Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attendences

JAY

Well Canvey are bound to get more as canvey are ryman prem and many people predict southend to do badly and also maybe financial problems do you think many will flock over to park lane on a satarday instead of roots hall

I have noticed that when Southend are playing away that we do pick up a few of their supporters, also over the years i have seen a few "floating" supporters come our way when Southend have been struggling (although it doesn't involve vast numbers)Have to say it works both ways though, i knew someone that i thought was Canvey through and through, at every game, all kitted up in club colours, then when we dropped down to ryman 1? I next saw them......wearing Southend colours.... in football, what comes around, goes around, at least with some of the supporters......

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
Originally Posted By: JAY
I think come start of season canvey will have a bigger gate than last season

We bloody well better have.

well why not promotion from last year a good pre-seson in which neutruls come and fair prices like admission and etc so why wouldnt canvey have more fans than last season

We will have more than last season, I'm convinced of that. However, this being a tougher league, we may not win as many games as we have done for the previous two seasons, so it is by no means a certainty.

We do get a few supporters from Southend and other clubs who come to watch us when they are away. Similarly, some of our fans (myself included) are not unknown to pay a visit to the likes of Southend or Grays when we don't have a fixture. Supporting Canvey is an emotional experience, sometimes it's nice just to go and watch a game and not really mind who wins.

i dont really think our promotion will gain us many fans, but the premier league is a better supported leauge so we will get more away fans turning up. i think our average gate will be around 370, up a little on last season but not much. did we really have that many more when we were in the conference or were there just more away fans? hopfully im wrong and the fans will come

I reckon 450 is achieavable. We should get crowds of around 800 maybe more for the likes of Dover, Dartford, Ricay and possibly Hx.

I think we're capable of a full 100 on our 06/07 average of 375 (credit to another). Whether we'll get it or not is another matter and will have a lot to do with our results and away support. I'm not sure we can do it on our own.

you are always more likely to get more "floating" fans the higher up the leagues you are.

Many people who support league sides will not watch ryman one standard footy but some may decide to watch ryman prem as the standard is better

The same will happen the next step up and so on.

My dad wouldn't watch us in the ESL or ryman one north but watched a few games in the ryman prem last season because it was a decent standard