Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-October 17 )

• Photo
    Canary Saint

• Photo
    GNFC til i die

• Photo
    Town Statto

• Photo
    Don Douglas

• Photo
    UpTheBulls

• Photo
    lecof

• Photo
    davelfc

• Photo
    hilson

• Photo
    davidace23

• Photo
    Dave EUFC

• Photo
    RicharDinGlasgoW94

• Photo
    wakeling

• Photo
    non league fan

Photo

LAST CHANCE SALOON ??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
29 replies to this topic

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Now that Enfield Council appear to be supporting ETFC with a new ground / facility at Queen Elizabeth Stadium, is this the last chance for 1893 to accept the olive branch offered for a NEW Club.
Enfield FC or Enfield United or what-ever, BUT a new joint venture with ONE Club, ONE Team, One Stadium, ONE Group of united Supporters.

Come on 1893 - this is the opportunity.

Take it....NOW.

Come on....let's create a NEW Enfield for 2010.

I think 95%+ ETFC Supporters would welcome such a move.

What is the 1893 response ??????????????????????????????????

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)
It's all far too sensible, since when do football fans use common sense to make decisions.

offline Gazza

Gazza
Totally agree with Old Towner, this is not just about ETFC or EFC1893 its about both working together to form a new united club.

I dont want the word "and" in the name, just one club!

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Unfortunately whilst the vast majority of Towns supporters favour a re-merge.The vast majority of 1893 supporters do not.

offline Kleiner Hund

Kleiner Hund
  • Reserves
What supporters though? They only get about 10 these days.

offline MK James

MK James
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Unfortunately whilst the vast majority of Towns supporters favour a re-merge.The vast majority of 1893 supporters do not.

Correct, and if that's what our fans want then that's all that matters.

offline JAX

JAX
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • Supports: Enfield FC
  • Foes: Anyone who plays us.
Whats the rush , Donkey lane wont be ready for at least a year and the rest of the season has to be over yet .

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: JAX
Whats the rush , Donkey lane wont be ready for at least a year and the rest of the season has to be over yet .

Who said there was a rush.
However, 1893 either want to be "involved" or not.

I am not sure it would go down that well if ETFC did all the work and 1893 "just turned up later" -
Make your minds up NOW.

Surely, even those at 1893 against the merger can see, the offer ain't going to last forever !!!!!!!!!!

At the moment it would appear from statements made that the offer is "open ended".

In my opinion, it should have a definate END DATE.

DEAL SORTED BY THE DATE ( to be agreed ) OR FORGET IT.

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
How comes you lot keep wanting to merge with a team whos ''never played in Enfield and is not even the real EFC''? you don't see us continue to make threads about mergers. Surely we are no use to the mighty ETFC and their new stadium?

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
correct FF. However, our two sets of fans and a united club should create excitiement for non league football in the Borough. For me EFC is dead but the memories live on and we can grow those memories into something really special.

online andyetfc

andyetfc
I can't see MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon merging and I don't think our two clubs will. The constitutions are so different. Maybe the day will come when one of the constitutions will change to allow a merger if one is wanted by all concerned. As I said earlier, I wish everyone well at Enfield 1893 and let's get on with playing football.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: football fanatic
How comes you lot keep wanting to merge with a team whos ''never played in Enfield and is not even the real EFC''? you don't see us continue to make threads about mergers. Surely we are no use to the mighty ETFC and their new stadium?

I agree totally with Mr H and OT. And Andy, MK Dons fans dont come from Wimbledon as the Wimbledon Fans come from Wimbledon its not a good comparison, we have a unique scenario here.

I would like to expand on OT's comments that WHEN I start getting my hands dirty to assist the new grounds and then stand back and feel proud of our boards, members and supporters achievements I would resent any merger that puts an 1893 member on a new board (before me or any present ETFC member)from my hard work, however I am wholeheartedly for a merger if it is now or in the near future that would include 1893 input to the development of the stadium both physically and with expertise knowledge. A cut off date may be of use but can create tension too, so am not for that.

As for FF's comments, your a group of Enfieldians were forced out the 'village' we all came from. theres now an offer for you all to return as we were all members of the EFC family.

I think the only thing stopping you guys is pride, many comments were made over the last 7ish years, but that can all be forgotten about and laughed at in the future.

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: JAX

Taking the second part first, I'm not sure that mergers can only be negotiated during the summer; indeed that would be too late to take effect for the following season. What's needed is intent. It will be unfortunate if the subtext is to wait to see whether Brimsdown, unlikely to be a Senior Club with a Senior Ground at that point, is available before deciding what to do.

I think the important thing is that all 1893 supporters are welcome at Town games, home and away.

online andyetfc

andyetfc
"And Andy, MK Dons fans dont come from Wimbledon as the Wimbledon Fans come from Wimbledon its not a good comparison, we have a unique scenario here."

My point being that too much water has gone under the bridge and there could be supporters of each team who never had anything to do with EFC in the first place. MK Dons moved and a new club was born with its own identity.

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
O/T I agree with Jakki WHATS THE RUSH ?

Surely this season has to be done & Dusted first . Steve has publicly said Not Yet . Just leave it at that for now mate.

offline Enfield United

Enfield United
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Son of Sam
O/T I agree with Jakki WHATS THE RUSH ?

Surely this season has to be done & Dusted first . Steve has publicly said Not Yet . Just leave it at that for now mate.

Steves 'Not Yet' are straws of words to hang on to. But what will happen if ETFC start to spend their money and the ETFC supporters/members start putting time and effort into the works needing to be done.

Would you not find that unfair to then accept the good members of your board places into a merged club. I'm only a fan and member but if I help out setting up the ground til its all done and dusted then I would find it difficult to support an even steven merge.

If Steve and his fellows come in now or asap (within legal and conforming with rules) then I'm up for a merger where 1893 and ETFC expertise can be put into action.

offline Enfield_Massive432

Enfield_Massive432
  • Reserves
Enfield 1893 forever! No Surrender!!!

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Enfield_Massive432
Enfield 1893 forever! No Surrender!!!

Well, that is a very adult approach isn't it.

If this is the overall response from ALL 1893 supporters, lets end ALL and ANY FURTHER debate.

Good Luck 1893 in your own world.

offline russ

russ
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
well i for one would join up the 2 teams but thats me and they no who i am but as for now i will still go to watch enfield week in week out home and away i have many friends who watch enfield town but thats how it is some stayed some left ive always belived that we would merge but i respect them fans that stayed with this club enfield fc

russ

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Looks like you are in the minority at 1893. We all made our decisions I chose to go with the new team. I have said on mumerous occasions I always felt ETFC was a means to an end. That end being getting rid of Laz. In my opinion it worked. However, times have changed and I can't see the two clubs getting back together at present.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus