Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island 2-4 Horsham

Matt H

Originally Posted By: Canvey_Fan_2008
Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
but most of them are also the 'supporters' that only turn up for the match, they don't like to help out around the ground or come down on a Thursday night.

That's because most of us have better priorities on a Saturday morning, like trying to earn a living!

Get a better job with better hours wink NO EXCUSE tongue

Not always possible I'm afraid, besides different people support the club in different ways.
And i wouldn't knock those supporters who can only turn up for the games, they are probably the majority, no doubt the club depends on their attendance for income. Anyway, as supporters do we not count then? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, discussions about who should play is part and parcel of the game, it isn't disrespectful, its an opinion.

Oh no! I'm not saying that you are not good supporters, or don't count. Most of you love the club and do everything you can - and if turning up on matchdays is all you can do then fine!

Its just the small minority that then think its ok to moan and publicly shame players for the slightest mistake (on another note, those same supporters also moan at the state of the ground etc). I don't think any supporter should be able to do this - I was just making a point that the majority of moaning seems to come from the main stand.

The only person that I think is entitled to shout at players is John. Yes, we all get the 'ump at times, but it was the first game of the season - lets wait and see what happens before we start picking individuals!!

In fairness to Ricky, he may have made a mistake on the first goal but their guy (Archibald) was given far too much space to get the shot in and should have been closed down quicker.

If the defence had been sharper to the danger then Ricky wouldn't have been called upon to make the save.

Oh no! I'm not saying that you are not good supporters, or don't count. Most of you love the club and do everything you can - and if turning up on matchdays is all you can do then fine!

Its just the small minority that then think its ok to moan and publicly shame players for the slightest mistake (on another note, those same supporters also moan at the state of the ground etc). I don't think any supporter should be able to do this - I was just making a point that the majority of moaning seems to come from the main stand.

The only person that I think is entitled to shout at players is John. Yes, we all get the 'ump at times, but it was the first game of the season - lets wait and see what happens before we start picking individuals!!

Some great points made CF2008, none better than the one highlighted. We have to get behind the players, not name and shame any of them. No one will feel worse than those who made the errors and 1 game in and we are already moaning and groaning. We need to show that whatever happens, win lose or draw we fight as a team and we do it together.

Originally Posted By: CRFC BOSS
Nothing to do with me but

John obviously feels Ricky has all the makings to do it so i do feel making him the scapegoat as does seem to happen alot on here is totally wrong, it probally is make or break for him the next couple of months so back him like the management have !

We let Dale Brightly go a couple of years ago and colin rung me and i said he would defo be good enough once hes had the experience, now he is one of the best non league keepers around !

totally agree about dal he is def one of the best keeper around in non league and its a shame he is not at an higher level

And as for ricky wiseman every keeper makes mistakes when I saw him at pre-season in a friendly i thought he was quite good and will getter the more he plays the more he learns and gets better and I think the backing of the fans would help aswell

Most of us are cynical in pointing the finger at people that openly criticise players after the performance but strangely the loudest do not go hands up when the team they name as their preference (prior to the game) is selected and then fails miserably. They then commence a new group of opinions as if last week never happened.

We all forget that whilst admitting it is wrong to hack of a player(s) after a poor performance it is also going to hack off a player prior to the game in constantly suggesting that he or they should be dropped from selection

The manager has to look at:

1. Individual form and individual fitness

2. Known opposition strengths and weakness

3. He may choose not to pick YOUR favourite player as he seeks a pattern of play to suit the team

And of course he will on occasion get any one or more of items above wrong

English football is tribal, strongly emotional and incredibly (self) opinionated in matters of selection

In bigger league club debates you cannot damage individuals but if you are speaking on behalf of your ego then you do not help team morale in such a close (non-league) fraternity in pushing a campaign to out any particular player