Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So....

Having not seen Canvey play since Horsham, it was a joy to watch today's match. Everyone looked like they had stepped up a gear from the Horsham game and they were enjoying the football that was being played.

Quality free-kick from Dave Lee, the 'Ricay defence didn't move.

Moore's goal was superb, no-one thought it was going straight in and his surprise was shown in his goal celebration.

Leon's goal was a thunderbolt, left footed into the roof of the net, quality build-up play down the left to make it.

As for Lucky's goal, well a bit embarrassing for the 'Ricay keeper, and it was good to see Lucky take his time and place the ball over the line - held his nerve and didn't let the moment go to his head.

'Ricay had the half-hour spell at the beginning of the second half where the game had gone flat and they tried to get back into it but they didn't make the most of their chances and Ricky wasn't too troubled by most attempts.

Their squad looks very similar to ours in that there are a few old heads amongst a rather young side, but it doesn't look like they've found something that clicks into place yet.

I'm amazed that playing one up front, Canvey have managed to score eight goals in two games. Plus with Tarkan hitting the bar in the second half and the couple of close chances we had during the first half, we clearly have numerous goal-scoring channels available.

My only gripe is that we need to time our subs better. Curran had ran himself into the ground and needed replacing well before it actually happened.

Great to see some away fans though, even if they were silent after the second goal went in. Disappointed to attendance was under 600 though.

Roll on Ashford, although I think that'll be a totally different game!

For me there is only to words for today's performance David Lee. For me he bossed the midfield and controlled the game. The whole of the game went around him. Also i thought Jay Curran had a good game upfront he more than held his own and created problems for there defence all game. Billericay where not the team i was expecting i was expecting a tough physical game from a team that has been tipped to be in or around the play-off's but this was not so. Was some of the best football i have seen in awhile and therefore we where well worth our win. Well done to John and the lad's they all palyed very well.

Shame on the so called RICAY support, what a complete let down from start to finish. Turning up in small numbers for one, silent apart from the odd song, then trying to sneak out after the third goal! Completely ruined the occasion for me, the sore losing Baso wingebags. At least your team had the dignity to stay and face the music for over an hour, and 3 more stayed for at 2 hours getting ribbed and in fairness taking it like men from kids till well past 8 oclock

And dont bother trying to defend your (supporters) pityfull performance. In excusable, you lily livered Baso residents!!!!

Great performance, couldn't have asked for more. Dave Lee was magnificent as was the whole of the midfield. Defence was excellent especially Ben Patten who continues to impress with his composed performances.

Lucky took the piss on the last goal and why not.

As for the ricky support well some of their supporters slag our support off enough so I won't stoop to their level.

Oh yes. drinkies