Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The FA Cup

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
So I was right, you were there last night, and I thought you said I couldn't read you like a book!

Well done to you.

now for a bonus biscuit rhodes, do you want to guess which game Manorborn, his brother the Generalissimo and myself will be going to on Saturday. Here's a clue, its a ground we have never been to before. And before you ask we have all been to Vicarage Road so won't be joining Spider at Watford v Preston.

One guess and one guess only so use it well.

Lato - I know you are not an anorak in the true sense of the word like your new found friend Sjj2112 and don't like venturing too far a field so I wouldn't mind betting that you're planning a visit to Kentish Town v Thrapston Town.

Lato - Thanks for holding your hands up, I'm quite fortunate to possess a photographic memory which is an advantage particularly when it comes to football administraton. Yes I note that you joined the Forum two days after me on 14 July 2006 yet you have only 2094 posts to your name, I have been far more active although you tend to disappear from view for long periods.

Rhodesia, it's these kinds of posts that keep you at the top of the "Quotes of the month" table every month. Not only do you have a photographic memory, a skin as thick as a rhinos, a veteran of over 15.4 millions posts but you also have the uncanny ability to consistently talk out of your a**e. Very impressive my friend. Next you'll be telling us that you actually started fansfocus or that another website was actually your idea that you discussed with him one night out on the lash in Spearmint Rhinos a few years ago (when you were honorary life chairman of at least 2 premiership clubs and LA Galaxy. I suppose you were also responsible for brokering the deal that took Beckham to LA because of your "contacts"). I take my hat off to you sir

Lato - I know you are not an anorak in the true sense of the word like your new found friend Sjj2112 and don't like venturing too far a field so I wouldn't mind betting that you're planning a visit to Kentish Town v Thrapston Town.

Thanks for the tip, I might consider that one myself. Will you be in attendance?

Originally Posted By: Lato
To add to "Paul's" description of the game summarised by Spider above, I think that Hudson may have got a knock in the first half meaning his half time substitution.

Indeed he did. Rakki picked up a bit of a dead leg that stiffened up during the break, so he came off. Not thought to be serious.

At least Rak was largely responsible for keeping you in the FA Cup at Dulwich at the weekend and you just managed to shade the replay 'at home' last night, well done.

Hendonboy - As the impressive match report from your Website indicates you did enough in the first half to win the game leaving Dulwich Hamlet too much to do in the second to get back into it, admitedly their poor finishing played nicely into your hands but only goes to suggest that they weren't good enough on the night.

Were you satisfied with the crowd of 139, you would have probably got a bit more than that at Claremont Road wouldn't you.

Originally Posted By: Manorborn100

Thanks for the tip, I might consider that one myself. Will you be in attendance?

Any advice on which game I should go to this weekend Rhodsey old chap? Your suggestion of Kentish Town v Thrapston was excellent, just a shame you couldn't make it.

FA Cup would be prefered but I'll leave it up to you.

Manorborn - I'm sure you've already made your mind up where to go on Saturday, how come you're not going to Tokyngton Manor v Sun Postal Sports. As you know I'm going to Hornchurch v Merstham but as you will have Lato and Spidermanor in tow I won't recommend that as they may not be overly keen to see me, why not just plump for Hendon v AFC Telford at Vale Farm as I know you don't like travelling too far a field.

Manorborn - I'm sure you've already made your mind up where to go on Saturday, how come you're not going to Tokyngton Manor v Sun Postal Sports. As you know I'm going to Hornchurch v Merstham but as you will have Lato and Spidermanor in tow I won't recommend that as they may not be overly keen to see me, why not just plump for Hendon v AFC Telford at Vale Farm as I know you don't like travelling too far a field.

Tokyngton - looking for FA cup action
Hendon - saw them in the last round prefer someone new
Hornchurch - an excellent suggestion may see you there

Yes by all means, the more the merrier, have you ever met Uncle Urchin in the flesh, he's the real deal!

Yes by all means, the more the merrier, have you ever met Uncle Urchin in the flesh, he's the real deal!

Possibly but it would have been a few years back. Have you?

Of course I have met Uncle Urchin, he checked me over to see if I was suitable material for Edgware FC next season and fortunately I passed his initiation test with flying colours which was a real honour. It would be good if you came over to Hornchurch on Saturday, I was disappointed that nobody bothered to introduce me to you at the Sport London Benfica v Hertford Town game but that's Lato and Spidermanor all over.

Of course I have met Uncle Urchin, he checked me over to see if I was suitable material for Edgware FC next season and fortunately I passed his initiation test with flying colours which was a real honour. It would be good if you came over to Hornchurch on Saturday, I was disappointed that nobody bothered to introduce me to you at the Sport London Benfica v Hertford Town game but that's Lato and Spidermanor all over.

Why should we introduce you to someone you've met and spoken to on several occasions? You really need to sort that selective memory of yours out old fruit.

If you hadn't noticed it's FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round day on Saturday and although sadly no SSML Club's remain I thought some of you might like to highlight your tie of the round, mine is Alfreton Town v Ilkeston Town as it's a case of what might have been for Kentish Town had they bothered to look after Lee Scott:

Evesham United v Chasetown

Havant & Waterlooville v Godalming Town

Belper Town v Prescot Cables

Guiseley AFC v Sheffield

Buxton v Blyth Spartans AFC

Curzon Ashton v Mossley AFC

Retford United v Newcastle Benfield

Droylsden v Gateshead

Eastwood Town v Harrogate Town

Alfreton Town v Ilkeston Town

Stalybridge Celtic v Durham City

Fleetwood Town v Frickley Athletic

Whitley Bay v Nantwich Town

Southport v Boston United

AFC Hornchurch v Merstham

Boreham Wood v Brackley Town

Hendon v AFC Telford United (at Wembley FC)

Hitchin Town v Hinckley United

Kingstonian v Hayes & Yeading United

Hampton & Richmond Borough v Whyteleafe

Tamworth v East Thurrock United

Wroxham v Kings Lynn

Leiston v Coalville Town

Dover Athletic v AFC Wimbledon

Halesowen Town v Maidstone United

Bishop's Stortford v Rugby Town

Harlow Town v Crowborough Athletic

Bury Town v Worthing

Atherstone Town v Chipstead

Ware v Sutton United

Horsham v Paulton Rovers

Basingstoke Town v Bashley

Oxford City v Chesham United

AFC Totton v Fleet Town

Ashford Town (Middx) v Chippenham Town

Frome Town v Team Bath

Burgess Hill Town v Eastleigh

Dorchester Town v Gosport Borough

Bath City v Aylesbury United

Newcastle Blue Star v Hucknall Town (Sunday)

Horace - You're up early this morning, I thought you were a man of leisure particularly now you don't have Hertford Town to worry about. I would have thought that Alfreton Town v Ilkeston Town was close to being the match of the round for you too as both teams are from your old stomping ground aren't they, I also like the look of Wroxham v Kings Lynn which is all ticket.