Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lato - So in other words Spidermanor is leaving Hayes about 4.15 to get over to Vicarage Road for 5.20.

no

AFC Hayes 1 Royston Town 3

Royston were far too good for their hosts who seemed disjointed at times particularly in an abject first half. The vistors started a little nervously but got into their stride and started playing the ball around and showed great movement off the ball and cohesiveness . Hayes on the other hand seemed to rely on a long ball for the pacy 11 to chase as their sole means of attack and for reasons best known to themselves left a huge hole in the middle of the park for Royston to play through. Royston scored first after good approach play saw a shot saved and an easy tap in but they gifted AFC Hayes an equaliser after a calamatous goal kick. The young Royston side weren't rattled and two more goals followed before half time. Hayes improved in the second half a little but never really threatened and Royston had chances to make it an even more comfortable win.

Have to say a fair result in the end.

good report lato i have to agree with that completely. Royston are looking far stronger this year (going by todays performance and a few home games) that previous, and i think it is showing by beating opposition two leagues above themselves. Hendon at home will be a tough test for royston but who knows, the magic of the FA cup might come to garden walk!

Blowingbubbles - So did you meet Lato, Spidermanor and Manorborn, as you say Hendon at home is a great draw for the Crows who should get a crowd of 400 plus and if Craig Hammond is firing on all cylinders then anything is possible.

Blowingbubbles - That's funny, I often have three or four and sometimes five of my children in tow at matches and never have that trouble. Anyway the crowd was only 83 so surely Lato wouldn't have been that difficult to identify.

I had a decent chat with Lato and Manorborn after the game and Lato's report is very accurate. Royston looked the team that were two league's higher and on another day the margin of victory could have been more. I also sense that there may be problems at AFC Hayes both on and off the pitch

Craig Hammond seems to be on fire at the moment, he must make a World of difference compared to when he's off form or injured like at the end of last season which cost you promotion.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Blowingbubbles - That's funny, I often have three or four and sometimes five of my children in tow at matches and never have that trouble. Anyway the crowd was only 83 so surely Lato wouldn't have been that difficult to identify.

That's because you ignore them and let them run riot. When you visited us recently, we had to ask them to stop swinging on the steelwork and climbing on to the player's tunnel. They appear to be free range.

Rhodes - Royston are not a one mean team which you always seem to imply and they dont have just one scorer if you actually look at facts half a dozen players have got two goals or more already this season and last season has nothing to do with this season

good to meet you Watchful Listener. Maybe our paths will cross again later this season.

Pity we did not catch up with blowing bubbles but he has a good team to watch this year that are more than just a one man band as has been implied in previous posts about Royston. Hendon will be an interesting test for them in the next round and they will have the camera(s) there too following the 'Wembley to Wembley' route.

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
Rhodes - Royston are not a one mean team which you always seem to imply and they dont have just one scorer if you actually look at facts half a dozen players have got two goals or more already this season and last season has nothing to do with this season

TheWatchfulListener - I'm afraid I beg to differ as Royston Town would only be half the team they are without Craig Hammond, he is a high quality player playing at Step 6 level which is why I think you must be making it worth his while to stay at Garden Walk,

If you wud be bothered to come and see the new look Royston team then you would think differently but as you usually make things up in hindsight it is easy for everyone to understand why you post the things you do

I have to say I agree with everything Lato, Blowingbubbles and The Watchfull Listener have said on this thread.

Unfortunatley Rhodes is talking tosh as per usual.

It was a good entertaining game yesterday with the visitors gaining a thoroughly deserved win. Good luck in the next round against Hendon.

It was also good to meet and talk to The Watchfull Listener at the end. Shame we didn't meet Blowingbubbles. Were you sitting in the stand?

Originally Posted By: Manorborn100
Shame we didn't meet Blowingbubbles. Were you sitting in the stand?

He was baby sitting so was unable to stroll around the ground to pick Lato out of the crowd of 83. Anyway presumably Blowingbubbles knows TheWatchfulListener, at least by sight following all his visits to Garden Walk.

Royston well deserved their victory, far better on the day, hayes were awful on the day

as for problems for hayes on and off the pitch, nonsense, we will be mid table, same as last yr and things off the pitch have never been better

now its time to get fit.....

Neutralbob - What was your opinion of the Royston number nine Craig Hammond, what would they be like without him.

if i am completely honest, he looked ok, nothing special in my personal opinion, can play a higher level i am sure but few more strikers in ur premier division that r better

certainly be weakened without him tho, i liked the no7 for them and the left winger