Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

hornchurch expectations

urchinman1961

well i've seen the highs n lows with hornchurch f.c and in these current uncertain financial times it makes you wonder how far we can progress,it's obvious this season we can punch above our weight but could we afford it ? we could hold our own in the bs south but could we afford the overheads,just seems to me like a catch 22 situation at the mo what do other people thinkcool

Now thats a hard one, I agree that we could punch our weight at con south, but with all the traveling I think the support may drop off. I for one like the Ryman prem but I know we should always look to be moving on, so lets see you never know who may have seen us play in the last round of the FA cup.............

Personally, i will say what i said last season. 51 points and you avoid relgation. Cup runs on top are a bonus.

The resesion will start to really bite soon and i can see a time when clubs will start to refuse promotion because of financial reasons and clubs from the conf. south requesting relegation for the same reason.

Crowds will start to fall as paying house hold bills is more important that paying for 90 minutes of football. We will also start to see more clubs have financial problems. The future is not bright for clubs not well managed.

I can see the likes of thurrock , Fisher and maybe if they do drop down end of the season Grays playing in the ryman premier.

As for the urchin progress before pre-season I said I would like to reach the playoffs again however due to whats happening with the credit crunch and etc I wouldnt mind to have another season in the RPL then the season after talk about the play offs. Also I think and I do include myself on this that we have forgotton that apart from this season we have won 2 league titles , 3 cups and reached the play offs last season since we reformed so to do that is Brilliant so maybe another season for consolidation wouldnt be a bad thing.

thats the point of the original thread jay as much as i like turnin over the bigger opposition can we actually afford to go up ,last nite's attendance for instance 233 would'nt suprise me if we made a loss on that and thats just one examplecool

dunno jay we had the same thing in the connie sarf u had ya regular hardcore go me included and i still like to go to grounds not previously visited but the money thing seems to be affectin everybody if not now maybe later i'm in the construction business and next to finance is the most vulnerable line of business hence why i buy a season ticket just in casecool

A few years ago we were getting regular crowds between 500 - 800. Now we average somewhere around half that number and much of that is down to people prioritising their household bills and mortgages over watching football.

I think we represent good value for money for those who enjoy watching football live rather than just on TV. Our last home game attracted 3000 people and yet, last night we got less than 250.

These people are happy to turn out for the glory game against Peterborough but retreat to the comfort of Sky Sports and Setanta when the club needs them most.

I echo the sentiments of those on this thread who feel that we could cope with the football pressures of the BS South but the increased overheads on our current crowd levels may be too much for the club to bear.

If we increased the ticket cost to

what I should of done tbh and got a season tickit

Also what I like about the RPL is the derbies. ATM we have hx, Canvey and Ricay of which canvey and ricay are rivals and they see Hornchurch as the same and thats what I like about this league and could you imagine if Grays drop into this league next season and If ( which in my view think will happen) Thurrock will be relegated so more derbies to come