Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Stadium Move

Pretty Vacant

Looks good. I wonder whether the track will be 6 or 8 lanes. Hopefully 6 as it is more of a community/school track than one for senio competition. I didn't feel that a 6 lane track at AFC hornchurch affected the atmosphere. In addition, with closer links to the athletics people, maybe we can attract new supporters.

I am keeping everything crossed. This would be a massive opportunity for the Town, and I am pleasantly surprised reading the Council's initial statement. Ok, so an athletics track is not ideal in many people's eyes, but like some have already said, it can still work, i.e. places like Hornchurch, where the atmosphere was pretty good I thought. The cons are far outweighed by the positives!!

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Its all encouraging andy, but i'll wait for the clubs official statement. I dont doubt this statement, but would prefer it once the Chairman has the deal in the hand and him telling us so.

Looking at the full Cabinet report does throw up interesting questions, especially ones of a financial nature.

The Council has appointed a single party, 9 member Cabinet. The Cabinet provides transparent and accountable political leadership. It also takes away a lot of the business detail involved in delivering the Council's corporate priorities. This frees up time for the majority of councillors to exercise their ward councillor role. It enables them to focus on how the Council delivers services on the ground.

The Cabinet works within the Council's agreed policy framework. It can set up sub-committees to consider specific issues in detail. All Cabinet members are accessible to other councillors and their individual and collective decisions may be subject to scrutiny.

Therefore, a decision may be made but could be subject to scrutiny from other councillors, ie. those from the opposition parties.