.

24.jpg

www.walthamforest-fc.co.uk

Originally Posted By: peter foster
How did you rate the Braintree side relative to Chelmsford City last Friday.

If that was Braintree's first team last night, then I can't see how they managed to get a Conference South play-off place last season.

Chelmsford were a total class above.

Having said that, the games themselves were very varied. The Chelmsford game was much more competitive than last night's fixture, which is understandable seeing as I think it was only their second game.

I thought that we played very well last night against a strong Braintree side. We looked sharp with our movement, our passing was pretty accurate, and the defence looked solid. The new formation also looked promising, and it's good to see that we're using these games to try new things.

As for Braintree compared to Chelmsford, Chelmsford were definitely the better side, though had we played like we did last night then I think the match would have been tighter. However, Braintree beat Southend's full first team 2-0 the other day, so it just goes to show that you can't read too much into this stage of the season.

As for the lads on trial, very impressed by all of them, would be delighted to see any/all of them sign based on that performance.

Roll on Clacton!!

If all the trialists sign then I make it we have a squad of 26, that also excludes Roberts, Edgar and those we haven't seen play i.e. Bourne and Francis.

Goalkeepers

Mel Capleton

Ricky Wiseman

Defenders

George Blewer

Craig Davidson

David Kreyling

Chris Moore

Jordan Mumford

Tarkan Mustafa

Ryan Oliva

Ben Patten