Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Middlesex County Premier League

Truth Teller

Rhodes, from what little I've seen of this league, I have to agree. As much as I don't like Befnal Blue, they were unlucky to have a man sent off in the drubbing they got against Bedfont. I didn't see the whole match, but I saw the sending off and some other dubious decisions by the ref (and linesmen).

I know it's early days, but from what I've seen/heard, Park View look like title contenders, but not sure if their ground will allow them to be promoted. There could be 4 or so clubs up there with a chance of promotion - i think they play near Haringey Borough.

I live near a CoCo and a Middlesex County league club, so I will be following developments of both with interest this season (when I'm not chasing eggs for pocket money).

Truth Teller - Thanks for this, I see you can post sensibly when you're not winding GAFFA1 up but you do seem to have a genuine dislike for Bethnal Green United for some reason. Were you aware that they had another player sent off later in the second half when the game was all but lost, as I say the harsh dismissal of the goalkeeper changed things completely when they would have probably still gone on to win and Bedfont must have thought all their Christmas's had come at once.

Bethnal Green made amends the following week winning convincingly at Hayes Gate however lost 1-0 at home last Saturday. I think playing at such salubrious surroundings as the Mile End Stadium isn't going to do them any favours as it must be like playing at Wembley for some teams used to playing on park pitches and they raise their game.

Rhodes, I had every intention of posting sensibly on here, but Befnal Blue take themselves too seriously. If only they'd taken their football as seriously today, then perhaps they wouldn't have scraped a draw today. My money is now on Bedfont Sports who whooped Park View 4-1. Anyway, to be honest, I don't have a genuine dislike for Befnal Blue, I just a) don't like anything from East London B) I don't like the attitude of thier players and manager - especially when one player threatened to shoot his opponent and c) I still coming to terms with the stupidity of their manager for putting their best outfield player in goal when their keeper got (unfairly) sent off!

Anyway, I have no interest in Befnal Blue and look forward to discussing decent teams in the league.

Truth Teller - What's you opinion of Martin Ash, the Bethnal Green United Coach, there's an entire thread about him on the Eton Manor Forum within the Essex Senior League section, we go back a long way

What I'm finding hard to get my head around is how you simply happened on Bethnal Green United's game against Bedfont more by luck than judgement as you were playing in the Community tournament outside the Stadium, did you know that Bethnal Green were plying their trade at the Stadium this season having previously been playing in Victoria Park. From what I can gather you never entered the Stadium and simply watched the proceedings from outside the perimeter fence.

To put it quite simply, and regretably, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time!! I didn't know Befnal played there, but Mile End is a vast improvement on their last home ground which would've given most parts of Iraq a run for money in the s***ness stakes (I can say that because I've served in Iraq!!). So to clear up any possible confusion, It was purely a coincidence that I was there that day. And as previously stated I don't like the attitude of the club hence the reason for my inherent dislike of them. I don't care if they are good or win the league, I will never support them or give them any credit.

Thanks for clearing that up and it shows I have my finger on the pulse to guess you were in the wrong place at the wrong time as you put it. Apparently it took the Club some seven years to get their foot in the door at the Mile End Stadium and it could well be the making of the them as clearly it is by far the best Stadium in the Middlesex County Premier League, with a few more hands on deck, better hospitality on matchdays, a possible Community partnership with West Ham and some funding I think the sky is the limit for the Club in the multi cultural catchment area they're in.

befnal blue will win sweet FA this, next and any season whilst they're in the Middlesex county Premier league. They finished fourth from bottom last season, then left the Middlesex league to join another league, which apparently they were rejected from and then they came back begging to be allowed to rejoin the Middlesex league. They'll soon get tired of travelling over to Middlesex/West London to get a spanking week in week out!!

You seem to know a lot about Bethnal Green United for someone who isn't interested in them, are you sure you're not a former player who had a falling out with GAFFA1 and now have a chip on your shoulder as surely if you live in the area you should be supportive of your local Community Club. Anyway GAFFA1 will be on tomorrow as he never comes on at weekends, I think he uses a computer at work to post, it will be interesting to hear about yesterday's game against Hayes United and another disappointing two points dropped at home.

Watched Bedfont Sports game against Park View on saturday.Good win for Bedfont who have added a some new signings this season.I think Bedfont will be up there fighting for promotion this season.As regards the team to beat, what about last seasons Champions Indian Gymkhana?I watched them dismantle Bedfont last season 5-2 and Bedfont are a half decent ream.I also think Park View,Kodak Harrow and possibly a team called Hayes United could also be up there.Will be going to Watch Hayes United against Hayes Gate on 20th September.Am suprised at Hayes Gate (formerly Technicolor FC) poor start this season.Hayes United do play some really good football at times.But this will be an interesting season.

GAFFA1 looks like you may be barking up the wrong tree with us. Quicksilver is still good i should think, i dont usually jion forums but felt the need to set the records straight, as it seemed like the Truth Teller looked like he might be connected to Bedfont Sports, i can assure you he is not. ive been suprised at bethnals results, i think your be right up there this season. But as you will know, there are alot of strong sides in the county league. the keeper getting sent off was the turning piont, and yes we were overjoyed to see kamara go in goal, he is proberbly the best play in the league !!!!. I like yourself give up my time for my club, and i dont feel the need to go around slagging off other teams on a forum. The county league is a strong league this season. saturday we beat a very strong parkview team, who will take some beating this season, we got the tactics right on the day and our lads were up for it. as i said to your assistant after the game, good luck for the season, your a much better side than last year and im sure you will be in the race come may !!!!. look forward to seeing you at the sports club in the return match !!!!

PS. Truth Teller, please dont try to stir things up between clubs, if you dont like bethnal thats up to you. its hard enough in this league without people getting upset with each other. thanks for the title tip, but after 4 games and already 4 dropped pionts, im sure there will be lots of twists and turns as there is every year !!!!!

Oh and i forgot Bedfont Sports are nothing to do with Bedfont FC. We used to be there sunday team, but they told us they didnt want a sunday side. We took the bedfont sunday FC name and moved on. As our club grew we needed a saturday side, this was for the sunday boys that wanted to play on saturdays and the kids who were coming through the ranks each year. We are now only 2 leagues away from Bedfont FC so im sure we will get there in the end. It will be one hell of a derby game when we do.

This could develop into a very interesting and useful thread for everyone involved with the Middlesex County League. I still maintain the League doesn't do itself any favours with it's blatant profiteering on fines but I think that's mainly Eddie Mee's doing and I think he was Fagin from Oliver Twist in a previous life.

Reckon top 3 will be Gymkhana (as they was good last year),Parkview and possibly Bedfont, but not sure about Bedfont as though they had good win on saturday,they've dropped some points already.But am hoping Hayes United are somewhere in there.Expect Hayes Gate to rise up the table as the season goes along

Hang on, I was stirring anything up. I started this thread to talk about the league. GAFFA came on and made a pretty pointless statement about Bethnal Green being in the league. It wasn't a very constructive post in the slightest. Had he said something like "I believe Bethnal Green will be one of the top 4 teams this season" then we could've possibly had a sensible debate. Granted I don't like the club for reasons stated many times, but this is a forum and I, like everyone else, am entitled to my opinion. Gaffa has expressed his opinion of me and i have absolutely no problem with that - I ain't gonna get teary eyed, abuse him or tell him to meet me somewhere. I'm not even going to try to change his opinion of me. Why? Because I couldn't give a flying truck what he thinks of me. He should feel the same about me. I didn't come on here to make friends, I came here to express opinions.

Rhodes I know so much about Bethnal Green because I have the unique skill of being able to READ. I know this may be a hard concept to grasp for some (especially those who live in a certain part of London), but i've been doing it since I was about 4 (so nearly 6 years now).

I don't play football, but I enjoy watching it, especially at a local level, but when I heard what I heard about Bethnal Green last season it puts me off. As BSEFC said, I am not connected to any club, I just live near a Middlesex premier league club and a CoCo club (and a ryman league club) and it isn't Bedfont or Bedfont sports who I understand are next door to each other.

And to be honest BSEFC, I only said you were title contenders coz I picked your name out of a hat!

Good luck to you all. Lets hope some of the other clubs come on here. I'd especially like to hear from the new boys in the league (Park View, the two Hayes teams etc)