Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Grays

ronin

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
Funny things happen when fans slag off the staff on forums!!!

...even those with the thickest skins can take offence to what is said on forums.

A good example of what a few dozy posters can end up doing!!

Anyway he will not walk.

• 4 weeks later...

Grays Athletic FC (Blue Square Premier)

Press Release

Monday 13th October 2008

Following the financial situation that is affecting the country as a whole, Grays Athletic FC regretfully announces the following.

The clubs three major sponsors have been forced to withdraw their financial support for the club and therefore some drastic economic cuts will have to be made.

After an emergency board meeting the clubs directors have stated the following;

The general running costs involved in providing over night accommodation, transport and medical cover during the season will be greatly affected.

Salaries paid to contract / non contract players and staff will have to be reduced, this would mean players salaries being cut by 50% from now, the club would however seek to repay the deficit at times when funds are available.

Players who are affected by the changes will be free to leave the club with immediate affect; however the club will make every effort to minimise the disruption to training and preparation for matches.

Chairman Mike Woodward states

lol,and you want me to bite.

ok i will.

I done 25 years service at highbury and following the gooners around europe,had enough about 7 years ago when i realised that the money in the game had ruined what i regarded as football,and it wasn't because arsenal suddenly became sh1t,the season i lost interest was the one we won the double.I still love arsenal with all my heart but everything i want from football i can get at hornchurch,i watch arsenal on tv now,apart from spurs in a few weeks,wouldn't miss putting the boot in on those mugs for love nor money

Guest MOB Snr
Originally Posted By: Frankie_Says
Not been on here for years which is reflected in my username but had to laugh at the comments from Urchin regarding out situation.

Loyalty what would you know about loyalty your an Arsenal fan

Funny I thought he stopped going when his mum stopped lending him her season ticket and he had to start paying!!

As for Hx I heard he only started paying two years ago, before that we had the great season ticket through the fence scandal!!!