Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

buying canvey island

abduljrus

I am sorry if this sounds weird question. the whole purpose i registered for this site was just to ask this question to genuine gulls supporters. let me give some background to my question first.

I play FM08 (football Manager) and I decided one day to play canvey Island and I got them all the way (i couldn't win the champions league though, first time real madrid beat me then the second time I lost to Barcelona with Messi at 32 years old.) as I was playing that game, I got an interesting question from one my friends.

he wondered how much would it cost to buy canvey Island?

most of you probably know that Football clubs are just hobby interests for their owners. no investor buys a football club with the after-thought of making money. if anything, its a money losing hobby to own football clubs. especially in the lower leagues.

anyways, how much would you estimate to buy Canvey Island outright?

Thanks,

in all seriousness, how much do you think... we have a bet on this (he gets to fill my tank and pay my cable bill this week if I win and if he wins the same...)

i said less than $200,000 which is about 120 thousand or so Euros if not less and he said more than 250 thousand dollars. which is closer to mark... and btw, I am not cheating since he is reading this too...

I live in Brooklyn ....... Brooklyn Park that is... about 10 miles off Minneapolis and my local team is Minnesota Thunder [http://www.mnthunder.com/] and I we play in the USL. the quality is waaay below MLS but essentially, if it comes to rankings, we are suppose to be at the same level as MLS.

and yeah... i just shelled out $45 dollars to fill his tank and i still need to pay his cable.. thats another 120$ so there you go, you gulls crack my wallet up! literally.

and yeah... I choose Canvey because of that shining crest. I love the crest and i had to edit my editor to play them too.

Originally Posted By: abduljrus
and yeah... I choose Canvey because of that shining crest. I love the crest and i had to edit my editor to play them too.

I recommend you buy FM2009 when it comes out. You'll be pleasantly surprised. wink

Originally Posted By: abduljrus
wow, never thought it was that much mobsr. really? over 1 million us dollars for a non-league below conference team... wow

Wow man, you would never have quessed you were a yank, man thats outragous, wow!!!!! grin

Originally Posted By: HullbridgeCrewSoDnt Mes
canvey pay thier fans to come to the matches though rember.

Shut it you little muppet and get on with your homework!