Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jonathan Edwards

Matt H

Have to say that every game I've seen him play in, I've been really impressed with Jonathan Edwards.

Today's match was the icing on the cake and he was our best player out there.

Would love to see him become a permanent addition to the CIFC squad as he looks to develop into a quality player.

Competition is really tight for places within the current squad but with a few names to be released, Edwards could really break into the first team.

I agree Matt. My Man of the Match today.

Rarely put a foot wrong in midfield showing some good passes and touches.

I thought todays game was very much a typical performance from what you would expect from a pre season friendly.

We where missing 3 key players today in Dobbo, Lee & West which gave the likes of Jon Edwards a full game.

Leon Antoine has just come back from a hamstring injury so he will of benefited from 60 mins under his belt.

Have to say the player i have been impressed with the most so far pre season is Ben Patten, he has been very impressive.

Pre Season is all about fitness and getting the team gelled ready for the opening game and it looks like that is coming together nicely.

One question to you all, do you think we need a old fashioned style left winger?

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
One question to you all, do you think we need a old fashioned style left winger?

YES!

Although we've signed some real quality players I haven't seen any of them playing down that left wing. I think the player that can come closest to it is probably Mustafa.

Crow and Corbell are our only natural left-sided players, although Fanibuyan has done well in that position so far and I think he'll probably be first pick.

Agree with Shedboy. Patten was very good yesterday and has done well during the pre season games.

I think Gab is fine as a left winger. Has done well in that position so far during the friendly matches although it would be interesting to see how Tarkan Mustafa performs in that role.

I have to say i think Jon Edwards has bee fantastic in all the games ive seen him play, he is going to provide good competition in midfield for us this season. Yesterday when he came on he looked different class, it will be interesting to see who plays in the centre first game of the season! He is a canvey boy through and through aswell so he knows all about the club.

come on you Canvey!!

just read the comments about the young lad jonathan edwards, but i have watched him the last few games and although he has done well, i really think he wont have enough ability to make it at this level. i think the more games he plays he will get found out. i hope the kid proves me wrong but i just cant see him producing in the season.

We've got enough talent in midfield at the moment, i.e. Dobbo, Lee, Mustafa etc. for Edwards to learn and develop into a player that can easily cut it at this level.

He's not the biggest bloke, but neither is David Lee.

• 3 weeks later...