Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

Jonathan Edwards

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
18 replies to this topic

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Have to say that every game I've seen him play in, I've been really impressed with Jonathan Edwards.

Today's match was the icing on the cake and he was our best player out there.

Would love to see him become a permanent addition to the CIFC squad as he looks to develop into a quality player.

Competition is really tight for places within the current squad but with a few names to be released, Edwards could really break into the first team.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
I agree Matt. My Man of the Match today.

Rarely put a foot wrong in midfield showing some good passes and touches.

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
i thought he had a good game today, he has nice touches and he plays the simple ball well, my only concern is his physical side of the game for this level..

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
I thought todays game was very much a typical performance from what you would expect from a pre season friendly.

We where missing 3 key players today in Dobbo, Lee & West which gave the likes of Jon Edwards a full game.

Leon Antoine has just come back from a hamstring injury so he will of benefited from 60 mins under his belt.

Have to say the player i have been impressed with the most so far pre season is Ben Patten, he has been very impressive.

Pre Season is all about fitness and getting the team gelled ready for the opening game and it looks like that is coming together nicely.

One question to you all, do you think we need a old fashioned style left winger?

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
One question to you all, do you think we need a old fashioned style left winger?

YES!

Although we've signed some real quality players I haven't seen any of them playing down that left wing. I think the player that can come closest to it is probably Mustafa.

Crow and Corbell are our only natural left-sided players, although Fanibuyan has done well in that position so far and I think he'll probably be first pick.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Agree with Shedboy. Patten was very good yesterday and has done well during the pre season games.

I think Gab is fine as a left winger. Has done well in that position so far during the friendly matches although it would be interesting to see how Tarkan Mustafa performs in that role.

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
Gab will be a player to watch in the ryman prem this year I think he was very sharpe and has pace thought wiseman played well aswell

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
Also like to say it was nice to meet your gaffer and his assistant

and also like to say good luck for next season and look forward to our visit to your place on the tuesday night

offline michael_terrell

michael_terrell
  • At the Turnstiles
I have to say i think Jon Edwards has bee fantastic in all the games ive seen him play, he is going to provide good competition in midfield for us this season. Yesterday when he came on he looked different class, it will be interesting to see who plays in the centre first game of the season! He is a canvey boy through and through aswell so he knows all about the club.

come on you Canvey!!

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
Hopefully Edwards and Patten are here long-term and both still being young will progress and develop into quality Canvey players and regular first team starters.

offline ScopeDogg

ScopeDogg
  • At the Turnstiles
just read the comments about the young lad jonathan edwards, but i have watched him the last few games and although he has done well, i really think he wont have enough ability to make it at this level. i think the more games he plays he will get found out. i hope the kid proves me wrong but i just cant see him producing in the season.

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
if he plays like he has pre season in the games Ive seen him in and what other people say why cant he perform in the ryman prem

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
We've got enough talent in midfield at the moment, i.e. Dobbo, Lee, Mustafa etc. for Edwards to learn and develop into a player that can easily cut it at this level.

He's not the biggest bloke, but neither is David Lee.

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
Spot on Matt

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
I think Matt makes a good point, as good as Edwards is already, playing with the calibre of players in our squad can only help him to develop further.

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
And the experience between lee, mustafa and dobinson will help

offline michael_terrell

michael_terrell
  • At the Turnstiles
of course the experience will be great for him. he seems a very intelligent player so to be playing with the likes of lee mustafa and dobinson will be good for his development, i hope he stays for years to come and helps us rocket up the table this year because that is where we are headed!

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
Me and liam noticed how he is always trying to support other players and make space.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
Looks like his International Clearance has come through, according to Facebook. Will expect him to at least be on the bench Saturday now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus