Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

LEYTON HAVE A NEW WEBSITE

Originally Posted By: Bilbo
Numpty

Redbridge v Potters Bar only attracted 48
Maldon v Ware had only 5 more than Leyton

As was the case at Edgware the crowds will grow as people start to see the change in the style of play and commitment of the players. Rome wasn't built in a day and it will take time to attract back support. I can see an exodus from Waltham Forest if things don

JAY - I think that's probably a good wager to make particularly now Gavin isn't involved in the project, the likes of Bilbo, Harry Up, Ken Batten and Mr Gregory will all be welcomed with open arms at the new Club although obviously they will never be offered an involvement in the running of the Club as we don't want to run the risk of it all going belly up like Edgware Town did.

You mean Edgware FC, lol. I read Ken Batten's comments in Sunday's Non League Today and haven't stopped laughing since particularly where it said that Edgware Town have started a fund to get back on their feet with the help of Russell Grant, Mr Grant means well but if you're relying on him then you're in for a long wait. Also Mr Batten knew full well that Gavin had left the exciting Edgware FC project yet stated 'he keeps putting these things out, much to my annoyance', he also described the project as 'a load of nonsense' which he knows full well it isn't.

IF Edgware FC ever sees the light of day, no supporters from Edgware Town will support it.

They would have no allegiance to a club without any attachment to the people from the White Lion.

I doubt you will even get Numpty singing 'Edgware till I die' again

Bilbo - I think that's just where you're wrong and all the loyal fans who frequented the White Lion Ground previously, come rain or shine, will turn up to Edgware FC games in their droves, afterall it's the 'Edgware' name that counts be it Edgware FC, Edgware Town, Edgware United or Edgware Rovers, it doesn't matter. Like I said you, Harry Up, Ken Batten and Mr Gregory will all be welcomed with open arms at the Club from August next year if you turn up but please don't take offence if you're not invited into the boardroom, it's nothing personal.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
......loyal fans who frequented the White Lion Ground previously, come rain or shine, will turn up to Edgware FC games in their droves, afterall it's the 'Edgware' name that counts be it Edgware FC, Edgware Town, Edgware United or Edgware Rovers, it doesn't matter.......

What if they are called Kingsbury London Tigers ? duck

That would be a question for Gavin who incidentally will also be welcomed with open arms at Edgware FC next season if he chooses to attend some games, there was nobody more upset than me when he got cold feet and bailed out of the project as I was really looking forward to working hand in hand with him.

Yes but your beloved Del, Steve and the former Edgware Town players aren't going to be at Lea Bridge Road forever are they, what happens when they move on. You will become a laughing stock if you simply follow them nomadically from pillar to post everywhere they go, Edgware Town FC are very unlikely to reform despite Mr Batten's comments in Non League Today on Sunday.

The Leyton website is really looking good. Loads of information and news about the Club, Players and Management.

www.leyton-fc.co.uk

It has now been promoted as the official site and links will be changed from the old to the new over the next 24 hours.

The Forum has also taken off and as the website will promote it more supporters will have access.

http://leytonboy.proboards105.com

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Is that the Leyton motto, Edgware FC will have to think of one in due course, any suggestions

How about

OVER AND OUT

Lol, you wish, we're very much here to stay

Oooh Bilbo, that was a bit harsh ! Lol

Still Rhodesy did ask for it didn't he. I won't post my suggestion as I don't want hijack this thread. Do Leyton still have a team in the Capital League ?

If Del and Steve left Lea Bridge Road tomorrow Bilbo and his cohorts would be off like a shot, I think that says it all.

Bilbo - That's obviously a post from the heart and I respect that, indeed respect and loyalty are words you clearly put a lot of emphasis on however they're not that big in my vocablulary as I'm not in football to earn respect from anyone, my track record at Club's such as Haringey Borough and Kentish Town speaks for itself and, like Gavin, I roll up my sleeves and get the job done.

So you readily admit then that if Steve and Del got a better offer and walked away from Lea Bridge Road tomorrow, never to return, you would drop everything you've started at Leyton, such as the Website, and follow them like the Pied Piper of Hamlet

Why would that be?

Running a website and forum is simple once the initial set up has been accomplished. Even if I did not continue with Leyton I could update the site from any location in the world or alternatively I could hand it over to someone else to update.

If you "roll up my sleeves and get the job done" why did you get the push from both clubs. Don't tell me it was the clubs fault, they both can't be that wrong and they seem to be doing quite well without you.

Thats all I'm going to say about the subject, I'm going back to my studies and you will probably go back under your shell.