Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

If you're giving ressies and debutants a run out then fair play, but to keep the knockers off you need at least to fib a bit about the attendance, I mean 7 is just like.....not many, just bull a bit, we promise not to tell the Inland Revenue, unless that is you have someone like us who can't bloody count, we had at least 88 for our game last nite, not the printed 87, unless he counted when duty called for moir.

Well Hadley came mob handed but everyone I asked said that they were Committee members and I didn't insist on seeing their passes, if I had I expect the crowd would have probably been at least double. I really don't see why people begrudge paying a fiver to watch a decent game of football particularly from an afluent place like Hadley.

Well Hadley came mob handed but everyone I asked said that they were Committee members and I didn't insist on seeing their passes, if I had I expect the crowd would have probably been at least double. I really don't see why people begrudge paying a fiver to watch a decent game of football particularly from an afluent place like Hadley.

This raises the debate about what constitutes a "gate". Most leagues (including the SSMFL) expect that the attendance should include all those watching - i.e including club officials. Hence clued up clubs include these. Others only declare the number of paying customers. And, when, like yourself, they let anyone in unchallenged, this can result in embarrasingly low "gates". Other clubs, like Brache Sparta, base their attendance on the number of programmes sold. Typically, the pleasant chap who walks around during the match will sell perhaps 7 programmes to the 30 or so people assemble to watch the match. It all depends on whether you wan to present your club in the best light or not!

If you can't be "arsed" to ask for passes, it's your own fault that limitless visiting "officials" can gain access.

If you can't be "arsed" to ask for passes, it's your own fault that limitless visiting "officials" can gain access.

Horace - It's not a case of 'can't be arsed' to ask for passes as you put it but supporters should have the common decency to offer their five pounds so they can enter the ground with a clear conscience and receive a programme of Hello and OK magazine proportions into the bargain, although admitedly last night there were no colour pictures for reasons beyond my control. I also shouldn't have to stand over people whilst they hunt for their Committee pass as it's a bit embarrassing, as if I don't trust them, Cockfosters and Hatfield Town are other Club's who always roll up mob handed and you haven't got a clue who is Committee and who isn't.

Horace - It's not a case of 'can't be arsed' to ask for passes as you put it but supporters should have the common decency to offer their five pounds so they can enter the ground with a clear conscience and receive a programme of Hello and OK magazine proportions into the bargain, although admitedly last night there were no colour pictures for reasons beyond my control. I also shouldn't have to stand over people whilst they hunt for their Committee pass as it's a bit embarrassing, as if I don't trust them, Cockfosters and Hatfield Town are other Club's who always roll up mob handed and you haven't got a clue who is Committee and who isn't.

You have to have the "balls" to ask them! If you act like a mouse, the cats will eat you! We have the advantage at Hertford of proper turnstiles, so people are challenged by the locked turnstile. Unless the gateman presses the pedal, they can't get in. He only presses the pedal on receipt of legal tender or a pass! Simple.

At Bradwell we dont have the luxury of a turnstile or gate so are one of the few clubs who don't ask for admission to the game, if we done what Rhodes says then all our gates would be zero.....so we have someone do a headcount, not perfect maybe but looks a lot healthier our attendance Tuesday of 87 than that of 7 that Tokynton got the following night, just think it looks embarrassing to the players of that club, a person in my eyes watching is a spectator, paid or not paid.

Today's 'domestic' results:

Premier Division

2 0 Aylesbury v Hatfield Town

1 3 Broxbourne Borough 1 Chalfont St Peter 3

3 2 Harefield United v Welwyn Garden City

1 1 Hillingdon Borough v Dunstable Town

Division One

1 3 Amersham Town v Bedford Town Reserves

1 1 Brache Sparta Community v Sun Postal Sports

0 2 Cranfield United v Crawley Green

4 1 New Bradwell St Peter v Kings Langley

2 5 Sport London e Benfica v AFC Dunstable

1 1 Stony Stratford Town v Holmer Green

Division Two

1 1 Kent Athletic v Tring Corinthians

1 4 Old Bradwell United v Aston Clinton

2 1 Totternhoe v Padbury United

Division Two Cup First Round

1 2 Risborough Rangers v Mursley United

2 1 Wodson Park v Bletchley Town

2 0 Berkhamsted v Caddington

5 2 MK Wanderers v The 61 FC (Luton)

Today's 'domestic' results, I see Sport London e Benfica lost again:

Premier Division

2 0 Aylesbury v Hatfield Town

1 3 Broxbourne Borough 1 Chalfont St Peter

3 2 Harefield United v Welwyn Garden City

Division One

1 3 Amersham Town v Bedford Town Reserves

1 1 Brache Sparta Community v Sun Postal Sports

0 2 Cranfield United v Crawley Green

4 1 New Bradwell St Peter v Kings Langley

2 5 Sport London e Benfica v AFC Dunstable

1 1 Stony Stratford Town v Holmer Green

Division Two

1 1 Kent Athletic v Tring Corinthians

2 1 Totternhoe v Padbury United

Division Two Cup First Round

1 2 Risborough Rangers v Mursley United

2 1 Wodson Park v Bletchley Town

2 0 Berkhamsted v Caddington

5 2 MK Wanderers v The 61 FC (Luton)

Well isn't that obvious, we would have been playing Bucks Students Union yesterday in the FA Vase however as a result of Cockfosters being awarded the tie we had no game.

I see the cream is rising to the top where Aston Clinton are concerned, another convincing win yesterday against the supposedly transformed Old Bradwell United.

Keeps - From a selfish point of view it saved me doing a programme

A report on this one from Saturday:

http://www.dunstabletownfc.org.uk/090919hbfc.htm

Aston Clinton can do no wrong at present and they're not even out of first gear yet:

http://www.astonclintonfc.co.uk/matchdetails.asp?mid=560

Aston Clinton can do no wrong at present and they're not even out of first gear yet:

http://www.astonclintonfc.co.uk/matchdetails.asp?mid=560

Hi Rhodes don't big Aston up yet, it's early days and there is a long way to go and yes they are playing well but they have harder games to come and have to play against some striker who are scoring for fun. However I hear Malc is trying to bring more players in, which is not easy when you are stuck in between Aylesbury and Tring. However would be nice to be in Div 1 where they should have been 3 years ago when they walked Div 2.

Have you seen how far ahead of the others they were that year with a goal difference of +112, (is that a record in the South Mids). Just a shame you have to have floodlights in Div 1. Mind you Kings Langley didn't have them did they?