Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harlow v CIFC Updates

ShedBoy

the game today was ruined by a totally incompetent ref and set of assistants. didn't see j's offence so wont comment, but the moore sending off even had some of the harlow fans laughing. The player missed his kick ,fell over and that was it 2nd player off. Thought with 10 men we were still in the game. We need to sort our red card situation out cos this will cost us

dearly.Good banter with the harlow fans who all seemed ok.But a thoroughly wet and disappointing day.

Nothing to do with our discipline today in my opinion, more to do with a completely terrible referee. Abysmal.

On the plus side, we weren't to bad considering. Also, the Harlow lot were a good bunch, hope they have a good day next Saturday v Macclesfield.

totally agree glen this wasn't our lack of discipline today we were mugged off by a total [****!!****] of a ref.But what i meant was the red cards are mounting up every other game it seems we are down to 10 men and they all can't be bad ref decisions. I would like to hear if anybody saw the curran incident cos all i saw was their player on the floor like he had been shot then get up with not a mark.

this was the worse case of a bad ref i have ever seen, no doubt at all he wanted to be the star of the show its about time these muppets are reported, if i was that bad at my job i would be sacked, whats the difference ?? didnt see the curran red but someone said he had his arm across his chest that was all !!

Guest MOB Snr

The referee was not a bad referee, he was a blatant cheat.

It was clear to all, our supporters had upset him on previous occassions and he was determined that our crticism of previous performances was going to be returned with a vengence,

Jay sending of was not even a foul he was being pulled by the no 2, he attempted to shrug him off! No Foul 10 men!!

As for Moore, enough said!!!

What really is a shame is the guy did football an injustice not CIFC.

What I would like to get a view on is:-

You are Harlow Manager playing 7 men 10 minutes to go.

Do you try to rack up a goal difference in case needed later in the season?

Keep ball and pass around your defence to protect against injuries and grab 3 points?

Or ????

I heard a lot of people crticising them for what they did??

Have to agree with you about the officials yesterday - both red cards looked very doubtful and the penalty was a joke.

If Canvey had scored from any of the chances in the first 10 minutes it would have been a completely different game.

I think the reason why Harlow played possession football for the last ten minutes was because they realised that if Canvey got another player injured or sent off the match would be abandoned as one side would have less than 7 men.

Originally Posted By: Scuba Steve
the game today was ruined by a totally incompetent ref and set of assistants. didn't see j's offence so wont comment, but the moore sending off even had some of the harlow fans laughing. The player missed his kick ,fell over and that was it 2nd player off. Thought with 10 men we were still in the game. We need to sort our red card situation out cos this will cost us
dearly.Good banter with the harlow fans who all seemed ok.But a thoroughly wet and disappointing day.

The Ref was an disgrace def the worst ref in this league by far Moores sending off had me laughing and like Steve says even the harlow fans laughed at why he was sent off as soon as he went off I felt the game was all harlow but had it been 11 v 11 or even 10 v 11 I felt it was an even game and could of been at least a point

Originally Posted By: Hawkeye7
I think the reason why Harlow played possession football for the last ten minutes was because they realised that if Canvey got another player injured or sent off the match would be abandoned as one side would have less than 7 men.

Yeah, made sense really. Don't blame Harlow at all for doing that, any sensible side would have done.

Spoke to our manager back at our clubhouse and he said that the thought of trying to get the game abandoned hadn't even crossed his mind. His view was that at 3-0 the game was over, so what was the point of making two injured players continue?

Still sick with the way the game was destroyed by the so-called neutral official. He was a joke who allowed Harlow to play an aggressive game and penalized Canvey for every challenge. Both sending's off were a disgrace, especially the 1st, the ref was totally mugged off by a m1nge of a player, he didnt even see the challenge and as the ref looked at Taylor, he looked up saw the commotion and play acted, what a joke and made even worse by the fact that the pr*ck scored from the spot and just rubbed it in. The last few minutes, Harlow looked embarrassed to play the ball forward, but in summary, the ref shouldn't be allowed to ref mini soccer let alone ryman prem games! Forgot to mention Gabs disallowed goal, could've been border line, but if it was the other way, you could've bet your bottom dollar it would've stood. That was at 0-0 with 11 men as well! Until half time, we were more than capable of taking something from the game.