Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I see Royston Town are all over the Royston Crow like a rash following their comprehensive FA Vase win on Saturday:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/default.aspx

Wouldn't it be nice if as a League we could do a Histon, village team to Blue Square Prem, or an old Wimbledon from Southern League to Division 1 as it was then, maybe the Taylor report which was a godsend in some cases have put paid to that dream, at least my laddie can say he saved a pen at Histon, okay so it was an under 18 game....but these days dreams are so much harder to come by.

And in case anyone is thinking what dribble, a few beers after a 12 hour night shift always brings out the sentimental side, don't knock it 'til you've tried it.... :350: let's have another one for the road.

Ref Off Ref - I don't see why Royston Town can't do a Histon in the next five or six seasons, they have the infrastructure in place at the Club and in Paul Attfield have one of the best Managers in the Non League game in my opinion, he always tries to stay one step ahead and thinks outside the box. Losing a player like Craig Hammond would have had most Managers throwing in the towel but he didn't bat an eyelid and just got on with things.

• 2 weeks later...

An informative report from the Royston Crow following Tuesday's 3-2 win over Leverstock Green:

There's quite a bit about Royston Town again in the Royston Crow following their excellent 5-3 win over Basildon last Saturday:

• 1 month later...

If the link works there are some interesting comments on Wellingborough Town's Forum about the Royston Town game last week, it shows the gulf between Royston and Kentish Town who lost 2-0 there in the infamous FA Cup tie when Clement Temile was attacked:

http://doughboys.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=matchreports&action=display&thread=1374

• 2 weeks later...

There's quite a bit about Royston Town in the Royston Crow this week including a report on their 3-2 defeat at Aylesbury last week and an FA Vase preview:

• 1 year later...

I see that Royston Town are hosting a beer festival at Garden Walk on Sunday 29 May, it looks interesting:

Sunday 29 May, 12 Noon-7pm

Garden Walk

REAL ALES • BBQ • LIVE MUSIC • LARGE MARQUEE

BOUNCY CASTLE • KIDDIES CORNER • ICE CREAMS

• Fun & entertainment for all the family
  • Free souvenir pint glass for first 100 through the gate
  • Admission: £2 adults, U16's free

Maddox (12:30pm-1.30pm)

The Undercovers (1.50pm-3.00pm)

Kill Buljo (3.20pm-4.30pm)

The Incredible Flight of Birdman (4.45pm-6.00pm)

Maddox: Five-piece indie band, hailing from Stevenage. Featured on the BBC Radio ‘Introducing’ show.

The Undercovers: Cambridge based band that play covers of a number of modern Indie & rock bands including The Killers, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay and many more.

Kill Buljo: Paul Whitton returns with an acoustic sound.

The Incredible Flight of Birdman: A local Indie four piece consisting of one bass, one guitar, drums and vocals. In March 2011 they released their second single ‘Fate with Amnesia’.

I see that it's Royston Town's presentation night tonight:

Garden Walk (in the Marquee)

Friday 27 May, 7pm,

Dinner (Curries, Chilli, Rice, Desserts),

Presentations to Senior Teams & Under 18's

Followed by Disco until 1am

Tickets £20, available at Club from Monday 16 May

or from Dave Chappell (07557 118138) now

Do we know how Royston Town's presentation night went on Friday and the beer festival yesterday. Did the man of the moment, namely Craig Hammond, make a guest appearance following his prestigious Step 3 Player of the Year award which he collected at a star studded event at Stamford Bridge last week.

Do we know how Royston Town's presentation night went on Friday and the beer festival yesterday. Did the man of the moment, namely Craig Hammond, make a guest appearance following his prestigious Step 3 Player of the Year award which he collected at a star studded event at Stamford Bridge last week.

I thought that he was your best mate? Surely you know if he was there?

Royston First Team squad pre season game list

Saturday 16th July - Standon and Puckeridge (Away)

Saturday 23rd July - Godmanchester Rovers (Home)

Tuesday 26th July - St Albans City (Home)

Saturday 30th July - Cheshunt (Home)

Tuesday 2nd August - Cambridge City (Home)

Saturday 6th August - Hoddesdon Town - Herts Charity Shield - (Home)