Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ramsgate away.

Mini Goose

Originally Posted By: Mini Goose
Good day out in the end. Nice area, Good pub, my jellied eels were fantastic and some blinding crumpet in the tea bar. Shame John was unlucky when it came to getting one of the girls numbers but you can't win them all. ( Keep trying mate)

good day out then I take it also I must say everytime I hear your gaffer change formations due to a result or poor performance he always get it right so fair play to your gaffer and wanted to ask has John coached anywhere else besides Canvey

Originally Posted By: mace
Originally Posted By: leigh on seagull

And our barmaids reckon they've never seen uglier than you lot ... and one of them's been a judge in the world gurning championships for the last 5 years !!

how did you get to know her, . . . did you win it!

No, i came 2nd ..............

you must try harder next year mace,. . . see you in the return match on the island.

Originally Posted By: mace
I was looking forward to this one before yesterday but i'm afraid some of your fans made sure that i won't be putting a penny into your club.

What about getting behind your team then, or are you one of these fickle supporters!!!

And why might that be? Please feel free to quantify......that means elaborate....that means expand.....sorry, that means explain your reasons?

Sorry thought I was replying to Mace......Just wanted him to explain his unsubstantiated comment on why our fans made sure he wouldn't be coming to Park Lane. I will now take time and effort to read your forum as you suggested though. PS not looking for an argument just an explanation smile

Ok, I've read your forum - didn't take long really. Not sure about "plenty of chat" just a dozen or so ill informed and ignorant comments such as:

'What did you expect when they come from a place like Canvey?'

Thats pretty creative!

'They only came to the ramsgate end to intimidate'

They went to your "end" in my opinion to create some worth while atmosphere rather than just listen to the one song you lot seemed to know.....

Also I saw on a couple of occasions during the 1st half at least one of the same lads having a laugh with your younger fans who seemed to be enjoying it.

Think your bitterness is misplaced and is borne out of being 2 nil up, a man to the good and still F*@king it up! And in the 1st half we played as bad as I've seen all season!

Last point - I think you shouldn't throw stones either as I heard one of your players using some pretty choice language at the end towards our fans. As a player he should know better and rise above any so called comments from the terraces. I had my young son with me and could have taken offence at that too, but hey I'm a grown up.

PS you will play worse than you did today and win though for what its worth:)

Yeah one of your lads was ok (ish) in comparison to the others.

The rest of them will get themselves and your club into trouble at some point for sure ... from what i've been told ( through one of your own ) these fans do the same at every game and are a bit of an embarassment.

Yeah one of your lads was ok (ish) in comparison to the others.

The rest of them will get themselves and your club into trouble at some point for sure ... from what i've been told ( through one of your own ) these fans do the same at every game and are a bit of an embarassment.

What does mace mean about our club that is what i wanna know

JS - sorry i didn't mean it to sound sinister.They will give you a bad reputation and people won't want to come to your ground.

Originally Posted By: John Short
who was the ok one

He was wearing a black polo - when i say ok i mean he wasn't abusive.

Originally Posted By: John Short
and who told you

One of our fans was told by one of yours

Mace have a look at it, You are embarrassing yourself, If you felt so upset about this at the time then why didnt you have the bollox to do something about it? Seems to me alot of your fans were enjoying some good banter, Hence why they shook our fans and said fair play at the end.

2 words mate, sour grapes.

Copied below from the Ramsgate forum? what the hell went off down there

Khalid Sun Oct 12 2008, 12:37PM

Registered Member #267

scum thats all i can say. I didnt mind that they came to our end but standing in front of us and calling us [****!!****] if it wasnt for the club I would of smashed the s**t out of them.