Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

LEYTON HAVE A NEW WEBSITE

Leyton's Forum certainly makes interesting reading, it would appear that Bilbo has only told us half the story about recent events:

http://leytonboy.proboards105.com/index....=101&page=1

Bilbo - The piece in today's Non League paper reads as follows:

Steve Newing claims it was impossible to do his job as Manager at Leyton and that led to his decision to quit. Newing, along with joint boss Del Deanus, left on Thursday after just three months in charge. The Ryman North side were locked out of their ground last weekend after a missed rent payment and Newing says his job was becoming impossible "It's not how it appeared in the brochure, put it that way. The Chairman Costas Sophocleous obviously found some money to pay the rent on the ground but it's not readily available. We've had to let people go in the last few weeks and it was getting harder to bring people in. I wanted to get on with my job and it appears I have one way of doing things and the Chairman has a different one." Newing and Deanus led Edgware Town to promotion from the SSML in 2007. Sophocleous was unavailable for comment.

The interesting bit there is where Newing says that "It wasn't what it said on the tin when he joined the Club".

Bilbo - Well it's all there in the Non League paper in black and white on page 45 for everyone to see, why don't you just face facts and stop fooling yourself

Rhodent

Pray tell what do you think I was trying to hide, I assure you nobody has been fooled, well maybe perhaps you, but then you are never quick to understand an issue, unless of course you can put a spin on it.

The statment from the managers I published on this Forum under a thread titled LEYTON MANAGERS RESIGN and the money problems at the club were also highlighted in another thread LEYTON GAME POSTPONED.I fail to see your point

Originally Posted By: Bilbo
Rhodent
Pray tell what do you think I was trying to hide, I assure you nobody has been fooled, well maybe perhaps you, but then you are never quick to understand an issue, unless of course you can put a spin on it.

The statment from the managers I published on this Forum under a thread titled LEYTON MANAGERS RESIGN and the money problems at the club were also highlighted in another thread LEYTON GAME POSTPONED.I fail to see your point

I dont think youve been trying to fool anyone or hide anything bilbo but you have tried to ridicule anyone commenting on the matter.

Put the forum hatred away and you might get some sympathy here.

The manager seems to think things were hidden from him and he felt fooled into joining, if his quote "it's not how it appeared in the brochure" is accurate.

TheSpursFan - You're spot on as per usual and anyway it's all there for everyone to see on Leyton's Forum, the Club are clearly in turmoil behind the scenes:

http://leytonboy.proboards105.com/

I only give as good as I get, you will notice that it is the Rhodent who always degenerates treads into spiteful snipes at anybody or anything related to Edgware or Leyton. Just look at his first post on this thread and you will see what I mean.

As I have stated on many occassions Rhodent is all too quick to attack any efforts by anyone other than his beloved Numpty and even he has left the sceen. What has he contributed to non-league since his removal from Kentish Town - NOTHING

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
JAY - I think that's probably a good wager to make particularly now Gavin isn't involved in the project, the likes of Bilbo, Harry Up, Ken Batten and Mr Gregory will all be welcomed with open arms at the new Club although obviously they will never be offered an involvement in the running of the Club as we don't want to run the risk of it all going belly up like Edgware Town did.

this one you mean Bilbo?

welcome with open arms, dont want to risk it going belly up, all seems ok to me.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes but your beloved Del, Steve and the former Edgware Town players aren't going to be at Lea Bridge Road forever are they, what happens when they move on. You will become a laughing stock if you simply follow them nomadically from pillar to post everywhere they go, Edgware Town FC are very unlikely to reform despite Mr Batten's comments in Non League Today on Sunday.

or perhaps it was this type of post that upset you from two months ago.

Old Towner - You seem surprised but check the Club's Forum which is linked to the Website, that's far more informative.

The Leyton Website seems to have been revamped and the informative Forum has disappeared, does anyone know why.

This is definitely not the case.

Leytonboy aka Paul Gregory who developed the site was contacted on a couple of ocassions by members of Leyton. He passed over the username and passwords for the site as well as information on setting up the administration of the web pages.

He also offered to keep the site updated if information was passed over. After two weeks with no contact or information from the club the site was closed.

He has confirmed to me that this Forum will remain open.

Bilbo - I take it Paul Gregory has offered to develop a new Welwyn Garden City Website and Forum, there is a checkered history with the Welwyn Website in that there has never been enough money at the Club to keep it going for long periods at a time and it keeps having to close down so I'm sure his input will be welcomed at Herns Lane with open arms.