Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight

Well, we paid for our poor first and second half performances. We stepped up the game in extra time and played some good football, but it was too little too late.

Nobody had a particularly bad game as such, it just didn't seem to click for us today all over the field.

To be fair to Cambridge, when they got the ball down they played some fantastic football.

First half we had some dodgy flagage from the linesman which didn't help, but you can't blame him. Thought the ref had a good game which is a surprise at this level.

I really think Ricky Wiseman had a cracking game in goal today - he did everything we could have asked for and made a blinding save first half! Moore was unbeatable most of the time, Patten played well until he went off injured and Tarken had another good performance. Dave Lee run his heart out and did lots for us all over the pitch.

As I said, I don't think anybody had a bad game, just as a team we didn't 'work' tonight frown

All in all a very entertaining game for the neutral supporter, just a shame we couldn't get more out of it; back to the league now though frown

We wasn't that bad just didn't really happen for us tonight.

We only really started testing their keeper in extra time.

In fairness Cambridge City are a good side. Their number 7, Scott Nielson looks a quality player (needs to learn how to take a penalty though!!)and they probably will be thereabouts in terms of promotion and the play offs in their league.

I agree, Ricky had a great game and made two fine saves. Tarks worked very hard at right back and certainly Moore and Patten were strong at the back.

Didn't really happen for us tonight and always dissapointing to lose on penalties but we can look forward to what hopefully will be a cracking game against Dover on Saturday.

I just think that two very evenly match teams were drawn together, and one of us had to lose. I fancied penalties from the start, and it's a shame that we didn't make it through.

Saying that, if I had to choose which shootout to win, I'm glad we won the Redbridge won!

The lads played well though, can't knock them for effort or commitment.

we were unlucky last night.

very even game, we really couldn't pass at all first half and we looked poor. they were a very good good with great pace and caused us loads of problems when they run at us.

moore was solid at the back. tarken looked sharp and took a great pen. wiseman has come back and has looked very sharp a great save first half and an even better one at full stretch in the 2nd half

we had the advantage in the shoot out but 2 very poor pens cost us where as all of the city pens were spot on even the one saved was a really good pen

dont know how we can play 120 mins of fooball and use only 2 subs i cant see jon edwards staying for much longer as he cant be happy with dave lee just comin in on tuesdays and playing and he has been poor last two games apart fom his free kick. dont think thats how a squad should work. jon could play at a higher levels from the games i have seen and the reports of him from the USA

roll on sat now need a good win against dover to keep us moving forward in the league now

It was real end to end stuff last night and although there

was no goals i found it entertaining.Ricky played well and could have been the hero after he saved the pen.I didnt feel

westy looked comfortable at left back but played better as the

game went on.Tarkan moore and patten were excellent last night

although patten seemed to really struggle with his injury.But i

thought cambridge were a good passing side.

Looking forward to saturday hopefully a real ding dong!

I thought we played some amazing football at times last night and were unlucky to hit the woodwork at least three times.

Saying that, I thought we were lucky as well that they missed two sitters and Ricky pulled off a fantastic save in the second-half.

Didn't think the central midfield really clicked a couple of times last night and Halle skying his penalty really summed up his night.

Thought Leon Gordon played out of his skin last night, he and Patten have been so consistant, hopefully Patten's injury isn't too serious.

What I am worried about now, although I stand to be corrected obviously is maintaining our current squad without the similar amount of prize money like we won last season.

If there was a God of Football, he would've found last night's match as true dedication to the sport.

Originally Posted By: Canvey Fan 1926
Lovely little write up in the Echo today...

"Gulls must lift themselves quickly to enterain leaders Dover in Ryman League Division One on Saturday"

That's the bulk of the story.

Any chance of a favour and pasting the echo report on to this item

to be honest Pabrid its hardly worth it..

Our recent articles / write ups in the Echo have been pathetic..

Why does the Echo focus more on Grays then Clubs in there own area..

I will mention our poor coverage to the Chairman this evening and see if he can have a chat with the Echo / Dick Marshall.

Originally Posted By: ShedBoy
to be honest Pabrid its hardly worth it..

Our recent articles / write ups in the Echo have been pathetic..

Why does the Echo focus more on Grays then Clubs in there own area..

I will mention our poor coverage to the Chairman this evening and see if he can have a chat with the Echo / Dick Marshall.

applause

i was waiting for that bite!! So predictable Mr CRFC Chairman..

They have bigger clubs to cover! Is that some kind of joke! smile

In all honesty it amazes me how much coverage the likes of Grays get, do the echo not realise there are plenty of other clubs within there area that would love better coverage.

Tough game for us tomorrow, Dover are a very strong side with some quality players, our fans need to be as vocal as possible to drive the players on..

Each game in the Ryman Premier is tough and there are no easy games, i have noticed a big difference in the quality compared to last seasons tough Ryman North division.

We have made a great start and with the squad Batchy has put together, plus our latest signing Stuart Ainsley we are a match for anyside in my view.

Personally i thought Cambridge City on Tuesday where one of the best sides i have seen so far, they played with great pace and played the ball on the deck.

Come on you Yellows!