Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nice result!

Guest MOB Snr

The tactically more astute prevailed, one up front to contain a tidy Hx. Then a swap for the engine that is Jay Curran and the power in the air from Antoine. They did not seem to know how to respond and ended up argueing amongst themselves. keeper nutmegged twice!!!

Hx looked very nervous at set pieces, they worked hard and chased down well, but it never really looked beyond us!

Great game tonight..

I thought Hornchurch shaded the first half.

Second half we Batchy made the right change going 2 up front and that caused the Hornchurch defence all sorts of problems.

David Lee showed his quality again with some great set pieces at important moments in the game.

Have to say attendance wasn't great for a local derby ( 368 ) but to be fair there was only about 50 away fans which was disapointing.

[****!!****] YESSSS!!!!!!!!

One man doesn't make a team, but it goes to show how much one player can change the attitude of everyone around him. As soon as Antoine and Jay came on everyone seemed to click and want to grind out the result....and they [****!!****] did it!

The whole of the first half we seemed really shy and out of place with nobody knowing what to do. It was just hoof, hoof, hoof. Second half we put the ball down on the floor, used the wings and made some changes. We found some extra energy and Antoine made all the difference - it was him that set up the first goal by hassling the keeper into losing himself and well done to Crow for putting it away. Let's hope Leon is fully fit now because he makes a massive difference.

Was a fantastic game, especially once the second half really got going.

This result has made my week!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
Have to say attendance wasn't great for a local derby ( 368 ) but to be fair there was only about 50 away fans which was disapointing.

Attendance was a real shame...would have expected for Hx to have more than they did smirk

Just goes to show how fickle people are around here...two defeats and the crowds start to sink!

As Gaffer rightly said tonight "the credit crunch is to blame"..."WE HATE GORDON BROWN AND WE HATE GORDON BROWN" wink

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
I was surprised how few and how quite the Hx fans were, I reckon about 40 with five or six noisy ones.

I thought they had this great home and away support!!

Second half they were silent! They seem to only sing when they are winning. Very poor...

Tactically I think we got it right and our bench was quite clever starting with one up front to contain and manage the game.

Once the goal went in we switched Danny & Leon up front and imediatly started to press more.

When we threw our hand on the table and went for it we had power and stamina coming off the bench to damage a tired young side.

Originally Posted By: MOB Snr
Tactically I think we got it right and our bench was quite clever starting with one up front to contain and manage the game.

If that was the plan, then it worked so 10/10!

Bringing on 2 fresh new attackers was definitely a great move - it killed the Hx defence smile

Great game. Leon Antoine made the difference with a powerful performance.

Hx got the obilgatory dodgy penalty as usual in our fixtures but made no difference as we showed great spirit to keep fighting and Jay scored a great winner.

5th place in the table. Very nice!!!

First Half I felt that we controlled the game and played very well and tbh you were poor playing the hoof ball. However Second Half too be fair Canvey got it spot on they had more fight and better team spirit and wanted to win this more, we looked very nervous on set pieces and thats what let us concede the 3 goals and your manager got his tactics right I think. Anyway well done Canvey and look forward when you visit the bridge in January.

PS Good luck in the FA Cup This weekend

Great result, the lads that came on done a great job. I do worry about our defense though. These experienced guys we've brought in no doubt give 110% but I feel the lack of competition or Batch not wanting to tinker too much has been a bad thing imo. I'm loving the competition for places up top and after last night this will get very interesting. I'm also loving Mel and Ricky fighting it out between the sticks. It just keeps players on their toes. At the back I'd like to see West and Blewer given more game time. Mustafa, Oliva etc need to know that they ain't going to start every week. Maybe I'm being harsh as we won but it becoming very clear that we are improving in areas where we are keeping players guessing.

4-5-1 has its place, and obviously it worked well against Margate and Billericay, but still think we look a better side at 4-4-2. The players seem to understand that system better and produce a more comfortable performance, still this isn't the time to speculate on which formations to use, the change around at half time brought about an excellent 2nd half performance - Hornchurch looked shell shocked, so well done to John and the lads on a really good result.

At the end of the day, if we are getting the results i guess people will be happy whichever formation we use!